PDA

View Full Version : Cook appeals to fans

akearins
22/12/2008, 3:50 PM
Todays champion carries an article which Cooke asks fans to back the club during the off season to help with the signing of new players for next year.

Next season could be a milestone one for Rovers but not if we do not invest in Paul Cooke.We as fans can constantly complain about the club management committee but to be fair they are bringing in significant funds to assist Cookie but they cannot give him what they do not have.

I have harped on about the trusts €2 week standing order on this forum, in local papers and on the trust site.A very simple and cheap way of playing your part in assisting Cookie for next season and to date only 18 fans have signed up.YES 18.Which is a s***e return.

Heard a lot of "Yeah meaning to sign up to that" but still no sign.Every week passes its lost revenue.It seems fans want you to call to them personally to sign up.This fundraiser is not FOR the Trust but the Trust WILL simply facilitate it.

So bitch and moan, as we all do ,about revenues and why don't we do this or do that and ye should be doing this or getting that, thats all fair and well but this all takes time and manpower which can be in short supply.

We have tried to make this venture as easy as possible making the standing order form available on line,(will be printed in local papers in new year) setting up pay pal account so anyone can pay on line and still **** all of a response.You can simply pick up the phone and ring your bank with account details found on site and set up standing order.

Cookie has players in mind he wants for next season but without the finances nothing he can do.This could be the fundraiser to push us over the line and really challenge for next seasons trophies

Finances dictate the league positions.
So whats it to be trophy contenders or also rans, for €2 a week I know what I'd choose.

Rovers Maniac
22/12/2008, 4:17 PM
Just signed up there online for it, best of luck with it.

Inside Man
22/12/2008, 9:18 PM
Have been meaning to do it. Will be signed up this week and will try and get the father mother and wife all in on it. Every bit counts.
Hope everybody supports it on here. No excuses.

red arrow
22/12/2008, 9:39 PM
alan is right, it's a disgrace that only 18 have signed up so far. this is a very good idea and a great way to back the club. we need everybody who posts on this board to get as many people to join up. get the word out, with a big push this could be a real winner. also get the message out about the value regarding season tickets. it we don't act now it will be to late come january .

Redie
23/12/2008, 10:17 AM
Completely forgot Alan and going to do it this minute. Just wondering would it be worth doing some sort of email campaign to remind dopey people like me to sign up ASAP.

By the way I know its being finicky but it's Cook, not Cooke

celticV3
23/12/2008, 10:41 PM
Will sign up for this before the new year hopefully. Will try and convince a few others aswell it is only €2 a week.

Are their any plans to have a stall say inside Quayside or Johnstons court to try and get people to sign up?

red metal
24/12/2008, 3:59 AM
Are their any plans to have a stall say inside Quayside or Johnstons court to try and get people to sign up?[/QUOTE]

Very good and maybe another one were they do the lotto in tesco

redobit
24/12/2008, 1:59 PM
If everyone on here printed off 20 copies of the form from the trust website. Keep them on ya and them just give them to people you know is interested.
That would go a long way.

brianw82
24/12/2008, 3:13 PM
Todays champion carries an article which Cooke asks fans to back the club during the off season to help with the signing of new players for next year.

Next season could be a milestone one for Rovers but not if we do not invest in Paul Cooke.We as fans can constantly complain about the club management committee but to be fair they are bringing in significant funds to assist Cookie but they cannot give him what they do not have.

I have harped on about the trusts €2 week standing order on this forum, in local papers and on the trust site.A very simple and cheap way of playing your part in assisting Cookie for next season and to date only 18 fans have signed up.YES 18.Which is a s***e return.

Heard a lot of "Yeah meaning to sign up to that" but still no sign.Every week passes its lost revenue.It seems fans want you to call to them personally to sign up.This fundraiser is not FOR the Trust but the Trust WILL simply facilitate it.

So bitch and moan, as we all do ,about revenues and why don't we do this or do that and ye should be doing this or getting that, thats all fair and well but this all takes time and manpower which can be in short supply.

We have tried to make this venture as easy as possible making the standing order form available on line,(will be printed in local papers in new year) setting up pay pal account so anyone can pay on line and still **** all of a response.You can simply pick up the phone and ring your bank with account details found on site and set up standing order.

Cookie has players in mind he wants for next season but without the finances nothing he can do.This could be the fundraiser to push us over the line and really challenge for next seasons trophies

Finances dictate the league positions.
So whats it to be trophy contenders or also rans, for €2 a week I know what I'd choose.

The thing is, an awful lot of Rovers supporters probably don't even know how to turn on a computer. Sligo is not exactly competing with Japan for technilogical prowess. Having the form online is great for the likes of us, but there's only 30 or so people posting here regularly. The majority of those people HAVE signed up, including me.

I'd wait to see the reaction to the form being printed in the Weekender/Champion/Post before truly gauging the reaction to the scheme.

akearins
25/12/2008, 4:46 PM
will be getting posters done up in new year for locations about town, if lads can print a poster and leave it in a local shop, petrol stayiona that would be great as we cannot cover the entire county.

We will also look in into getting a spot in town to allow supporetrs sign up.

What really is needed is supporters in work places, clubs or local community to take it upon themselves to persuade as many friends and family to sign up.Coming from someone you know is always easier than being approached by s atranger.

Happy Xmas

Shelsman
05/01/2009, 1:06 PM
Have been meaning to do it. Will be signed up this week and will try and get the father mother and wife all in on it. Every bit counts.

Shall we change your nickname from The Bit O' Red to The Bit O' Cash?

:)

Seriously though, they should aim for a fiver a week and name all the contributers for the year every week in the match programme. Perhaps limit it to one page on the programme as kind of a 'Limited Availability' / special supporters club. E.g. Gold members ? :D

SligoBrewer
05/01/2009, 4:37 PM
Shall we change your nickname from The Bit O' Red to The Bit O' Cash?

:)

Seriously though, they should aim for a fiver a week and name all the contributers for the year every week in the match programme. Perhaps limit it to one page on the programme as kind of a 'Limited Availability' / special supporters club. E.g. Gold members ? :D

They already have a fiver a week (well €20 a month) in the 400 club.
I'll be dropping in my form when i'm making my next lodgement

sligoman
05/01/2009, 4:53 PM
Trying to set up a standing order with my bank online. Alan, what are the bank details(Name, sort code & a/c no.) for the account? Can't find them on Trust site.

neutrino
05/01/2009, 7:08 PM
Trying to set up a standing order with my bank online. Alan, what are the bank details(Name, sort code & a/c no.) for the account? Can't find them on Trust site.

it's on the trust website here (form at bottom - has bank stuff)

http://www.thebitored.com/?p=459

hope that helps

LondonRover
06/01/2009, 7:46 AM
Any news on whetehr or not that number's increased by much now that Xmas and New Year are out of the way?

akearins
13/01/2009, 11:23 AM
Lads at present we have 13 submitting through PayPal and 18 through standing order .So 31 in total.Not too good.

A lot still saying "must sign up" but every week passed is a week lost.

Next stage is to get posters distributed to outlets in town displaying the account details needed to set up a standing order.
If anyone wants me to mail them a poster to print and out up in local outlet mail me at alan@thebitored.com.

In the meantime looking to carry out some network marketing.
What we need is for every 1 person who has or will set up a standing order for €2 per week to make up a list of 5 (or more) people they could ask to sign up also,immediate family, friends, relations, neighbours etc.
Print off the necessary Standing order form for them and then simply have them or you drop it into the bank or mail it to the bank for them.
We will need a push on this as generally what happens with this sort of thing is forms are filled out but people do not get the time to drop it off to the bank and they are left.

Also if you could text the details to friends and get them to pass them on:
Account Name: The Bit O'Red Supporters Trust Society Ltd. A/C (Held at BANK OF SCOTLAND IRELAND Ltd.)
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 15922446
SORT CODE: 99 -04 -50

So please try and draw up a list of people you know who will donate and if they require anything from the trust just mail me.

the season is fast approaching and if we can succeed with this we will really have a chance this year, so everyone try their best.

Cheers