PDA

View Full Version : How to get L'pool tickets?

shinystar
10/11/2003, 3:35 PM
Hi all,

I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. My dad wants to take my brother to Liverpool v Birmingham on Nov 30 as a surprise as they will be in the area anyway and the brother is a big fan.

However, they already have flights, hotels booked and just need the tickets. Can't get them from the club itself or Ticketmaster as sold out and supporters' clubs no good as neither of them are members.

I have found a few English websites selling tickets (at over the odds prices) but I have no idea if they are kosher or not. He doesn't mind paying an inflated price but he doesn't want to get dodgy tickets.

Does anyone know of reliable sites selling tickets? Or any other way of getting them apart from touts on the day?

Would really appreciate any help anyone can give.
Cheers,
Shinystar

Gary
10/11/2003, 4:03 PM
Id say your best bet would be through Birmingham Citys ticketline.

Alternatively, ring the club. Im sure all details are on Lpools website.

Also, a good unofficial site may be of use. www.lfconline.com or may co.uk cant remember.

My dad wants to take my brother to Liverpool v Birmingham on Nov 30 as a surprise as they will be in the area anyway and the brother is a big fan.

Though i have to ask, what did your poor brother do to deserve a trip to Liverpool. Even though id call myself a fan (in the loosest sense of the word), id never put anyone through that torture! Boooring.

:p

Good luck.

shinystar
10/11/2003, 4:17 PM
Thanks for that, Gary. Will pass on the info.

I think he is subjecting him to it because he is also dragging him to the Bolton match the day before and wants to make up for it!

gspain
10/11/2003, 4:30 PM
You could stay at home and watch the final weekend of Eircom League action.

Tickets will be very difficult to obtain but some guys here will help out no doubt. :)

If you do insist on going try the local supporters clubs in the Herald on a wednesday- I'd strongly advise against using Euroteam or any of the other agencies - see reports on the game in Basle. Better to arrive early and pay through the nose to the touts with tickets rather than the touts without - also head a horror story re a guy bringing his son over to Manyoo v Wolves and the agency not showing up at appointed meeting place.

Macy
10/11/2003, 4:49 PM
Doubt you'd have any problem getting tickets for the scouse untsc anyway..... They barely sell out as it is, and now their seasons already over league wise, just check their official site.....

Champions League - you're havin a laugh....

liamon
11/11/2003, 8:46 AM
Originally posted by gspain
You could stay at home and watch the final weekend of Eircom League action.
.... Better to arrive early and pay through the nose to the touts with tickets

Can't beleve anyone would be willing ot miss the nailbiting final games of the domestic season.

But if you insist on going, beware of touts. I was in Manchester a few weeks back and bought a ticket off a tout for the MUFC v Arsenal game. Got thrown out of the ground as my ticket had been stolen and ended up being questioned by cops. I thought it was quite fun really, but a couple of others in teh same situation were reduced to tears.

Met a season ticket holder outside the ground 2 mins before kickoff and he had a spare, so I got back in, but I was lucky.

Shed End John
11/11/2003, 8:59 AM
Originally posted by Macy
Doubt you'd have any problem getting tickets for the scouse untsc anyway..... They barely sell out as it is, and now their seasons already over league wise, just check their official site.....

Champions League - you're havin a laugh....

Barely sell out?? So that's why there's a waiting list of up to 2 months for LFC Premiership tickets. Great insight, Macy.:rolleyes:

Macy
11/11/2003, 10:59 AM
Have a look at the upcoming UEFA game? I suppose all those loveable scouse rogues are in fancy dress as plastic seats? I mean FFS, they've even knocked a tenner off the tickets to try and sell them......

Dodge
11/11/2003, 11:31 AM
A couple of mates of mine went to Anfield a couple of weeks ago. They walked up to the ticket office on Satruday morning and got tickets no problem.

Can't see Birmingham being a huge draw

shinystar
11/11/2003, 6:26 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for all the tips. I think they are just going to go along on the day and hope for the best - ticket office or touts.

Much appreciated!
Cheers :)