PDA

View Full Version : Championship Manager 01/02 - Free and Legal

tetsujin1979
02/01/2009, 2:03 PM
Eidos are giving away the 01/02 version of Championship Manager with a free update to today's squads and players on their website - http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/

Rovers1
04/01/2009, 8:04 PM
i can go one better and GIVE you CM03/04 for FREE!!! ;),.....without updated squads though.:(

Red&White Rover
04/01/2009, 8:26 PM
I think the difference is though, that CM 03/04 was complete ****e.;)

juan pablo
04/01/2009, 9:40 PM
i have copied the game to disc and all that but how do i update the Squads etc??

Rovers1
05/01/2009, 3:44 PM
there may be a patch for it. Contact www.sigames.com, they will be able to help.

Hitman
05/01/2009, 5:15 PM
i have copied the game to disc and all that but how do i update the Squads etc??

Instructions for bringing the game up to 2008:
http://champman0102.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=4&postcount=1
http://champman0102.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5403

SI Games Official Patch - v3.9.68 (need before updating):
http://downloads.sigames.com/download/242.exe

Red&White Rover
06/01/2009, 3:35 PM
no it wasnt i always thought it was class, sign daniel braathen and fredy william thompson, both unbelievable players who can be picked up for next to nothing, i actually think 03/04 was my favourite champo :)

It was the exact same game as Cm4. Virtually no changes.

The 2d pitch, which had been brought in in the previous years version, was not even attempted to be improved upon...

Big disappointment...

shefellover93
19/04/2009, 9:02 AM
Much appreciated, FM09 broke down to a dirbbling mess and so this'll fix my cravings until I get it fixed!

Looking at the city squad now, nostalgia!

bellavistaman
19/04/2009, 11:22 PM
Superb

Boo_Boy
20/04/2009, 11:57 AM
I've not got any blanks to burn it to right now, so can someone post a screenshot of the Sligo Rovers team from 01/02 for memories?:D

shefellover93
21/04/2009, 8:24 PM
I've not got any blanks to burn it to right now, so can someone post a screenshot of the Sligo Rovers team from 01/02 for memories?:D

Will list it out in a small while

shefellover93
21/04/2009, 9:19 PM
John Healy, Steve Feeney, Mark Hutchison, Paul Lally, Barry O'Dwyer, Anton Mannering, Paddy Lee, Ross McGlynn (C), Paul McTiernan, Seán Flannery, Damien Kennedy.

League Cup (07/11/2001) Original DB

Lev Yashin
02/05/2009, 9:53 AM
Eidos are giving away the 01/02 version of Championship Manager with a free update to today's squads and players on their website - http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/

is there anyway of playing this with out burning it onto a disk??

Dermotron
27/11/2012, 2:40 PM
Install MagicDisk

Download the iso from Eidos (http://eidos.http.internapcdn.net/eidos_vitalstream_com/cm0102/cm0102.zip) or here (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=2)

Right click on the iso and select Open With > Daemon Tools

Run Set-up when prompted to install the game

To add any Data Updates you with need the official SI Games Patch and then add the latest Data Update to the Championship Manager 01-02\Data folder.

tetsujin1979
27/11/2012, 3:14 PM
Daemon Tools is of dubious legality (at best) so I would not recommend it here

Dermotron
27/11/2012, 3:32 PM
What you mean? It's listed as a Free download with CNET, thought that be ok.

nigel-harps1954
27/11/2012, 9:41 PM
Generally, I find most illegal stuff on the internet is free.

tetsujin1979
27/11/2012, 11:30 PM
What you mean? It's listed as a Free download with CNET, thought that be ok.it's used to circumvent most copy protection tools, some ISO's have built in checks to see if its running on a machine. CNET also have things like uTorrent available. Not illegal in itself, but pretty much everything you will download will be copyrighted

Dermotron
28/11/2012, 11:35 AM
Ok, install Virtual CD-ROM or MagicDisk instead

TheBoss
28/11/2012, 6:37 PM
I'm sure Yev, has been watching this thread for 3 and half years waiting for a reply :)

NeverFeltBetter
28/11/2012, 6:41 PM
Is CM 01/02 even available for free (legally) anymore?

Dermotron
29/11/2012, 9:24 AM
It's still hosted on the Eidos servers if that makes any difference

NeverFeltBetter
28/04/2013, 10:35 PM
I decided to get this going again using the latest data from the Champman website to bring it up to the present day. Because they can't edit leagues to reduce the amount of teams, First Division looks like: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/247475_528331667205699_1112096437_n.jpg

Acornvilla
28/04/2013, 11:01 PM
I'm sure that will deeply insult some GUST fans :D

peadar1987
29/04/2013, 7:09 AM
I decided to get this going again using the latest data from the Champman website to bring it up to the present day. Because they can't edit leagues to reduce the amount of teams, First Division looks like: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/247475_528331667205699_1112096437_n.jpg

It's hard coded to change to a ten team premier at the end of the season as well

NeverFeltBetter
29/04/2013, 9:11 AM
Yeah, very unforgiving. A third of the top tier can go down in the first season.

NeverFeltBetter
29/04/2013, 1:08 PM
I'm sure that will deeply insult some GUST fans :D

Despite their being close to a hundred "non-league" base clubs for Ireland (mostly just placeholders with randomly generated squads) - the likes of "D.C.U", "N.U.I", "Garda" and so on - there actually isn't any entity remaining in the system to identify with GUST or Galway United. So, clearly a big SD Galway fan in the Champman boards.

Dermotron
29/04/2013, 9:52 PM
It's a nightmare trying to keep Ireland tidy. The fact there's nowhere that actually has a list of the registered players for each club leaves trying to compare data from here, extratime, transfermarkt and soccerway. Some clubs sites are good and up to date but lots are hopeless.

Whoever informs football-lineups (http://www.football-lineups.com/tourn/Ireland_Premier_Division_2013/) of the lineups and positions of players from each game does an amazing job.

Fact it runs August -> May in game means even with the correct amount of teams the game still runs at the wrong 'time'.

There is a Tapanified version of the database somewhere that included relegation to the A Championship which was interesting.

Galway Utd are still in there for Competition History purposes, but as an 'extinct' club

NeverFeltBetter
29/04/2013, 11:13 PM
It is impressive, how close Champman have gotten to the present day situation within the confines of the 00/01 system. One of the weird things with the modern update, is how after a few months you have 7 players looking for new contracts and accepting nothing but their initial demands. Must be something to do with how they edit contracts.

Rory Gaffney, despite never playing over a 6 rating and not scoring, just will not quit it with demands of a 10k signing on fee and three times his current wage. Meanwhile Craig Curran was doing so well that Glasgow Rangers went and bought him off Rochdale, ending his loan contract. Not to worry, because somehow Stephen Folan is the top scorer in the league.

peadar1987
29/04/2013, 11:57 PM
It is impressive, how close Champman have gotten to the present day situation within the confines of the 00/01 system. One of the weird things with the modern update, is how after a few months you have 7 players looking for new contracts and accepting nothing but their initial demands. Must be something to do with how they edit contracts.

Rory Gaffney, despite never playing over a 6 rating and not scoring, just will not quit it with demands of a 10k signing on fee and three times his current wage. Meanwhile Craig Curran was doing so well that Glasgow Rangers went and bought him off Rochdale, ending his loan contract. Not to worry, because somehow Stephen Folan is the top scorer in the league.

In the game I started a few years ago, I had Raf Cretaro signing for Bolton from Bohs for £3,000,000-ish, and ultimately going on to make almost 40 appearances for Ireland, with his scoring tally reaching double figures. Also such classic moments as this: http://foot.ie/threads/153138-Championship-Manager-is-realistic!?highlight=tsagarakis

Dermotron
30/04/2013, 1:59 PM
One of the weird things with the modern update, is how after a few months you have 7 players looking for new contracts and accepting nothing but their initial demands. Must be something to do with how they edit contracts.

This shouldn't happen as often in the March 2013 Update but should be gone completely by September 2013. There's some big changes to the players reputations that didn't get fully implemented.

If anyone has an interest or time to point out some positional corrections that would be great.

NeverFeltBetter
30/04/2013, 3:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, I actually love the latest update. The only possible finicky position correction I would suggest would be to make Gaffney a AM/FLC as opposed to SC. The rest of the Limerick squad looks dead on.

NeverFeltBetter
30/04/2013, 11:39 PM
I've just about finished a season with Limerick FC. It was remarkably successful by my usually mediocre standards anyway. Won the league with plenty of games to spare, won League Cup, FAI Cup finalists.

But the club is in a dire state all together. Nearly the entire squad reached the dreaded 6 month expiry time on their contracts on the same day. It wouldn't have mattered if I'd caught it earlier though, because I didn't have the finances to re-sign any but a handful of them (perils of success, they all want huge signing on fees, bonuses and quadrupled wages). Prize and tv money are tiny, and the stadium upkeep on Thomond so big, that Limerick looks pretty ballsed. Tracy, O'Leary, Gaffney, Bradley and Judge are all leaving, and all but 4 of the first team could join them if they were so inclined. I don't have the funds to replace all or even most of them.

The contract thing is the only complaint I would make though, because the rest actually matches the LOI experience closely enough. If Limerick were rigged to go into the Markets Field after a season or two, with vastly reduced stadium upkeep costs, it would be pretty cool.

Dermotron
01/05/2013, 8:48 AM
Being at such a big ground is a pain alright, not an awful lot can be done there. Even giving a fake average attendance of ~6000 might not cover the cost of the ground maintenance since the gate receipts work out a €4 a ticket or something silly like that - not something that can be changed either.

Will review the wages issue, not really sure what can be done even though there are small changes that will work short term.

Pretty much every player in the league is on a one year contract which from being on here is the norm with only a few on contracts lasting more than a year

NeverFeltBetter
01/05/2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah that's true on the one year contracts. The wage thing I just put down to winning things, that people wanted more money the more they won (for the most part), its just beyond my means. This mod is, on reflection, a really good representation of LOI problems at the moment!

NeverFeltBetter
03/05/2013, 7:49 PM
If anyone wants a look at how the mod see's the leagues finish:

1st C Limerick 74
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Cork City 60
3rd Shamrock Rovers 58
4th St. Pat's Athletic 55
5th Sligo Rovers 53
6th Bohemians 48
7th Dundalk 37
8th Bray Wanderers 36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9th R Drogheda Utd 36
10th R U.C.D. 34
11th R Shelbourne 32
12th R Derry City 28

1st C Waterford Utd 77
2nd P Athlone Town 69
3rd Finn Harps 60
4th Wexford Youths 59
5th Longford Town 56
6th Salthill Devon 50
7th Cobh Ramblers 44
8th Mervue Utd 41
9th FC Carlow 32
10th Tralee Dynamos 10

Sorry to tell Legendz that Tralee's 10 points all came from draws.