PDA

View Full Version : Another BBC online Poll to Hijack

pete
10/11/2003, 4:49 PM
BBC 5 Live Sports Century Moments (http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/sportingcentury/)

No Ray Houghton but Ireland WC 1990 1/4 Finals...

Shed End John
11/11/2003, 8:51 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
"Republic of Ireland reaching World Cup Quarters" is there, under "r".

Never forget it, will we? Still remember the blasting sunshine that day; myself, my Dad and my brother watching the match, and the three of us going absolutely MENTAL when O'Leary put the spotter away. Magic!!!
Haven't enough time to browse the lot, anyone know if Munster v Leicester from Welford Road last season is there?? As they say, revenge IS sweet!!

pete
11/11/2003, 9:02 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
"Republic of Ireland reaching World Cup Quarters" is there, under "r".

if only i added an "is" to my sentence above then would have mentioned that already ;)

Had quick scan through & think Barry McGuigan & Red Rum are only irish moments i can remember...

Shed End John
11/11/2003, 9:34 AM
Originally posted by pete
Had quick scan through & think Barry McGuigan & Red Rum are only irish moments i can remember...

Pity. Beating Offaly in the 1999 Hurling All-Ireland semi-final, and then stuffing red hot favourites Kilkenny would come in the Top 10 Irish moments, at least for Cork people!!:)

Ruairi
11/11/2003, 10:14 AM
Or else munster beating an average team 33-6, and then hearing about it since what seems like forever?

James
11/11/2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by pete

dennis taylor winning the 85 world championship in the final black ball final v davis also there

plus N ire beating spain in WC also got my vote

the rest was filler

Schumi
11/11/2003, 12:21 PM
Pfff, Schumacher's 6th title got my #1, although the third in 2000 would have been ahead of it in my book.