PDA

View Full Version : Title no longer in Harps Hands

Breifne
09/11/2003, 7:11 PM
Finn Harps defeat to Limerick the other night, now means that they must rely on other results if they are to finish the season as champions.

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION

P W D L F A Pts
1 Bray Wndrs 30 17 9 4 53 30 60
2 Dublin City 30 17 9 4 40 24 60
3 Finn Harps 30 16 10 4 51 23 58
4 Limerick 30 14 8 8 48 37 50

THE RUN IN

Finn Harps:
Nov 17 Dublin City A
Nov 21 Kilkenny City H
Nov 30 Cobh Ramblers A

Bray Wanderers:
Nov 15 Sligo Rovers A
Nov 21 Cobh Ramblers H
Nov 30 Dublin City A

Dublin City:
Nov 15 Finn Harps H
Nov 21 Athlone Town A
Nov 30 Bray Wanderers H

Its proving to be a very entertaining season, and looks like it could go down to the wire. Harps will need a result from Whitehall on Thursday, and I for one will be hoping that they don't manage that. This would leave a two horse race for the title that, major surprises aside would have to be settled on the final day of the season.

On the other hand, Harps are more than capable of taking all three points from Whitehall (Having already won 3-0 there earlier in the season) and will fancy their chances of putting themselves back into contention.

Bray face the daunting task of a trip to Sligo this week. And will need three points to shorten their odds of promotion.

TheRealRovers
10/11/2003, 6:07 PM
Originally posted by Breifne
Bray face the daunting task of a trip to Sligo this week. And will need three points to shorten their odds of promotion.
We're gonna let Bray win this one, just to keep Harps And Dublin down:D

Breifne
10/11/2003, 6:54 PM
We're gonna let Bray win this one, just to keep Harps And Dublin down

As a native of Leitrim and having been to school in Sligo, back in the mid 90's and having been a supporter of the bit of red when they last lifted the FAI Cup in 1994, during the days of Willie McStay & Co. I have to say that I'm a bit disgusted at that remark, I think everyone in Sligo will be looking for three points this weekend, and will not accept anything less,

Even though promotion and the playoffs are out at the moment. Sligo have never taken a beating lying down, and I'm confident that they would delighted to damage anyone else's promotion bid. (In the most sporting of ways of course).

TheRealRovers
10/11/2003, 7:17 PM
Relax; if you looked at my message at the end you would see a smile. I was only messing with you.

But seriously I think it will end up 1-1 with us and Bray we need to take as much points from our last few games to keep the spirit up for next season.

You say we never take a beating lying down . If you were in St Mels last week you would say different

Why did you stop supporting the Rovers if your a native of Leitrim you should support the west. (We do have a Dublin SC)

Breifne
11/11/2003, 1:49 AM
Why did you stop supporting the Rovers if your a native of Leitrim you should support the west. (We do have a Dublin SC)

Im proud to be from the west of Ireland, and I keep an eye on both Sligo and Longfords results every game. (I'm from Carrick on Shannon, so just a short hop down the road to Flancare Park).

I've been in DCU for the last four and a half years. so when the chance came to see Sligo two years ago I went down to Whitehall, Dublin City won 2-1, and as it was just round the corner, and I enjoyed the game enough to go back, and over the course of the last two years, I've been a fan.

I have some split loyalties, and being an observer of the debacle a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't proud to be associated with either of the clubs, but I feel that this could be the Vikings year, and while its too late for the Bit o' Red, I would be delighted to see them join us in the Premier division next year. (Here's hoping we do manage to go up this year, and stay there).

sadloserkid
11/11/2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Breifne
As a native of Leitrim and having been to school in Sligo, back in the mid 90's and having been a supporter of the bit of red when they last lifted the FAI Cup in 1994, during the days of Willie McStay & Co. I have to say that I'm a bit disgusted at that remark,

Actually I think that your own remarks are far less attractive than TheRealRovers. Sligo might not be Limerick (:D ) but my mind boggles that you can switch allegiances like that. If you supported a team like St.Francis who'd left the league I'd say one thing but to abandon Sligo Rovers for Dublin City (Dublin City!!!:confused:) is beyond my understanding.

How can anybody change their club?

TheRealRovers
11/11/2003, 6:48 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
How can anybody change their club?
Rovers Till I Die