PDA

View Full Version : Worst fans ever?

rolo
12/11/2003, 12:09 PM
last night in waterford was one of the most headwrecking experiences of my life....

no, not what was going on out on the pitch .... rather what was happening in the stands.

those ol dolls shrieking went straight through my head like... i had some awful headache! and then at the end, and only at the end... a small bunch of 10/15 fellas in the very far corner of the stand throw a few scarves up and sing a song....???

nearly ****ed me off more than don o connor..... nearly!

definitely my 451 nominations for the worst fans.

fonzi
12/11/2003, 12:26 PM
no way. shels be a mile.

patsh
12/11/2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by fonzi
no way. shels be a mile.
Would'nt they actually have to have some fans in the first place?..:p

SÓC
12/11/2003, 1:30 PM
Those Waterford fans make the St. Anne's end look like a hotbed of passionate football fans.

I got to the ground late, you'd never know they were 2-0 up.

All the same a dissapointing City turn out, we should have had more than that down there. Around 200? Maybe 300? Im quite crap at guessing crowds.

wiseman
12/11/2003, 1:45 PM
Worst fans were the City supporters who applauded the team at the end of the game after that ****e performance

SÓC
12/11/2003, 2:09 PM
Originally posted by wiseman
Worst fans were the City supporters who applauded the team at the end of the game after that ****e performance

We applauded the team, the jersey, the club we all love, we applauded to show that we're not just there to follow the team when they win, not just a bunch of Waterfordesque "dont even sing when we're winning" fans. We traveled from far and wide to support them, win lose or draw.

I dont think anybody was applauding the performence, they might have been the losers on the night but they are our losers.

pete
12/11/2003, 2:14 PM
Wasn't there last night but big difference between clapping the team off the pitch that cheering them off.

NorthoftheLee
12/11/2003, 2:47 PM
Well said SOCfc........couldnt put it better myself........

Colm
12/11/2003, 2:59 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
We applauded the team, the jersey, the club we all love, we applauded to show that we're not just there to follow the team when they win, not just a bunch of Waterfordesque "dont even sing when we're winning" fans. We traveled from far and wide to support them, win lose or draw.

I dont think anybody was applauding the performence, they might have been the losers on the night but they are our losers.

Spot on Sean. Very well said.

Wiseman, I applauded at the end last night as I do at the end of most games. I wasn't happy with the performance as I know we are capable of better but I want Dolan and the players to know that we are all behind them. A negative reaction is only going to destroy some of the players confidence and thus be be bad for the club.

rebelhead
12/11/2003, 3:18 PM
just want to say that who ever started off the garden knomb song about the steward is a legend.the song was better than the match.classic

Éanna
12/11/2003, 4:20 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc

spot on. abusing them ain't gonna make things better

Druss
12/11/2003, 4:25 PM
Originally posted by rolo

those ol dolls shrieking went straight through my head like... i had some awful headache! and then at the end, and only at the end... a small bunch of 10/15 fellas in the very far corner of the stand throw a few scarves up and sing a song....???

nearly ****ed me off more than don o connor..... nearly!

definitely my 451 nominations for the worst fans.

At least the girls had a go. One chant maybe, crap voices definitely, but i'd give them grudging respect. Their "boyfriends" on the other hand..:rolleyes:

golly
12/11/2003, 5:28 PM
what do u want us to do wiseman boo is it and compound d misery even more. it was a ****e performance but still i c no reason to boo the team i applaud d team after evry game. booing does more harm den good and usually cmes frm a mindless minority which most city fans are not involved in

applehunter
12/11/2003, 9:49 PM
Why are they the worst fans?!!!
Because they cheer their team. I didn't know what your problem was. From what I heard you were screeching straight back at them.

Some City fans went way overboard with the abuse. To be honest I was ashamed to be a City fan.

Colm
12/11/2003, 9:52 PM
Originally posted by applehunter
Some City fans went way overboard with the abuse. To be honest I was ashamed to be a City fan.

What are you talking about?
City fans were very well behaved and created a great atmosphere with loads of noise and colour.
If your allergic to hearing a bit of abuse then you probably should stick to the egg chasing as it's par for the course at football matches.

TheNorthsider
12/11/2003, 10:05 PM
any 1 know the words of the gnome song

Bigballs
13/11/2003, 8:20 AM
City fans were well behaved and the gnome song was good, but where did the little pavies come from. There was a good few fellas about 7 or 8 years old, jeez they were knackers, they hardly went on their own. I can imagine their parents - no hope for the little ****s.

one_bounce
13/11/2003, 9:24 AM
oooh you look like
my garden gnome
oooh you look like my garden gnome
hes got a hat and a beard
ooh you look like my garden gnome
:D :D

Pablo
13/11/2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by THENORTHSIDER
any 1 know the words of the gnome song

my garden gnome
looks just like you
my garden gnome looks just like you
it has a hat and a beard
my garden gnome looks just like you!

its amazing how alcohol gives you inspiration.

as for the other comments, win loose or draw i support MY team. i wasn't happy with the performance-no one was, but singing "city till i die" does not just mean when they are winning...........

our time will come. don.t you worry about that. its plain and simple really-we're not good enough for now but we are getting there

NorthoftheLee
13/11/2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by one_bounce
oooh you look like
my garden gnome
oooh you look like my garden gnome
hes got a hat and a beard
ooh you look like my garden gnome

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I thought you were sober at the game......where did those lyrics come from??????:D

it was brilliantly adapted from the "My garden gnome is bigger than you" chant...........and he did look so like a gnome....so funny

My garden gnome(My garden gnome)
Is bigger than you(Is bigger than you)
My garden gnome is bigger than you
He's got a hat and a beard,
My garden gnome is bigger than you

Pablo
13/11/2003, 2:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
[B]:confused: :confused: :confused:

I thought you were sober at the game......where did those lyrics come from??????:D

its amazing how many cans you can fit in a pack pack! booooo to the evil bus driver:D

Shed End John
13/11/2003, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by fonzi
no way. shels be a mile.

Not a chance. Rovers, fools only brought about 15 fans down to the X last Friday.

If you're allergic to a bit of abuse you probably should stick to the egg chasing as it's par for the course at football matches

If only you'd been to Munster v Gloucester at Thomond Park back in January, Colm. The abuse given to the Gloucester team that day was unbelievable. Truly intimidating atmosphere.........and it worked too.:D :D

patsh
13/11/2003, 4:00 PM
Munster v Gloucester at Thomond Park back in January

I know I'm worse to even ask, but this must be the only game these w*nkers have ever won?:rolleyes:

Shed End John
13/11/2003, 4:04 PM
Originally posted by patsh
I know I'm worse to even ask, but this must be the only game these w*nkers have ever won?:rolleyes:

Yes you are, but, admittance is the first step to recovery.:D Not on your life, it just happens to be our best victory ever. Send me an email sometime and I'll give you the full history of memorable wins.;)
Still say it's Rovers for worst fans, and worst everything else too, btw.

Gary
13/11/2003, 4:12 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Not on your life, it just happens to be our best victory ever.

What, even better than that victory over the mighty all blacks in 1978?

Better than the one point victories over Harlequins?

:rolleyes:

silly sport.

Shed End John
13/11/2003, 4:26 PM
Originally posted by Gary
What, even better than that victory over the mighty all blacks in 1978?

Better than the one point victories over Harlequins?

:rolleyes:

silly sport.

DEFINITELY better than the win over the All Blacks........that was a friendly after all.
Harlequins? Surely you mean Saracens?

Shed End John
13/11/2003, 4:40 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
I don't know, one set of fifteen fat guys with shaved heads and cauliflower ears looks very much like any other.

For that lot, read Thierry Lacroix, Francois Pienaar and a team that might just have won the Heineken Cup only for us knocking them out.

Colm
13/11/2003, 4:48 PM
If only you'd been to Munster v Gloucester at Thomond Park back in January, Colm. The abuse given to the Gloucester team that day was unbelievable.

Were some of the good old chaps threatening to bugger them???

Éanna
13/11/2003, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by Colm
I say old man, that kind of allegation. Well, its, its, its just not cricket.

Shed End John
13/11/2003, 4:58 PM
Originally posted by Colm

Wrong idea there, Colm.:p When Gloucester ran onto the pitch, try something like Éanna at full throttle, along with 14,000+ other people.;) :D

Éanna
13/11/2003, 5:11 PM
try something like Éanna at full throttle,
obviously in a more upper-class and sporting manner. :)

Rugby in Limerick. Sort of like the clash of hip flask and cider flagon...
one of Ireland's great sociological mysteries. Intriguing how rugby is almost a working class game in Limerick and yet derided as the preserve of the aristocracy/ascendancy elsewhere.

Shed End John
13/11/2003, 5:15 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
one of Ireland's great sociological mysteries. Intriguing how rugby is almost a working class game in Limerick and yet derided as the preserve of the aristocracy/ascendancy elsewhere.

Not totally accurate. Limerick yeah, games in Cork are a bit of a mixed bag to say the least. As for Dublin 4 and the type of Leinster fan residing there..........agreed, sole preserve in that instance.

joe
13/11/2003, 6:22 PM
well there's no more heineken cup games in muzzer so it's off to tomand with ye

now get this back on topic before i have to do some work in splitting and moving it :rolleyes:

patsh
13/11/2003, 6:27 PM
Send me an email sometime and I'll give you the full history of memorable wins.
Lets see, some number of donkeys masquerading as "men" run on to a field.
They spend sometime kicking, punching and gouging each other.
They kick an egg shaped "ball" out of play or backwards to move it forward. They dive and roll around in the mud. At some point one group of donkeys are declared the "winners" of this "contest".
Some memories....:rolleyes:

:D

Gary
13/11/2003, 7:28 PM
Silly sport.

Rugby is the sole preserve of the rich and stupid, more often than not, both.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrugby, a game where u have to move backwards in order to move forward.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrugby, a sport where the most training is done is at the dinner table.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrugby, a sport where the only skill is being Big and fast.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrugby, the only legal thing possible where a bunch of peadophile old men get to stand around watching 8 year old fumbling around, whilst grunting and shouting "FUNT HIM FINTAN, give him a good one"!

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrugby, a sport where u stick ur head between the sweaty cheeks of another man (there are probably clubs for those kind of fetishes like).

Idiotic 'sport'.

:p :rolleyes: :p

Neil
13/11/2003, 7:30 PM
Who's Pietro?

joe
13/11/2003, 8:11 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Who's Pietro?

i thought you, of all people, would recognise the quote:p

Neil
13/11/2003, 8:19 PM
That's what I was thinking!
A Season with Verona?

Gary
17/11/2003, 3:17 PM
A mixed bag alright at rugby matches in Cork.

Those who live in Montenotte, and those who WANT to live in Montenotte...

What about RRrrrrrrrrrrrrrochestown, and nDouglas, and all these wanna be upper mobile places.