PDA

View Full Version : Henderson set for Blues

mediahack
23/12/2008, 8:57 AM
Word in Waterford is that Stephen Henderson is to be unveiled as Waterford United boss this evening!

Could be an interesting appointment!

Black and White
23/12/2008, 9:01 AM
You know what that means...half of the cobh team will be palying with ye nest season...always the same down there!!lol

mediahack
23/12/2008, 9:05 AM
Should have put interesting in inverted commas!!!!!!!

Sam_Heggy
23/12/2008, 9:17 AM
Excellant manager and if he manages to bring O'Halloran and Guthrie with him they would be 2 very handy signings.

I'd expect Waterford to be challenging at the top of the First div next season.

HammerNThongs
23/12/2008, 10:20 AM
You know what that means...half of the cobh team will be palying with ye nest season...always the same down there!!lol

Like it's any different in Dublin

Iorfa2MaccaJim
23/12/2008, 1:54 PM
Thanks SamHeggy.

Yeah, I have to say, I am very pleased.

Dunny
23/12/2008, 2:44 PM

You mean like half of the Sligo\Bohs teams that will be playing for us?...:rolleyes:

rambler14
23/12/2008, 8:08 PM
Signed a one year deal tonight and will be assisted by waterford native Ray Moran!

Dunny
23/12/2008, 8:55 PM
Rte:

Waterford United have confirmed that Stephen Henderson will take over as Senior Team Manager for the coming season.
The former Cobh Rambler's manager has agreed to a one year deal and takes up his duties immediately. He will be joined by Ray Moran as assistant manager.
'I'm delighted to join Waterford United and I am looking forward to the huge challenge that is facing everybody at the club.

'Waterford United has a proud history and floating around the First Division is not where they should be!' commented Stephen Henderson.
'The work will begin immediately in securing players and I am confident that we can assemble a decent squad that can challenge for the title.'
Assistant Manager, Ray Moran is a vastly experienced coach hailing from St Johns' Park in Waterford City.
Raised in the shadow of Kilcohan Park, Ray has been involved in coaching for the last twelve years, most recently with Villa FC. He has previously been involved with Waterford United as well as Kilkenny City.
'This is a great appointment for Waterford United,' commented Sam White, a member of the Waterford United Board.
'Stephen Henderson has a proven pedigree and his enthusiasm for the Blues is infectious. We are all looking forward to his tenure and a successful league season.'

bellavistaman
24/12/2008, 3:10 AM
his enthusiasm for the Blues is infectious.'

Gawk:p

Hope he does well and comes 2nd. The mans a legend!!