PDA

View Full Version : Eddie's new year wish

Pages : [1] 2

naoise kennedy
31/12/2008, 2:09 PM
two strikers and a goalie.. what do you think????

The Fox
31/12/2008, 5:01 PM
I think that it all depends on who else leaves to be honest. Skippy may yet stay? So i think that a centre back is a number one priority - it would be great to keep Kenny and Tresson but realistically they are not a centre back partnership. If Rowe and or O'Keffe stays then id say that realistically one striker is all that we can afford. Any more word on Cawley - if he leaves and with Duggan gone we will be light there too.

naoise kennedy
31/12/2008, 5:57 PM
I think that it all depends on who else leaves to be honest. Skippy may yet stay? So i think that a centre back is a number one priority - it would be great to keep Kenny and Tresson but realistically they are not a centre back partnership. If Rowe and or O'Keffe stays then id say that realistically one striker is all that we can afford. Any more word on Cawley - if he leaves and with Duggan gone we will be light there too.
did'nt tresson resign for next season,, i hope we can keep skippy and hold on to kenny even though last year was meant to be his last.. cawley maybe a pain in the arse sometimes but he can make that pass (not always to his players) and his free kicks.. o keeffe is gone travelling and rowe is gone..

sligoman
31/12/2008, 7:43 PM
Where's Emelka these days?

mcglinchey
02/01/2009, 11:37 AM
Rowe has not left as he still has 1 yr left on his contract. From what i heard last week he wants to stay but the club want him to go as they can't afford his contract.

naoise kennedy
02/01/2009, 2:31 PM
Rowe has not left as he still has 1 yr left on his contract. From what i heard last week he wants to stay but the club want him to go as they can't afford his contract.
interesting.. i heard a while ago that he was gone to sporting fingal, if he wants to stay surely he should take a pay cut then..

BrayUnknowns
02/01/2009, 2:58 PM
Buzzer is 100% gone from the club. Strong roumers are that Darren Quigley is coming to the club. His missus is fro Bray and due their 1st baby very soon and they are looking to settle down etc... Wonderful if true ! signing Quigley that is :D

naoise kennedy
02/01/2009, 3:46 PM
Buzzer is 100% gone from the club. Strong roumers are that Darren Quigley is coming to the club. His missus is fro Bray and due their 1st baby very soon and they are looking to settle down etc... Wonderful if true ! signing Quigley that is :D
so skippy is definetly gone also ???? any rumours about strikers

naoise kennedy
05/01/2009, 7:04 PM
looks like cawley is gone according to the sun today..

The Fox
05/01/2009, 10:45 PM
I know that it is early yet but things are looking depressing - we have lost 5 players, others may retire etc. and now we may lose Cawley and Rowe. They may not have been the very top calibre of player but they are the standard of player that is required to compete in the premier. I wouldnt mind if there were players coming in or even rurmors of some new ones. The squad is currently looking very bare. Others are buying - dundalk, or buying/selling - derry but we seem to be losing our best players with no replacements? Overall i will be disappointed to see Cawley leave even if he does blow hot and cold at times

braysnumber1
06/01/2009, 12:21 AM
this time last year we had signed players and had several rumours and stories etc... we even had confirmation on which current players had signed... this year we have heard off nothing!!!!!! does anyone know anything? the website is sh!t nothing ever put up on that... no body seems to know anything! i wish the club would keep fans updated as much as possible. is that too hard to ask for....

Danny
08/01/2009, 3:18 PM
eddies wish mite be to take over at pats now that mcdonnell is gone

sligoman
08/01/2009, 7:11 PM
Where's Emelka these days?.....

naoise kennedy
08/01/2009, 7:32 PM
last i heard he was going for a trial in germany,, have not called into is place of work for a while..

The Fox
08/01/2009, 8:58 PM
Eddie may well be in the running and deservedly so but our saving grace may be that there are quite a few unemployed managers - Alan Matthews, Pat Scully, Brian Kerr, Damien Richardson, Paul Doolin? Curtis Fleming.
Eddie would surely be close to the top of the list however

BrayUnknowns
09/01/2009, 3:39 PM
Eddie may well be in the running and deservedly so but our saving grace may be that there are quite a few unemployed managers - Alan Matthews, Pat Scully, Brian Kerr, Damien Richardson, Paul Doolin? Curtis Fleming.
Eddie would surely be close to the top of the list however

I reckon Eddie will finish want to finish what he has started with Bray. He is still learning his trade at present and should get a few more years under his belt before he goes for a job at one of the so called bigger clubs. Long list of canditates with a better CV than him at present so i don't think he would be in the running, although in saying that it's now a part time position and the above named would probably perfer a full time position... Time will tell i suppose.

naoise kennedy
10/01/2009, 4:36 PM
two photo's of the lads back training on the web site,, is that mccabe in one photo and franco in the other?????????????

superfrank
10/01/2009, 4:57 PM
Do we only have four players?

One of them does look a bit like Franco.

naoise kennedy
12/01/2009, 2:13 PM
in todays paper it says quigley has signed for sporting on year loan???????

dublinwanderer
12/01/2009, 5:32 PM
'Pre Season Training
Wanderers' first team panel returned to pre season training last Saturday. Players from last season's panel that have returned for the coming season are Chris O'Connor, Derek Pender, Derek Foran, Paul Dunphy, Paddy Kavanagh, Daryl Robson, Gary McCabe and Colm Tresson.'

Got this in an email, weekly email that has the bray lotto results....

Great news about them, lets hope we can hold on to them for the coming season!!!

dublinwanderer
12/01/2009, 5:39 PM
hahaha and now from the website.....

'From last year's squad Eddie has lost the following:Alan Gough, Kevin Doherty, Andy Myler, Ray Kenny, Mark Duggan, Ger Rowe, Aidan O'Keeffe and Ronan Ivory. There are still doubts about the availability of Gary Cronin, Gavin Whelan and Alan Cawley.

Eddie will have the following players available from last season's panel: Chris O'Connor, Derek Pender, Derek Foran, Paul Dunphy, Paddy Kavanagh, Daryl Robson, Gary McCabe and Colm Tresson.'

hopefully we can keep hold off cronin and whelan. i suppose cawley too... no real surprises about the players gone though.........

naoise kennedy
12/01/2009, 6:58 PM
hahaha and now from the website.....

'From last year's squad Eddie has lost the following:Alan Gough, Kevin Doherty, Andy Myler, Ray Kenny, Mark Duggan, Ger Rowe, Aidan O'Keeffe and Ronan Ivory. There are still doubts about the availability of Gary Cronin, Gavin Whelan and Alan Cawley.

Eddie will have the following players available from last season's panel: Chris O'Connor, Derek Pender, Derek Foran, Paul Dunphy, Paddy Kavanagh, Daryl Robson, Gary McCabe and Colm Tresson.'

hopefully we can keep hold off cronin and whelan. i suppose cawley too... no real surprises about the players gone though.........
so who is the bloke that looks like franco,, is it daryl robson,, cawley is going to sligo...great to keep skippy..

lowflyingseagul
13/01/2009, 12:05 PM
cronin was rubbish last season. good luck to him

superfrank
13/01/2009, 12:40 PM
Daz aside, it's pretty good that we have held on to the younger players in the squad.

Couldn't care less if Cawley goes or not. He's a genuine talent but he's way too inconsistent and moody. Cronin and Whelan did try but they weren't key players.

naoise kennedy
14/01/2009, 10:32 PM
we still have a good core of players from last year, great to keep pender,any word on emeka coming back ?? i really hope franco and eddie don't have any issues this year, i think franco can still offer something up front..

KR's Post
15/01/2009, 1:25 PM
From Tuesdays Daily Mirror:
Colm Tresson will prolong his playing 19-year career having agreed a
new deal to remain on at Bray Wanderers.
The 37-year-old was the oldest outfield player in the eircom League
last year in which he became the Green and White's record appearance
holder.
"With the young squad we expect to have this season, Colm's wealth of
experience will be vital" explained Bray boss Eddie Gormley.
"He's kept himself fit and the fact he can play almost anywhere is a
huge bonus".
With Wanderers' budget slashed by at least 50% from 2008, Gormley has
had to cut his cloth to measure.
"Like most clubs, the reality is that the money is not there. But
we've put in place a good youth system over the past two years and
hopefully that will pay dividend".
Gormley also expects to re-sign much sought after full-back Derek
Pender and midfielder Daryl Robson to new contracts in the coming
days.
The Seagulls began pre-season last weekend with just 12 players.
But they included Australian Olympic goalkeeper Chris O'Connor and
Romanian striker Andrei Georgescu who were previously released by the
Wicklow side last December.
Utility man Stephen Gough has also returned to Wanderers for a third
spell after leaving Longford Town.
With veteran defender Ray Kenny having retired and playmaker Alan
Cawley strongly linked with a switch to Sligo Rovers, the former
Drogheda United pair of Gavin Whelan and Gary Cronin along with former
Irish U19 cap Emeka Onwubiko will not be returning to the Carlisle
Grounds.

Stephen Gough back... WOW!!!

naoise kennedy
15/01/2009, 1:38 PM
a bit dissappointed to see that emeka will not be coming back,, but i just passed the red bus with alan cawley on the back,, any suggestions who should replace him ????????

BrayUnknowns
15/01/2009, 1:42 PM
The Seagulls began pre-season last weekend with just 12 players.
But they included Australian Olympic goalkeeper Chris O'Connor and
Romanian striker Andrei Georgescu who were previously released by the
Wicklow side last December.
Utility man Stephen Gough has also returned to Wanderers for a third
spell after leaving Longford Town.
With veteran defender Ray Kenny having retired and playmaker Alan
Cawley strongly linked with a switch to Sligo Rovers, the former
Drogheda United pair of Gavin Whelan and Gary Cronin along with former
Irish U19 cap Emeka Onwubiko will not be returning to the Carlisle
Grounds.[/I]

Stephen Gough back... WOW!!!

I'm pretty much dumbfounded by the 1st part of that.... 3 players released and now there resigned ? what the hell is that all about ? Especially Gough and Franco. Not shock with the others leaving, that was always on the cards. At least it frees up a good chunk of money for bringinbg in new players

naoise kennedy
18/01/2009, 9:27 PM
anybody got an idea where emeka is gone.. he was meant to be going for a trial in germany ??????????

notever
19/01/2009, 11:58 AM
I believe Emeka is up north possibly Lisburn?

DmanDmythDledge
19/01/2009, 7:35 PM
Shane Fitzgerald is on the verge of signing for Bray.

Hulsey
20/01/2009, 12:36 AM
Shane Fitzgerald is on the verge of signing for Bray.

Any info on him? Can't say I'm familar with him

Bray Head
20/01/2009, 9:51 AM

I think he's a right sided midfielder from UCD that played a few games with Bohs before that.

The Fox
22/01/2009, 3:58 PM
It seems that Bohs are not in a position to sign anyone and may not this year so It will be interesting to see what Cawley and Rowe do now. I understand that they are both training with Bohs at the moment. Will they be back with tails between legs accepting a lower wage?

naoise kennedy
22/01/2009, 7:56 PM
It seems that Bohs are not in a position to sign anyone and may not this year so It will be interesting to see what Cawley and Rowe do now. I understand that they are both training with Bohs at the moment. Will they be back with tails between legs accepting a lower wage?
I heard rowe actually wanted to stay with bray but was released ??? sligo want cawley,,

The Fox
22/01/2009, 9:42 PM
He may have wanted to stay but was he prepared to take a pay cut?
If sligo want Cawley so badly why hasnt he signed for them - sligo seem to be spending money yet it doesnt appear that he is their priority. Why is he training with Bohs??

Hulsey
23/01/2009, 7:47 PM
Apparantly not only was Rowe unwilling to take a wage cut, he wanted a pay rise. Happy to see the back of that mercenary

superfrank
23/01/2009, 8:09 PM
Can't believe we paid money for him.

naoise kennedy
23/01/2009, 9:56 PM
Apparantly not only was Rowe unwilling to take a wage cut, he wanted a pay rise. Happy to see the back of that mercenary
I never heard about that,, asking for a pay rise after a season like he had.. good ridence to him..happy to see him released

braysnumber1
25/01/2009, 12:48 PM
i heard that stephen brennan is training with bray at the moment... he was released from pats at the end of the season. would be a very good signing!

other then that, i am very dissapointed with signings, or lack of.... i think we are doomed next season with our current squad... cant see us acheiving anything at all

The Fox
26/01/2009, 6:19 PM
there is talk that Emika is training with Longford at the moment. A good player with plenty of energy but very little end product, so i am not too worried about losing him to be honest.

superfrank
26/01/2009, 6:48 PM
He's only 19, there's still time for him to grow.

Seagull
26/01/2009, 8:25 PM
there is talk that Emika is training with Longford at the moment. A good player with plenty of energy but very little end product, so i am not too worried about losing him to be honest.
Saw him training with another guy at Ballywaltrim pitches this evening...

superfrank
26/01/2009, 8:42 PM
He works up at the gym there so that could be that.

Town Legend
26/01/2009, 11:25 PM

He was indeed on trial with us last weekend but think he also has a trial with another club and unless thats with Athlone I can't see him picking us over whoever the other club is!!

Seagull
27/01/2009, 4:21 PM
He works up at the gym there so that could be that.

The guy with him had a clipboard, cones out everywhere, looked serious stuff!

DmanDmythDledge
27/01/2009, 6:19 PM
22yo right winger. Poor player by Premier Division standards. Has a lot of pace but does not have the talent to use it. Poor dribbler of the ball and no end product. Only effective if you can knock the ball 30/40 yards ahead of him into open space. Nowhere near the standard of Paddy Kavanagh.

Town Legend
27/01/2009, 7:51 PM
Daire Doyle has just joined ye!

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1184/

BrayUnknowns
30/01/2009, 1:47 PM
Cawley has signed for St. Pats

The Fox
30/01/2009, 4:08 PM
Cawley has signed for St. Pats

A real measure of the man - touts himself to the highest bidder of 5 clubs - what a genuine honest player!!! Bray, Bohs, Sligo, Dundalk and now Pats.
Eddie gave him a chance 2 years ago when nobody would touch him with a bargepole and this is how he gets repaid