PDA

View Full Version : Decision time looms for Gormley

Roo69
10/11/2003, 1:53 PM
Bray Wanderers veteran Eddie Gormley faces a momentous decision at the end of the season that could be made all the harder if the Seagulls fail to make an immediate return to the top flight.

"I’d probably retired last year but I didn’t want to leave the club in the lurch when we got relegated", he told the Wicklow People. "Even with the number of players that left, I thought we had a good enough squad to go straight back up. It would be nice to finish on a high with a winner’s medal".

This season was the 35-year-old’s first outside the top division of the Eircom League and though he has put in some storming displays for the Green and Whites he admits it’s taking him longer to recover after each match.

The long playing midfielder could well draw down the curtain on his career at the club where he began as a teenager in 1987. In between he’s been on the books at Spurs, Doncaster Rovers, Drogheda United and St. Patrick’s Athletic.

Gormley took over the captain’s armband at the Carlisle Grounds during Jody Lynch’s recent absence as Bray maintained their push for promotion and was outstanding in their 3-0 win at Kildare County.

Some of spuer Ed's preformances this year have been absolutey outstanding, getting on now but will be sadley missed if he hangs his boots up ! i reckon if we go up he'll give it one last season in the premier

Dodge
11/11/2003, 10:02 AM
The greatest player I've ever seen in this league.

Roo69
11/11/2003, 11:30 AM
Sheer Class