PDA

View Full Version : South American WCQ Tickets

Rebel11
17/12/2008, 2:22 AM
I will be in Bolivia next April the same time they play Argentina in a WCQ has any one any experience of going to a game over will tickets be possible to get?

Cheers

Closed Account 2
17/12/2008, 8:24 AM
I've seen many matches in Argentina, none of them international, but some Primera Division and a few Libertadores matches. Often for these you can get them outside the ground, but for this I would recommend speaking to your hotel or youth hostel, usually they will know someone who has got a ticket. Do you speak much Spanish ?

shedite
17/12/2008, 3:57 PM
Friend was in Brazil for the Brazil/Bolivia game and it wasn't half full. I also know people who went to some game in Chile this year and they got tickets at the ground. Don't think many of them sell out.

Just had a quick look and they've been getting about 20,000 for home qualifiers so far - stadium holds 45,000. Although Argentina will obviously be a bigger draw. They suck at the moment tho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(CONMEBOL)

Rebel11
17/12/2008, 8:42 PM
Cheers for the info guys the Spanish is coming on alright been at it for the last couple of months.

Uncle_Joe
18/12/2008, 12:51 PM
Tickets are generally no problem to purchase at the stadium and go on sale two days before the game. They never ever sell out. Ever!
Its normally 10Bs for the league games, and generally the same for Internationals maybe a small markup. Im sure the Touts will seek you out as well, and their markup is pittance.

Valencia Hoop
18/12/2008, 9:38 PM
went to a few The Strongest league games in La Paz, maybe 5,000 there each time (capacity about 45,000) until the derby against Bolivar which was a sellout as far as I could see. Nevertheless there were lots of people selling tickets outside at only slightly above the odds. I imagine the Argentina game will be a huge event but if you're in town a few days beforehand just queue up like everyone else. Things are cheap in Bolivia and if you show up to the ground on matchday without a ticket I'm sure it won't cost much (by Irish standards) to get in.

Junior
22/12/2008, 10:28 AM
Where is the game in La Paz? I also saw a game in Cusco which was a great atmosphere but still not sold out.

The above advice is sound. Youll have no problems. If youll be there with a few days to spare just head down to the ground and buy them yourself. If you're tight on time get your hostel/hotel to sort them for you in advance. Even if they make a few quid it will be an absolute pittance and Bolivia is the cheapest spot in Sth America so no worries.