Originally posted by ccfc till i die
********, we deserved AT LEAST a point

they had us on the back foot for the second half

y do they constantly raise their game in injury time

they should do this the whole game

we deserved nothing outta the game

patsh
08/11/2003, 9:04 PM
They got a goal from a breakaway, we spent almost the entire second half in their half.
What about the first half of the game?
Why are you not mentioning that in any of your posts?
by looking at your posts, all that matters is the second half.....:rolleyes:

thecorner
08/11/2003, 10:04 PM
as they say its a game of two halves
and city only turned up for the last ten minutes of the second half

they played well in the first half but not exactly brilliant

could have had 2 penalties though

A face
08/11/2003, 10:35 PM
I hate the thought that we'd try and praise ourselves (for all the good it will do) and over look what we are not doing, which i have thought for a while but evident last night aswell. We are not taking the game to opposing teams, we stood off and did not control the game for long stages last night.

Besides that ............. Did City convince you last night, for me they did not. I will be there on Tuesday but i wont shy away from the facr that on paper, City should have whipped Rovers off the park. The abilty that we have went unused last night and we were lucky to get a point.

I dont want to slate the lads obviously ... but again, you have to call it like it is. We didn't perform like we can. And we didn't look close to "turning it on" against Rovers once last night.

Gary
09/11/2003, 3:02 AM
Am i the only one who thinks we should have destroyed the scummy junts. I thought our performance was very good, we played ball, and pretty much every player had a decent game.

George, Hog, Behan, Benno and Nwánko particularly were very good.

I just peed off that we have drawn so many games. 13 or 14? Id imagine at sleat 5 of those we should have.

Ah well. Next season is the start of the rebel armys march towards domination!

Éanna
09/11/2003, 4:54 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
they played well in the first half but not exactly brilliant

could have had 2 penalties though

Originally posted by thecorner
WE DESERVED NOTHING OUTTA THE GAME

make your mind up

thecorner
09/11/2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
make your mind up

my mind is made up

hate to say it but rovers could feel hard done by with going home with only a point

yes we could have had 2 penalties but doesnt take away the fact that rovers controlled midfield for a lot of the game

niamh
10/11/2003, 9:57 AM
Originally posted by Gary

Was that his first game for City?

tiktok
10/11/2003, 11:34 AM
Nwankwo came on with a couple of minutes to go against Bohs, that was his debut (brief as it was).

pete
10/11/2003, 12:17 PM
I don't often say this but the foul on Behan was 100% a penalty. Behan tried to stop when he controlled the ball & the defender delierately or not ran into his back.

ccfc till i die
10/11/2003, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by Gary
Am i the only one who thinks we should have destroyed the scummy junts. I thought our performance was very good, we played ball, and pretty much every player had a decent game.

I just peed off that we have drawn so many games. 13 or 14? Id imagine at sleat 5 of those we should have.

Ah well. Next season is the start of the rebel armys march towards domination!

What made you think that Nwankwo was very good. It was only his second game but he was nothing more than average.

Shed End John
10/11/2003, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by ccfc till i die
What made you think that Nwankwo was very good. It was only his second game but he was nothing more than average.

Even that's being kind to him. However, most players who move here find the phsicality of the Irish game a real culture shock. Give him a couple of games to settle in, and then let's make the judgements.

Éanna
10/11/2003, 3:18 PM
Originally posted by pete
I don't often say this but the foul on Behan was 100% a penalty. Behan tried to stop when he controlled the ball & the defender delierately or not ran into his back.
agreed.

As for Nwankwo, he might not have been brilliant, but he did something no city midfielder has done regularly this season- he put a foot on the ball and tried to pass it. I reckon once he settles he'll be a very good player for us

pete
10/11/2003, 4:25 PM
Nwanko has done nothing for the 1st team yet.

I hadn't seen an u-21 game before but thought Nwanko poor on saturday. If a player wants to play for the 1st team i'd expect him to stand out playing with the u-21s & that goes for local 7 foreign players.

Eric
11/11/2003, 1:58 PM
When Nwanko came on last Friday night he got stuck into the action straight away. He went looking for the ball, chalenged for the bal and when he had it he tried to play decent football.

If at the end of the day it turns out that he ain't any good then at least he goes out and tries when he's playing, which can't be said of a certain other player who is in the first team at the moment

I know some players are playing out of position but people can't constantly use that excuse to cover up their poor performances. Every player should be giving 100% regardless of where they are playing on the pitch

fonzi
12/11/2003, 12:21 PM
ya see? its the usuall crap from city, have all the possesion, yet couldnt kill a DEAD fly. with a nuclear bomb from two meters.
(and with tnt surrounding the area)

wake up city. or maybe ill start supporting ramblers.

wiseman
12/11/2003, 2:03 PM
well last nights performance, or should I same mime as they only pretended to be a football team, was the worst I have seen yet.
I was in Longford for the 4-1 1st game defeat a few seasons age and this was worse!
Except for George the rest were either poor or just turned up for their wages, which they do not deserve.
Can we sue them for fraud for pretending to be footballers last night?
This is the 1st City squad I have seen who can/will not get stuck-in, in all areas of the pitch.
And to cap it all they did not have the decency to hang their heads in shame :mad:

Éanna
12/11/2003, 4:28 PM
Originally posted by fonzi
or maybe ill start supporting ramblers.
if you're going to keep bitching and whinging and moaning like that- please do :rolleyes:

fonzi
13/11/2003, 12:04 PM
i certainly will, along with a lot of others.

NorthoftheLee
13/11/2003, 12:18 PM
go fuc off then and support the queenstown........sure they're brilliant aren't they..........

maybe they could benefit from a moaning little muppet like yourself......whose continued constructive criticism will help no end
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fonzi
13/11/2003, 12:26 PM
thats nice northofthelee.
and why, tell me should Mr. Dolan listen to any of us in the first place.

i dont even know you,
you probably dont
even know me.
i ask you to shut up know,
because you
are anoying me.

Colm
13/11/2003, 5:18 PM
Originally posted by fonzi
i certainly will, along with a lot of others.

You'll be on your own in that course of action I'd say.

There is really no need for the negative attitude you have. There is so much to be positive about with regard to our club this season, why not concentrate on that??
We are still in with a great chance of European qualification
We need to get behind Dolan and the lads and there is no place for constant whinging. Success takes time, we've got to be patient.

NorthoftheLee
14/11/2003, 8:16 AM
Originally posted by Fonzi the Moaner
and why, tell me should Mr. Dolan listen to any of us in the first place.

i dont even know you,
you probably dont
even know me.
i ask you to shut up know,
because you
are anoying me.

He shouldn't and I never said he should??? :confused: :confused:

I don't know you but your negativity is píssing me well off...I'll shut up NOW because you aint worth the energy its taking to type this.......grade A muppet...

ian
14/11/2003, 12:45 PM
A lads calm down a bit????

thecorner
15/11/2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by ian
A lads calm down a bit????

IAN IN TO CALM THINGS DOWN AGAIN

A face
15/11/2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
He shouldn't and I never said he should??? :confused: :confused:

I don't know you but your negativity is píssing me well off...I'll shut up NOW because you aint worth the energy its taking to type this.......grade A muppet...

He is píssin' me off aswell but lads ... chill the bean.
He is entitled to his opinion to be fair.

Fonzi .... you could tone it down a bit aswell man. You know you are píssin' people off, just easy off ... even just look on the bright side for a while.