PDA

View Full Version : Alan Gough gets Town job

Martinho II
22/12/2008, 8:52 PM
www.ltfc.ie

alan gough got town job tonight. what do you think of the appointment?

superfrank
22/12/2008, 9:28 PM
Meh. Don't know what he's like as a coach. He wasn't a coach at Bray. He was a bit of a motivator but that's about it.

We'll just have to see how he does. I haven't a clue what kind of manager he'll be.

Roo69
23/12/2008, 9:17 AM
www.ltfc.ie

alan gough got town job tonight. what do you think of the appointment?

As i said on another thread you couldn't have got a more professional to do the job. He's one of the nicest bloke's i've ever meet through football and is a complete pro. He knows he's football inside out and has coached before as well as being assistant manager at Galway United. I think you have got a great manager in the making and i for one really hope he does a great job.
Best of luck to him.

naoise kennedy
23/12/2008, 12:17 PM
best of luck to goughie,, my concern now is who is our number one for next year ,, skippy gone and now goughie..

Bray Head
23/12/2008, 1:26 PM
Maybe Skippy will get a reprieve and be offered a new contract.

naoise kennedy
23/12/2008, 1:35 PM
Maybe Skippy will get a reprieve and be offered a new contract.
.thats what i was thinking,, just looking at bray web site at this years kids xmas party,, that looks like skippy standing beside paddy in the group photo.. if skippy's contract was not renewed why is he at the kids party..??????????

Seagull
23/12/2008, 2:00 PM
.thats what i was thinking,, just looking at bray web site at this years kids xmas party,, that looks like skippy standing beside paddy in the group photo.. if skippy's contract was not renewed why is he at the kids party..??????????

Jason Byrne was showing up at those parties years after he left so I wouldn't read too much into that...:)

The Fox
23/12/2008, 4:14 PM
I think Alan Gough is a great appointment by Longford. I assume he will do a player manager job because he was excellent for us last year when he got a couple of games under his belt again. I am very sorry to see him go but Skippy should now be offered a new contract as he had started last season very well - international duty for Skippy was the reason that Alan Gough was signed in the first place. Best of Luck Alan!!!!

Martinho II
23/12/2008, 6:40 PM
im very surprised by the appointment but one of the committee knows of him which seems to make it easier.. forgot he was no 2 to cousins.. talk in longford of him bein player manager which will be good as he offers great experience to the team of mostly youngsters.