PDA

View Full Version : George Haters -worst night yet

SSS
08/11/2003, 5:54 PM
Donie Forde Stand, back row. Still there. Never more vocal.
Last night someone in front of them took them to task only to be told that they could say what they like and "we pay their wages" [repeated at louder volumes to add weight to the argument].
The guy, who had a young child with him had to leave to taunts about the family enclosure.

I will be making contact with the club about these guys and I hope I am not alone. The abuse of George in particular, but occasionally others, is beyond acceptable, and only concern for my personal safety stops me getting involved with these psychos. Even their kids now shout at George in a reflex action manner when anything goes wrong on the pitch. [If I ever have a daughter who turns out like that one I'd have to shoot her.] Last night Murray passed a ball out of play.... ahhh George!!!! Take him off etc.. Best of all was hearing them shout for George to be booked for diving coz he's a cheat.

It was obvious to me that many people in this section of the stand are getting royally p****ed off with these muppets and I only hope that others will make complaints too.

Could 451 to do a repeat feature on these guys before the season closes?

rebelhead
08/11/2003, 6:10 PM
sss i totally agree with you.no matter what went wrong in the second half poor georgie was blamed.at one stage in the first half he chased all the way back to right in front of the rovers support and one fella behind me was shouting "whats that l*nger doind there he is meant to be up front"

Storysham
08/11/2003, 8:05 PM
Thats unbelievable, hes the heart and soul of the team. usually sit in the derrynane stand and see him up close, you can see the determination and drive on his face, something they probably miss way up there in the donie forde.

A face
08/11/2003, 10:16 PM
It kinda disturbing that people like this make their way to the cross. If it were against the opposing team it would be understood to some degree. but it is actually more worrying that it is not. I'd reckon fromn the sound of it, that you just cant talk to these people, that matter what you say/plead/debate with them, it will only make it worse.

I personally wouldn't give a toss about them, it is everyone around them that i'd care about.

The stewards at the ground Friday night were very pro-active about making sure that the "this is not a halying site" banner was not displayed. And there is fair argument for not having it there. ...........................

Where do they stand on this one. To be honest, it is incidents like this that i'd see as a far bigger test for the stewards. If someone has informed the club ( info@corkcityfc.ie ) then it is just a case of watching this space.

It is now the 8th of November ..................

applehunter
08/11/2003, 10:59 PM
How could people have been angry at his performance on Friday. He was in a class of his own. Bar a goal the guy did everything else that could have been asked of him. He must have the best 1st touch in the whole league. Last night he had 2 men on him constantly and he still managed to get turned every time. He has consistantly been the best player all year and I think we should be grateful that he bothered to sign his new contract

Schunter Netz
08/11/2003, 11:58 PM
I had a go at Moustachio on Friday night - I completely lost my temper, told him to shut the f**k up, lectured him on his appalling attitude and on and on... a whole season's worth of frustration came out. Then the monkey at the back wall joined in with his 'pay their wages' crap. His contribution probably pays for an hour of O'Callaghan's time, but theres no talking to these people. I tried to ask them (admittedly in a demented voice) why they bother to come to the Cross if they only yell abuse at their own team, constantly and obsessively. George this, George that, useless George, selfish George...last night they gave out about his hair and the fact that he doesn't tuck his shirt in!!! They are obsessed with hatred. I'm not a violent man but these morons are bringing out the worst in me. Better that we write to the club, let them know that they must do something and that we won't stand for these people being in the stand next season. What they are saying could be construed as assault under the legal definition of the law, and at worst its incitement to hatred. Anyone who can should write to the club before the next home game - next week - and demand action. On a lighter note, my favourite of the moron's cries is 'aaaahhhhh, you're supposed to play forward'. Bloody hell!!

Gary
09/11/2003, 2:50 AM
George eh?

The man does everything for us. Friday he was everywhere, tracking back, making last ditch tackles.....the lot.

Anyone who says tat he isnt a positive influnce on ccfc is a wánker.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but when you have to take it to the extremes that SSS described, then that opinion becomes null and void.

George O Callaghan tra la la la
etc

City legend.

Neil
09/11/2003, 1:07 PM
All into the Stand on Friday night for a confrontation with Moustachio and his gang of primates....

A face
09/11/2003, 1:32 PM
Originally posted by Neil
All into the Stand on Friday night for a confrontation with Moustachio and his gang of primates....

If it meant getting rid of these fools then yeah.

SSS
09/11/2003, 3:05 PM
A boring Sunday, so I've written my piece.
I hope I'm not the only one!

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to you regarding the behaviour of a group of so-called supporters who occupy the back row of seats in the Season Ticket Holder section of the Donie Forde stand. These individuals attracted some attention from the club a few months ago but after a brief break have recommenced the vitriolic verbal abuse aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at George O’Callaghan.

I accept that individual supporters have a right to free speech and indeed to criticise players and officials for poor performance. However, the irrational hatred expressed by this group exceeds the bounds of acceptable behaviour and has detracted significantly from the enjoyment of most home games this season. I know that I am not alone in this view and it is clear that other supporters in this section of the stand have grown increasingly frustrated with the situation.

The venomous abuse coming from this group does not encourage others to confront them, but at last weeks game versus Shamrock Rovers one person did. He was subjected to a barrage of abuse about the right to free speech and was reminded in an aggressive manner that “we pay their wages”. This person, with his young son, left his seat mid-game to taunts about the family enclosure being a more suitable location for him and his child.

Myself and those who accompany me to all home games have discussed moving away from this section of the stand, but we have occupied these seats for a number of years and enjoy viewing the games from this position.

I respectfully request that some action is taken against this group who in my view could well be in breach of the clubs code of conduct. I look forward to next season when myself and the numerous fans in this section of the crowd who appreciate the efforts of the team (and, in the context of these incidents, George O’Callaghan in particular) can watch the game and support our club without enduring the chorus of abuse from the aforementioned group.

I would be happy to discuss my concerns with the club but ask that my name should not be disclosed – for the same reason that I do not personally confront the group in question. This matter is best dealt with by those in authority.

Clearly, the words of one fan cannot lead to action against another so I urge the club to covertly observe the behaviour of the group at the next home game. I also suggest that the application form for next years season tickets be accompanied by a feedback questionnaire of some sort to garner the opinions and concerns of other season ticket supporters who I expect share my view.

Finally, please inform the team and Mr. Dolan that the abuse that they undoubtedly hear from this section of the stand is from a small minority of individuals and that the majority of season ticket holders are, as you would expect from a group who pay up front on an annual basis, supportive of their efforts and are as appreciative of a post match acknowledgement from the team as any other part of the crowd!

Schunter Netz
09/11/2003, 8:31 PM
Thats spot on, well written and can't be ignored by the club. I will be writing this week as well and the more that do, the more likely it is that action will be taken for next season. We can sit it out for this season, its next year that matters now. However, its worth pointing out that, although there are a few of these morons, there are only three really nasty, obsessive, constant abusers - Moustachio and his mate and the monkeyman standing at the back with the booming voice. Having blown my calm persona with them last week, with the positive result that they actually shut up for the last half hour, I can guarantee that they are timid. There are only two games left at home and I don't think we should put up with it meekly to the bitter end. Tell them to shut up, mock them, laugh at them, do whatever you think will burst their sense of security about being allowed to do their worst. Pointing and laughing would probably as good as a fist in the gob. Shame the miserable b*****ds. Then we can do our best in the close season to see them out of the stand and hopefully out of the ground.

patsh
09/11/2003, 8:58 PM
Well, myself and my lads shut up the little b0llix who mouths off at George last Tuesday easily enough. We have been putting up with him for long enough, and to think it was so simple to shut him up.
What did we do?
Well EVERY time he had a go at George, we cheered, clapped and shouted for George directly at him.
About the third or fourth time he began to quiten down, and then when we did it just if we thought he was about to start, he finally stopped.
There wasn't a peep out of him on Friday night.

Colm
09/11/2003, 9:37 PM
Originally posted by Neil

Yeah, I think we need to have "words" with them alright!
How about a few people sit near them and sing "we love you Georgie" or "Tralalalala" everytime they start spouting their rubbish?

Schunter Netz
10/11/2003, 12:19 AM
You're all welcome to have a go but it will have to be a sustained ninety minute show because these morons can go the full distance - years of practice on Pat Morley, to believe their own boasts. As much as we would all love to sink below their level, any counter-protests should be kept at a mocking/silencing level. Shut them up and send them home frustrated.

thecorner
10/11/2003, 1:20 AM
a rendition of "spot the loonies" by 5000 fans all pointing in their direction mite keep 'em quiet for a while

:D :D :D :D

razor
10/11/2003, 3:34 PM
Sorry to hear that this carry on is ongoing. This carry on is quite disgraceful, from what you are saying it seems totally unfounded abuse and there is no room for that at the Cross.

Nobody doubts Georges commitment or ability but I do think he gives away possesion an awful lot.
This could be down to lack of options when he is on the ball or the fact that he just won't pass.

He looked a totally different player with O'Flynn on the field against Longford. So much more willing to give the ball off, whereas without John he seems to feel the need to do it all himself, usually gets crowded out and gives possesion back to the opposition.

George is one of the players who gives 100% + every time, he frustrates the hell out of me sometimes but it can all be worth while to witness a piece of his magic.

pete
10/11/2003, 4:33 PM
Obviously George has bad games & sometimes doesn't make the correct decision but dunno why people don't just say nothing oif nothing good to say. Maybe it'll take a while before the cross is rid of these GAA types.

If abusing George isn't acceptable to people then surely abusing others shouldn't acceptable either? Skippy got abuse from a certain shed individual for years & Deccie got a couple years worth in recent years.

People may feel they have the right to shout whatever they want cos they "pay the wages..." but the club also has the right not to accept their €10 every forthight.

A face
10/11/2003, 5:16 PM
Originally posted by pete
People may feel they have the right to shout whatever they want cos they "pay the wages..." but the club also has the right not to accept their €10 every forthight.

The people in question are season ticket holders, so it aint as easy as that. But even so .... they are way pass criticising, it is now personal abuse.

I know we all get ticked off when something doesn't go our way on the pitch and it does get heated. But this is not the same thing. They are way over the top ..... obsessed, psycho type stuff.

Shed End John
11/11/2003, 9:16 AM
Originally posted by SSS
Donie Forde Stand, back row. Still there. Never more vocal.
Last night someone in front of them took them to task only to be told that they could say what they like and "we pay their wages" [repeated at louder volumes to add weight to the argument].
The guy, who had a young child with him had to leave to taunts about the family enclosure.

Pay their wages? So do 4,000+ more of us, and we can't ALL be wrong in thinking he's a good player. All I can say is they must have been the blokes on the #6 bus when I was on my way to the game. 15 minutes non-stop about how s***e George is, how Dolan is a f***ing useless manager, how half the team is a waste of space, AND how City are going to be relegated next season. Really p***ed me off, but couldn't have been bothered trying to reason with 'people' like that who should know better (assuming they have the mental capacity).:mad:

thecorner
11/11/2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
AND how City are going to be relegated next season.

y didnt u place a wager with them

easiest money u would have ever won

one_bounce
11/11/2003, 11:22 AM
Maybe it'll take a while before the cross is rid of these GAA types.

what exactly are these gaa types you ignorant fcuking idiot...
i bet most of cities supporters are gaa supporters also.. people who support sport tend to have an interest in most sports their county/country are associated with...
were you at the all ireland hurling final last year.. i doubt it... cork had about 50000 supporters in croker and there wasnt one incident reported.. in fact all the gardai were called off to some 'mtv dance off' in dollymount....
you are probably the same type of @sshole who comes out with the whole 'gaa are a bigoted organisation' comments.. look at what youve just written:mad: :mad:

oh.. and by the way its these 'gaa types' city need to be attracting if you want attendances up.. cork draw huge crowds to all of their matches... sell outs from semis of munster final to the final this year

Colm
11/11/2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by one_bounce
what exactly are these gaa types you ignorant fcuking idiot...

You know what he meant.
These Gaa types are the kind of people who ruin an atmosphere at a football match. The Longford section at the Cup final was full of them.
People who support City and GAA are fine and can be very knowledgable about both. However, it is the idiots who come to the odd "soccer" match and do nothing but criticise and moan that we could do without.

pete
11/11/2003, 11:41 AM
Just saying GAA folks seem to be more aggressive in criticising players & officials. e.g. numerous examples of players, supporters & officials attacking each other...

btw i wasn't saying we'd be rid of GAA supporters - I said THESE GAA supporters.

:rolleyes:

I don't know why anyone would say the GAA organisation (as opposed to supporters) were bigitted.

one_bounce
11/11/2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Colm
You know what he meant.
These Gaa types are the kind of people who ruin an atmosphere at a football match. The Longford section at the Cup final was full of them.
People who support City and GAA are fine and can be very knowledgable about both. However, it is the idiots who come to the odd "soccer" match and do nothing but criticise and moan that we could do without.

what are you on about? people who go to the odd soccer match and criticise and moan are not exclusive to the gaa.... people who go to the odd match and criticise and moan should just fcuk off and not bother.... whether it be soccer or gaa...
another point... city supporters pride themselves on being the best in the el, ie.. most vocal, colourful, supportive etc and i fully agree.. i love going to the cross ,or to away matches when you hear the rebel army outsing the home support...
on the other hand have you ever been to a cork hurling match??
hill 16 was completely red and white for all cork matches there last year and the atmosphere was electric.... no cork city match has ever reached this level, but this is due only to numbers in attendance.. not effort.
so.. if city could encourage some of the gaa support to get to the cross and boost the numbers imagine what it would be like the next time the scum roll into town and the cross is packed to the rafters..... i reckon dolan knows this and this is the reason he sent a good luck note to the gaa

NorthoftheLee
11/11/2003, 12:34 PM
'gaa are a bigoted organisation' allegedly!!!!!!!!

there ive said it.....now i must be an idiot...:rolleyes:

............well said conor74......agree fully

one_bounce ..completely OTT on pete.....as he said...THESE not ALL

.as you said ......the moaning brigade are not isolated to gaa..... THESE football fan types (eg the 3 stoudgies in the Donie not ALL football fans-just to clear it up before anyone jumps down me throat like!!) we can do without too....

ps.......there is a nasty inbred clan mentality within some quarters of the GAA,;)allegedly :p:D ....TRUE????

one_bounce
11/11/2003, 12:34 PM
conor.. spot on there... what i am saying is that the fans are not bigoted.. but what pete wrote was as bigotted as anything the gaa organisation have ever come out with...
not sure what your last point was about though... gaa is played in the 32 counties.. it was the very boys who fought for our independance that set up the gaa.. the fact that the crowd doesnt need to be segregated is a good thing... in fact it really adds to the atmosphere when the match is swinging from one side to the other.... in fact this is the thing i least like about soccer... why is there such hatred that actually spills into violence and needs to be policed evident at soccer grounds?? there are no more passionate people in this country than gaa supporters.. but when the match is over its off to he pub for pints together(also true for rugby matches).. it really annoys me to see it begin to sneak into the el (at the moment its only shels and bohs)... i always associated this kind of behaviour with the english scum and put it down to a culture thing.... i was in lansdowne the night the national front tore up the west upper and fired the seats onto the pitch.. and the irish reacted by singing songs and leaving the ground so the riot police to sort the situation out... i thought it was one of the greatest things i have ever witnessed( i was only about 50 seats to the right of the b@stards)

one_bounce
11/11/2003, 1:08 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe it'll take a while before the cross is rid of these GAA types.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok to clear this one up cos i have work to do....
by saying 'these GAA types ' pete is referring to all gaa supporters.. maybe he didnt mean it that way.. and thats fair enough...
i am all in favour of kicking those fools out of the cross for their behavior..
i have posted loads of times on the proc about the ok2boo gob****es... my point always being that if you want to go to a match... support your team in a positive way.. wasting time and energy moaning/booing etc benefits nobody... singing/chanting lifts a team
i also really hate when one code starts to slag off another code.. i dont get it... and i would say the same to a gaa fan having a go at soccer fans

pete
11/11/2003, 1:53 PM
Talk about easy to windup :rolleyes:

One of the best things about fooball (soccer) is the passion that leads to crowd segregation.

I've never understood how people can be passionate acout their team, sit amoung the opposition fans & have a smile & laught when they lose. Kinda like those people at the rugby at oz celebration the irish try when they 37-0 as if they just won the game. Alright i know those folks in oz probably had a few drinks but you gett he idea...

Schunter Netz
11/11/2003, 10:52 PM
Hey, Hey..hang on a minute...look at the title of this thread!! This is a very interesting discussion on the psyche of the GAA fan as opposed to the soccer fan, and I have plenty to say on that too, especially about the fact that fans can mingle at GAA matches...however, the morons shouting abuse at George O'Callaghan are season ticket holders with City, have been abusing Pat Morley for years before this, and I believe they even go to away matches. They are NOT in any shape or form GAA fans, they believe themselves to be Cork City fans. Never miss a game!!! Lets have the GAA conversation on another thread and concentrate here on getting the club to force these people out. Because the upshot is that some people are going to be leaving the stand after this season, and it had better be them.

wiseman
12/11/2003, 2:14 PM
I wonder if any of the George haters made the trip last night. If they did then they should be quiet from here on in after his performance last night.
And why does he play so deep as a forward? It's the only way he will get the ball!

Éanna
12/11/2003, 4:24 PM
Originally posted by Schunter Netz
the morons shouting abuse at George O'Callaghan are season ticket holders with City, have been abusing Pat Morley for years before this
thats it exactly. the club does not need these people. boot them out. now

golly
12/11/2003, 5:22 PM
who should we adress letters 2 and do we post them to turners cross

Bionic Brennie
12/11/2003, 7:06 PM
Email to info@corkcityfc.ie - address: Pat Cotter, Event Controller, Cork City FC, Curragh Road, Turners Cross.

James
12/11/2003, 7:47 PM
Originally posted by Bionic Brennie
- address: Pat Cotter, Event Controller,

and of course thats Peter Cotter
:cool:

SSS
15/11/2003, 4:15 PM
Well the boys were releatively quiet last night, but that is in comparison to some fairly unreal behaviour.
I brought a guy along last night to his first home game this season and he spent most of the game laughing in disbelief at their comments which usually coincided with George showing some class.

BTW, I only just read in the programme that a questionnaire wsa given out last night = anyone get it and does it allow for comment on muppets like this?

Can I claim some credit for it if it does, given my letter early in the week?:D

TheNorthsider
15/11/2003, 5:31 PM
dont know whether you consider urself a gaa or a soccer supporter one bounce but i have heard this arguement time and time again as regards support for cork soccer not being as good as cork gaa support.I was in thurles this year for the clare game and thought that the rendition of the banks was the greatest thing i have ever heard at a sporting occassion no. two to that would be the semi-final of the cup in athlone in 98.Both occassions well attended by the cork public,i was in waterford last tues nite with possibly 100/150 cork city supporters for a league game.Would you have many cork gaa supporters do the same for a league game against waterford on a miserable sunday afternoon.You talk about following cork gaa games then you seem to be only talking about championship games what about the league games what about the footballers.City supporters will attend 18 home league games throw in approx 4/5 cup games and a handful of away games as for the cork hurlers/football supporters following 10 games if they are successful.Looking at it from the point of view of money spent i have spent a hell of a lot more this year following city than i did following cork hurlers:mad: