PDA

View Full Version : Parking near the o2?

eamo1
29/12/2008, 4:49 PM
Lads,im going to a concert at the o2 in January and was told that the car park for it isnt finished yet and theres not much parking around there.I know the parking spots for Croke Park and Lansdown Road but not for down around there.I could park in a multi story in the city centre and get a taxi there,or walk if its dry.But the car parks might be closed by the time the concert is over.Do any of ye know if theres on street parking around there or of any 24hr car parks near there?Any help appreciated.

rambler14
29/12/2008, 5:42 PM
There's a car park charging €15 for parking during concerts, which is about a 2 minute walk away. Needless to say there was a grand total of 3 cars in that at the Coldplay concert last Monday!
There's parking on the street you just have to be a bit early and paitient!

eamo1
29/12/2008, 6:19 PM
Thanks for that,i figured would have to be early and then patient getting out.We are going to see Keane on the 25th.I heard they have stopped LUAS line construction work down there for the last few weeks and so it wont be finished by the end of 09 as planned.

elroy
30/12/2008, 12:19 PM
It may not suit you but i went to coldplay recently and I would advise getting the shuttle bus service, works very well. Goes from stephens green and one or two other spots (check ticketmaster), only a fiver return. Was very quick and efficient.

prince20
30/12/2008, 12:23 PM
Shuttle bus Also goes from connolly train station car park and this is probably the best place to park as its only a short walk to the 02 from here and the car park is open 24 hours

dublinred
30/12/2008, 12:58 PM
Oriel street or Sherrif street beside connolly carpark are good places to park , free and 24hr gardai presence.