PDA

View Full Version : O'Dowd & Digger O'Brien vs Dan Connor

Counting Crow
07/11/2003, 11:29 PM
The last two games have given us all examples of how goalkeepers should and do play to the crowd to make the game a better spectacle not like that a$$hole Connor.

Wasn't "Digger" O'Brien just fantastic at halftime on Tuesday night? The guy is a legend and I think he must be the most popular player amongst us outside of the City panel. When he stood next to the linesman ( who was certainly the only person in the ground smaller Digger ) as he checked the nets a did the "height check" I nearly pi$$ed myself laughing. He then got down on his knees when we were all singing "are you small or far away" ........... brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

Tony also was top drawer tonight. He reacted really well to every jibe and chant and did his old favourite "bending over" etc. Did anyonw notice him putting his finger to his nose for one kick out and snorting ( aka R Fowler ) when the Shed was singing something about Barry Ryan? Excellent. He got a really good reception as he ran up to us at the start of the game and applauded us as he ran off at half time. The guy is different class.

Now as for that toe rag Conner. Let's just say I am looking forward to Tuesday................now where's me bottle of Lucozade?

A face
08/11/2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
Did anyonw notice him putting his finger to his nose for one kick out

I thought the same .... he is a character alright.

Éanna
09/11/2003, 4:42 PM
Yeah, O'Dowd loves comin down to the cross alright. he could teach connor a thing or two. he just gets a buzz off the abuse and plays better for it.

Russell
11/11/2003, 10:48 PM
I totally agree!!!!!
Dan Connor had a particulary good game tonight, he played to the Cork crowd brilliantly, well he didn't have an awful lot to do mind you.

But when he sat on the ball towords the it it just cracked up the crowd, well done SuperDan, keep it up!!!!

Glad to see you didn't lose your bottle!!!

hoofball
12/11/2003, 7:17 AM
Originally posted by Russell
I totally agree!!!!!
Dan Connor had a particulary good game tonight, he played to the Cork crowd brilliantly, well he didn't have an awful lot to do mind you.

But when he sat on the ball towords the it it just cracked up the crowd, well done SuperDan, keep it up!!!!

Glad to see you didn't lose your bottle!!!

Much as I hate to admit it I can't see how you think O'Connor had a good game last night because as you say he didn't have much to do.

And he wasn't playing to the Cork crowd during the game he was just acting the maggot. He deserved a good kick up the h*le for pretending to sit on the ball near the end. He's nothing but a ghoul. Laughable seeing those two stewards "protecting" him as well.

And by the way this isn't sour grapes, Waterford fully deserved the 3 points last night and ye played us off the pitch - just don't try to make O'Connor into something he's not i.e. a player with more than two brain cells to rub together.

Russell
12/11/2003, 8:54 AM
That's why he plays for ireland u-21's and a host of premier clubs in England ,Scotland and Ireland are after him!

hoofball
12/11/2003, 9:06 AM
Originally posted by Russell
That's why he plays for ireland u-21's and a host of premier clubs in England ,Scotland and Ireland are after him!

I didn't say he's not a good keeper (which he is). I'm saying he's a brainless pr**k that winds up the crowd - not plays to the crowd...two completely different things.

Russell
12/11/2003, 9:08 AM
I have to say this is the first time we've seen him behave like that. Being a Dub, he obviously just doesn't like Cork.

Éanna
12/11/2003, 4:39 PM
I hope he breaks his leg. badly. He is the most stupid fúckwit I have ever seen set foot on a football pitch, and that says something. I would pay a lot of money to give him a boot straight up his smug little hole.