PDA

View Full Version : Kanya West - 808s & Heartbreak

jebus
19/12/2008, 12:55 PM
Anyone get a copy of this album?

Astonishingly good album from a guy I had dismissed as a singles artist. Also quite odd to hear a guy who has shown such a huge ego in the past to put out an album of the hurt that a girl leaving him has caused, but genuinely he has put down some great lyrics on this album. Usual good beats too :)

Jofspring
19/12/2008, 1:11 PM
Anyone get a copy of this album?

Astonishingly good album from a guy I had dismissed as a singles artist. Also quite odd to hear a guy who has shown such a huge ego in the past to put out an album of the hurt that a girl leaving him has caused, but genuinely he has put down some great lyrics on this album. Usual good beats too :)

Was thinking of buying this album but wasn't sure if i should as i heard bits of his last album and nothing stood out to make me want to buy it. I really like his new song, would you say the rest of the album is as good or nearly as good as Love Locked Down?? Worth a purchase?

jebus
19/12/2008, 4:06 PM
Was thinking of buying this album but wasn't sure if i should as i heard bits of his last album and nothing stood out to make me want to buy it. I really like his new song, would you say the rest of the album is as good or nearly as good as Love Locked Down?? Worth a purchase?

If you like Love Locked Down you should pick it up. I didn't rate his last album either, but he's rebounded big time with this offering.

The strangest thing is that it's an album that really needs to be listened to from start to finish, it's not just singles and fillers. I think he must be finally starting to pick this up from working with Common

superfrank
19/12/2008, 5:11 PM
I think it's nothing like his previous albums.

I've only listened to it once or twice and I find it very hard to get in to. A few good songs on it though, Paranoid is brilliant.