PDA

View Full Version : Mathematically

Macy
12/11/2003, 9:15 AM
We can't go down in the automatically after last nights win - we're 11 ahead of UCD and they only have 3 to play.....

By my reckoning we need 4 points to be safe from the playoff, regardless of what Derry do, and 3 points should be enough given our goal difference......

A win on Friday and then let the party resume.....

max power
12/11/2003, 9:55 AM
just wondering, do we get more money the higher we finish up the table ??? if so we can still finish 3th and that is what i think we aim for !!!! lets have a party in belfield on the 30th .

Macy
12/11/2003, 9:59 AM
Not as far as I know, sure the league doesn't have the income to pay anything significant anyway....

I'd say the run in will include a lot of the squad players, many of them playing for contracts, so hopefully that'll push us on....

As long as we finish above those louth b@stards....

max power
12/11/2003, 9:59 AM
well said and to finish above pats and rovers would be sweet too

Xlex
12/11/2003, 10:03 AM
On the other hand, win our remaining games and we're all but set for at least 5th, seriously speaking another 5th [place finsh and I would be as happy as the pig in ****... to hell with settling for safety, go for the jugular...

max power
12/11/2003, 10:12 AM
don't tell anyone that i agree with all you've just posted

Schumi
12/11/2003, 1:00 PM
Originally posted by Macy
By my reckoning we need 4 points to be safe from the playoff, regardless of what Derry do, and 3 points should be enough given our goal difference...... Realistically, you're safe as it stands. Derry aren't playing well enough to win 3 of their 4 games left.

Xlex
12/11/2003, 1:05 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Realistically...

Schumi, he did say Mathemathically....

best of luck in staying up... I really would loves youse to do it...

Macy
12/11/2003, 1:07 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
Schumi, he did say Mathemathically....

best of luck in staying up... I really would loves youse to do it...
Yeah Schumi, I won't relax until there's no chance of us going down......

No offence Schumi, but contrary to Xlex, hope I never have to go to Belfield again once this season is over.... :cool:

Xlex
12/11/2003, 1:09 PM
Originally posted by Macy
No offence Schumi, but contrary to Xlex, hope I never have to go to Belfield again once this season is over.... :cool:
with Pat's and UCD in the same league Cup group... you just might have to go...

Macy
12/11/2003, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
with Pat's and UCD in the same league Cup group... you just might have to go...
:rolleyes: