PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me livescore is wrong!!

michaelguineys
11/11/2003, 6:47 PM
IS it really 2-0 to Waterford???????????????????????

Ref
11/11/2003, 6:54 PM
Waterford Utd 2-0 Cork City 7.30
Fitzgerald 1
O'Brien 5

Gary
11/11/2003, 7:29 PM
Devine
Hog....Dan...Derek....Billy
Kearney (Grady).....Greg...Murray..Doyle
George...Behan

Bennet back on the bench! WTF?

Playing reasonably well Im told, but Waaaaaaaherfurh are countering well.

Apparently massive security around Dan Connor.

Cityace
11/11/2003, 8:06 PM
3-0, **** sake!!!!

michaelguineys
11/11/2003, 8:09 PM
Jesus 3-0 according to Aertel. What the hell is happening??
For f uck sake

razor
11/11/2003, 8:11 PM
On current form this has been coming.
I mean for gods sake Murray in centre midfield again.
Does Dolan ever learn.
:mad:

Gary
11/11/2003, 8:40 PM
Well from what ive been told, we were rubbish, and it could have as easily been 6 or 7. One of their fellas missed a few one on ones. Apparently the third goal was a c****** from Mick.

All we can do now, is dust ourselves down, and try and get at least 7 points from our remaining 3 games. We need to thump Derry on Friday to get the confidence up again.

Europe hangs by a thread!
:(

foureyes
11/11/2003, 8:55 PM
We've been let of the hook again (to a certain extent) with Rovers losing at home to Longford, and Pats hopefully only drawing away at drogs (its 2-2 in injury time).

Our form is atrocious at the moment but a win over Derry *should* see us through.

Edited to confirm pats draw. We now stand 5 points clear with us having 3 games to play. A win over Derry will mean Pats will have to win all their remaining game and us lose our last two for us to miss out.

I think.

UCD_4_Life
11/11/2003, 8:58 PM
Hopefull ye'll hammer Derry. :)

tiktok
11/11/2003, 10:00 PM
we're five points ahead of Pat's but they have two games in hand, so if they win all their remaining games it doesn't matter what we do.

neither Pat's, rovers nor ourselves look that good at the moment, it's down to which of us loses the least points (as opposed to wins the most).:confused: :rolleyes:

Russell
11/11/2003, 10:56 PM
Snigger!

Don't forget to get on the Guiney's phone in waterford tomorrow, I believe Dan Connor tee-shirts are a steal!

hoofball
12/11/2003, 7:10 AM
Originally posted by razor

I mean for gods sake Murray in centre midfield again.

There was stuff wrong last night with Citys tactics, but as FYI Murray (K) wasn't playing - and not even on the bench. He was behind the goal watching the game with the other City players not in the team.

Does anyone know if Casey is injured? We needed him last night. Greg had to go into left back in the 2nd half and proved the point that you shouldn't put a right-footed midfielder playing at left back...

Hitman
12/11/2003, 8:28 AM
Originally posted by hoofball
Greg had to go into left back in the 2nd half and proved the point that you shouldn't put a right-footed midfielder playing at left back...

Particularly when he could move Hoggie from right-back. The phrase tactical retard springs to mind.

hoofball
12/11/2003, 8:56 AM
Spot on. Couldn't fathom why he didn't swap the two of them. Even a blind man should have done that swap especially after about the third time a clearance skewed off Gregs left peg. Not that it was Gregs fault or that would have probably made any difference overall but it does point out some tactical decision making ineptness.....

paudie
12/11/2003, 9:08 AM
We can only hope that playing five games in a short space of time will make it hard for Pats to catch up. Although the way we're playing at the moment they might only need to win two games to finish ahead of us.

Of the games we had left, last nights should have been the easiest as Waterford had nothing to play for. Derry, shels and Drogheda (probably) will all be fighting tooth and nail for points.

We were lucky to get a point on Friday and seem to have got what we deserved last night.

We are throwing a place in europe away. This is the first big test of dolans reign and its not looking good so far.

Two of our last three games are at home against teams in the bottom three so we should be confident but I can see us losing both the way we're playing.

We await the outcome with interest, Mr dolan.

patsh
12/11/2003, 9:13 AM
Can someone post the correct team?

Russell, you might drop in to Guineys yourself and pick up a
"Dan Connor, keeper of the team with the worst defensive record in the league
AGAINST: 56" t-shirt.....:rolleyes:

Russell
12/11/2003, 9:18 AM
Actually, you got me there, doesn't say an awful lot about Cork though!

hoofball
12/11/2003, 9:20 AM
Originally posted by patsh
Can someone post the correct team?

Started:
Devine
Hoggy Coughlan D Murray Woods
Doyle Greg Colin T Kearney
O'Callaghan Behan

Nuwanko, O'Grady and Colin P came on at various stages but can't remember for who specifically (Hoggy, Kearney and Behan went off)

patsh
12/11/2003, 9:26 AM
Originally posted by Russell
Actually, you got me there, doesn't say an awful lot about Cork though!
Well City have the second best defensive record in the league, 31 against, $hels have 25 against. Ye have scored one more goal than us, and we have 6 more points than ye. In the league, ye have a great record against us this year, but I'd go easy on the crowing as these things will come around again. We've had a great run against Longford this year, in other years they have had the upper hand over us. If there really are City fans being abusive on your message board, ban them, but it's not reall clever doing the very thing you are complaining about.

fonzi
12/11/2003, 12:11 PM
what a disgrace.
i hope the lot of em are ashamed of themselves, loosing to that bunch again.
i hope Dolan isnt comming out with ''im proud of my boys ' claptrap, cause theres f all to be proud about at the moment.

that result is shamefull and it embareses me.
fukin ejits