PDA

View Full Version : Final run of games City & Pat's

Counting Crow
08/11/2003, 11:39 AM
The final run in of games for SPA (according to their program from the recent City game ) is as follows:

v. Drogs Tue 11th - A
v. Longford Sat 15th - A
v. UCD Fri 21st - H
V. Bohs Sun 30th - A

Plus they apparently have to play Drogs and Longford at home also as their games in hand.

The thing is when will they play these games? There are only a few weeks left and the season MUST end on Sunday 30th Nov.

Looks like the will have games on the two Tuesday's between Sat 15th and the last Sunday............nice little pile up of games me thinks.
Could play havoc with them from a fitness perspective.

Also if Bohs are still hunting for the League it makes for a very difficult last match for them. Whereas our last game vs Drogs hopefully will be imaterial for them as it looks like it will be UCD and Derry heading for the drop.

Dr.Nightdub
08/11/2003, 5:46 PM
Our run-in is actually like this:

Tues 11th Drogs away
Fri 14th Longford away
Fri 21st UCD home
Mon 24th Rovers away
Thurs 27th Longford home
Sun 30th Bohs away

It'll be tricky, but it's still well possible for us to overtake youse. I've been saying since the Cup Final that the Intertoto spot will come down to whoever out of us, youse and Rovers can manage to be the least crap and least inconsistent.

Counting Crow
09/11/2003, 10:26 AM
Strange and all that this might seem, but I actually agree with you Dr Nightclub.

There are more banana skins here than in a Fyffee's warehouse.

I don't think Rovers will be in contention, however, as they are pretty crap and will fall off in the next week or so..........I hope!