PDA

View Full Version : 42

6yardpunisha
22/12/2008, 7:32 PM
quick question, how in gods name did 42 members of the club vote against financial controls and structures as put forward by Dan Wyatt, unreal imo,1/3 of all votes last night.

marty
22/12/2008, 9:17 PM
Local radio and local news papers,there was damage done in relation to the current board and Id say people are convinced or are been convinced that no good can come out of the place as long as the board are their...Does anyone have any insight into whats next for the club??

bellavistaman
22/12/2008, 9:17 PM
Crazy stuff altogether.

And personally i could not answer your question marty i do not know what were doing as a club at the moment, only were not going ahead with the proposal, i can only assume the friends of cobh ramblers will start their fundraising inititives A.S.A.P.

pcplod
22/12/2008, 9:43 PM
The people who voted against these controls IMO must not want the club to move forward and have transparency cant think of any other reason why they would have voted no

offside rule
22/12/2008, 9:55 PM
IMO they did not fully understand the vote regarding the financial structures!!!.

I think maybe they thought because they voted 'No' to the proposal for the FAI loan they had to vote 'no' to this aswell . . . just my opinion! :confused:

pcplod
22/12/2008, 10:08 PM
You may be right maybe they didint understand but to me personally I thought it was made very clear that they were two completly seperate issuses and no matter what anybody thought of the proposal the structures are most definatly a must for our club.

jamesd
22/12/2008, 10:34 PM
Just on the second proposal, I agree that the financial structures are a must so that there is strict controls over spending etc. I do believe that there may have been a bit of confusion and I also believe that there was no necessity to vote on it in the first instance. Such financial proposals from Dan Wyatt could easily have been adopted by the committee without a need for votes.

On the first proposal, no matter how people view this, it is a democratic decision and we have to move on. Not a time now for pointing fingers or blaming others. There has been enough of that to last a life time.

In saying all of that, I do believe that everyone including the Chairman and Committee need to take a step back and digest this outcome and possibly, in the best interests of the Club even take a look at their positions. I am not calling for heads to roll, just everyone give serious thought as to how to move ahead.

don ramo
23/12/2008, 9:44 AM
Just on the second proposal, I agree that the financial structures are a must so that there is strict controls over spending etc. I do believe that there may have been a bit of confusion and I also believe that there was no necessity to vote on it in the first instance. Such financial proposals from Dan Wyatt could easily have been adopted by the committee without a need for votes.

controls had to be voted on so that they can be put into the constitution, if there in there there rules and laws of the club, therefore it has to be done, or its illegal, plus that vote was never objected to so i still dont understand why we voted on it again

well if the FOCkeRs have the clubs best interest at heart they will now approach the board, and ask there permission to start fundraising to save the club, if there true friends they will help the club in its time of need, im sure the board will be brainstorming also, they dont want the club to dissapear either, im sure theyd be more than happy to have extra help

theres an election next year, if they do enough to save the club (even if not) there more than welcome to nominate someone for chairman next year, just like our constituion allows, and if theyve done enough theres no reason there candidate wont be elected chairman

6yardpunisha
23/12/2008, 10:13 AM
IMO they did not fully understand the vote regarding the financial structures!!!.

I think maybe they thought because they voted 'No' to the proposal for the FAI loan they had to vote 'no' to this aswell . . . just my opinion! :confused:

after nearly an hour long presentation by Dan explaining why they were needed for the club your telling me they didnt understand,would you go away and get a grip

jamesd
23/12/2008, 10:15 AM
well if the FOCkeRs have the clubs best interest at heart they will now approach the board, and ask there permission to start fundraising to save the club, if there true friends they will help the club in its time of need, im sure the board will be brainstorming also, they dont want the club to dissapear either, im sure theyd be more than happy to have extra help

theres an election next year, if they do enough to save the club (even if not) there more than welcome to nominate someone for chairman next year, just like our constituion allows, and if theyve done enough theres no reason there candidate wont be elected chairman

Just a quick observation Don. I personally believe it is high time we stopped this them and us. I really believe we are all Friends of Cobh Ramblers. If not, then there would have been no-one at the meeting and no-one would care.

But the thing is, we all care, all of us regardless of our opinions on how things should be done, and for that reason, I don't believe that anyone needs persmission to do any sort of fundraising. What we do need is confidence in the Committee and it was clear to see that they were all shocked by the defeat of the FAI proposal and clearly have no fall back position.

If a team of people have a strategy to pull the club together and of course time is of the essence, then they should be given the green light to do so.

don ramo
23/12/2008, 10:26 AM
Just a quick observation Don. I personally believe it is high time we stopped this them and us. I really believe we are all Friends of Cobh Ramblers. If not, then there would have been no-one at the meeting and no-one would care.

But the thing is, we all care, all of us regardless of our opinions on how things should be done, and for that reason, I don't believe that anyone needs persmission to do any sort of fundraising. What we do need is confidence in the Committee and it was clear to see that they were all shocked by the defeat of the FAI proposal and clearly have no fall back position.

If a team of people have a strategy to pull the club together and of course time is of the essence, then they should be given the green light to do so.

well james i didnt start this them and us situation, but here we are,

yes you do need permission, as if its for the club, financial controls will have be implemented so that all the money gets to where it needs to go, we are fundraiseing for cobh ramblers, that needs to be made offical by the board, i dont see the big deal,

people are making out that the board want the club to fold, which is ridiculous nonsense, members of the club have a plan to save the club, its there responsibility to go to the board with the plan, and get it implemnted A.S.A.P.

i shouldnt really have to say that here its commonsense,

i would hope there is some fundraising of some sorts planned within the next two weeks

offside rule
24/12/2008, 3:26 PM
after nearly an hour long presentation by Dan explaining why they were needed for the club your telling me they didnt understand,would you go away and get a grip

Listen lad, wat part of 'IMO', 'maybe' or 'just my opinion' do you not fully understand!

I never said this was the reason, was only offering a brief reply to the question - ''how in gods name did 42 members of the club vote against financial controls and structures as put forward by Dan Wyatt, unreal imo,1/3 of all votes last night.''

6yardpunisha
24/12/2008, 3:59 PM
Listen lad, wat part of 'IMO', 'maybe' or 'just my opinion' do you not fully understand!

I never said this was the reason, was only offering a brief reply to the question - ''how in gods name did 42 members of the club vote against financial controls and structures as put forward by Dan Wyatt, unreal imo,1/3 of all votes last night.''

opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, LAD/LADETTE

offside rule
24/12/2008, 10:12 PM
opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, LAD/LADETTE

Well if thats what your opinion about opinions are . . . fair enough!

you seem to talk alot about your opinions thro what you compare opinions to . . . (your) a**hole

Finally, its LAD!!!

Good nite, hope Santa comes to you

Dunny
25/12/2008, 6:38 AM

you seem to talk alot about your opinions thro what you compare opinions to . . . (your) a**hole

Finally, its LAD!!!

Thro? WTF is wrong with adding ugh? Talk about making a tit of yourself..:rolleyes:

6yardpunisha
25/12/2008, 6:51 AM

Finally, its LAD!!!

and you didnt turn up again the other night,very opinionated on the forums but no good at meetings,

offside rule
25/12/2008, 11:35 AM
and you didnt turn up again the other night,very opinionated on the forums but no good at meetings,

Correct, well observed . . . did you miss me!

(not that I need to answewr to you or anyone)
By 8.30pm that nite I wasnt in any state to attend any egm. Liverpool vs Arsenal got frist priority(and always will!).
Been out since 3pm for the game and as you'd well agree - its not a place for anybone to be, with alcohol consumed.
(event on the nite at the meeting proved this)

6yardpunisha
26/12/2008, 12:48 PM
Correct, well observed . . . did you miss me!

(not that I need to answewr to you or anyone)
By 8.30pm that nite I wasnt in any state to attend any egm. Liverpool vs Arsenal got frist priority(and always will!).
Been out since 3pm for the game and as you'd well agree - its not a place for anybone to be, with alcohol consumed.
(event on the nite at the meeting proved this)

so what your saying is that for the most important vote in the clubs history you decided a match on the tv was more important and no you werent missed at all

offside rule
26/12/2008, 7:25 PM
so what your saying is that for the most important vote in the clubs history you decided a match on the tv was more important and no you werent missed at all

... On simpler terms (just for the people reading(yourself) - eh, ... yeah!.
Its de club whose colours I wear on my chest daily, the club who I spend hundreds a year on going to games . . .
and the club I live and breath for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you a problem with that?

offside rule
26/12/2008, 7:30 PM

xxx I noticed you missed me!!! xxx
:p

offside rule
26/12/2008, 7:44 PM

... again on simpler terms for yourself - ''it was'nt a place for anybody to be, with alcohol consumed. '' - (event on the nite at the meeting proved this)
. . .
wat exactly dont a You understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

6yardpunisha
26/12/2008, 8:15 PM
... again on simpler terms for yourself - ''it was'nt a place for anybody to be, with alcohol consumed. '' - (event on the nite at the meeting proved this)
. . .
wat exactly dont a You understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

3 posts in a row without anyone replying, your as bad as R14 with Mucky,
STALKER.

Ram72
26/12/2008, 9:15 PM
Maybe some of the 42 that voted against the financial controls are looking to get on the committee at a future date. Maybe without the financial controls they won't have to be accountable and the corruption that has plagued this club for god only knows how many years can continue.
Just my view on it. :p

6yardpunisha
27/12/2008, 10:15 AM
Maybe some of the 42 that voted against the financial controls are looking to get on the committee at a future date. Maybe without the financial controls they won't have to be accountable and the corruption that has plagued this club for god only knows how many years can continue.
Just my view on it. :p

fair point, find it hard to believe that 42 people didnt understand what was being voted on according to offside rule(sorry, his opinion)

rambler14
27/12/2008, 10:57 AM
3 posts in a row without anyone replying, your as bad as R14 with Mucky,
STALKER.

Would you ever stop using me to prove your points! You did it in the "Dear Santa" thread too!

6yardpunisha
27/12/2008, 11:44 AM
would you ever stop using me to prove your points! You did it in the "dear santa" thread too!

Not a hope