View Full Version : Behan

thecorner
08/11/2003, 10:15 PM
how long more is dolan gonna play him

always looks way out of his depth

time he gave colin p a chance to show what he can do

patsh
09/11/2003, 10:02 AM
Well I have to say that Coln P didn't look that great playing for the u-21s yesterday.....:(

niamh
09/11/2003, 3:44 PM
The one thing I will say about Behan is that he is a different option up front for Pat. Colin P is similiar in size to John O'Flynn. Behan is that bit taller and broader I'd say. A big guy in the box so to speak.

tiktok
10/11/2003, 11:08 AM
Behan isn't out of his depth, he's learning, there's a difference. What Niamh said is spot on, he's a different option up front for us. He's only a young lad, he's impressed me when i've seen him, especially so at U21, and given time he'll be a very good player.

it's the same with Murray, they're young, we can't expect them to come in and dominate games after a couple of starts, with Behan I think Doaln has taken the right option, letting him learn mostly from the bench.

pete
10/11/2003, 11:37 AM
Suppose its the same with all young players but Behan looked promising when he first arrived but seems to have gone backwards as the season progressed. Hes a bit guy but badly needs to use his strength more & hold onto the ball better.

Colin P seems to have gone backwards even more than Behan. He seems to be just used as an impact player now. While he couldn't be faulted for working hard in the u-21 on saturday he didn't really impress either.

Shed End John
10/11/2003, 2:56 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
how long more is dolan gonna play him

always looks way out of his depth

time he gave colin p a chance to show what he can do

Just one thing to say about Behan:
He should be put down he's so bad!!

Éanna
10/11/2003, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
thats really gonna help the guys confidence:rolleyes: In fairness to Behan he works hard, which is all you can ask of a guy. If he's not good enough, then its the managers fault for picking him. I think Behan has potential, but he needs to play alongside someone pacey like Flynn to realise it. Also he has (apparently) been carrying an ankle injury for most of the season.

razor
10/11/2003, 3:21 PM
I think in fairness to Behan, what happened the other night was that George was dropping quite deep to collect the ball, leaving Denis alone up front.
He got no change from the Rovers defence but its unfair to expect him to perform as a lone striker.

To his credit he has a powerful shot on him and could score a few from distance.

James
10/11/2003, 3:37 PM

stupid comment john
thought better of you then that kinda talk
:rolleyes:

thecorner
10/11/2003, 6:14 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
In fairness to Behan he works hard

if any of us were out there we would work hard and give our all

that doesnt make him worthy of a place in the squad

liamon
11/11/2003, 8:08 AM
I can't get over the negativity we show towards young players.
Bewhan should not be expected to play well upforont on his own against Rovers. He's just a kid.

OK, he's not anywhere near John O'Flynn's level, but then most strikers in the league aren't. I think we've been spoilt with our forwards for the last 2 seasons and we're expecting a young kid to have the same impact. Give him a break. It's his first season getting into the first team really and he'll need time.

Dolan knows we're not going to win the league this year, and he appears to be using it to bring on Behan and Murray. No harm in that. Hopefully, it'll pay dividends next season.

Shed End John
11/11/2003, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by James
stupid comment john
thought better of you then that kinda talk
:rolleyes:

Did you? Was it? Don't know who you've been watching this season but, the boy can't play. Drop him immediately, give CP a chance up front with O'Flynn.

joeSoap
11/11/2003, 10:12 AM
Don't think you were saying that the night he scored a 90th minute cracker to get ye a draw against Pats, were you??
I thought you were a supporter, not an abuser of a very young talent that will come good in a season or two.
I've watched Behan for the past few seasons now, and think he'll be a big hit in the Eircom League.....although if he continues to get unqualified, ignorant abuse like this, he might be doing it against ye, not for ye.

kevin.m
11/11/2003, 12:37 PM
Personally i do not think Behan is up to it but am willing to give him time as he is young and hopefully he will come good. While he needs chances to progress i was disgusted to see that Doyle who has been brilliant up front in JOF's absence was moved out to the wing on friday night to accomidate Behan. Hopefully Dolan will change this around for the away tie against Waterford.