PDA

View Full Version : Is the "R" word about to raise its ugly head ?

dinny
20/09/2001, 9:09 AM
Following last nights inept preformance against Bray. We need 3 points now aginst Mons urgently !!!!!!!!!!!!

Macy
20/09/2001, 9:42 AM
If it was against anyone else, I would be worried, but seeing as we never get owt of Bray.....
Mons was always a must win game, but last night isn't the reason we're in the relegation zone. The UCD game may well come back to haunt us. If we had taken the points there, it would have fcuked them up for their next games and obviously given us three more points.
The Dundalk game must be taken at face value after playing the whole second half with 10 men against 12 men (yes I am including Han****).
Last night we competed for 70 mins, and then were hit on the break. I would have liked to see Lavine dropping deep and bringing Wes Charles with him, leaving room down the middle. Ultimately the footballing side were beaten by the physically stronger battlers.

Pauro 76
20/09/2001, 12:33 PM
We're not in danger yet, its still early on. But if we beat Mons a gap will open between the bottom two and ourselves, and a cushion at the bottom end is what we need right now.

Macy
20/09/2001, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
We're not in danger yet, its still early on. But if we beat Mons a gap will open between the bottom two and ourselves, and a cushion at the bottom end is what we need right now.

Eh, it's three down this year and fourth from bottom is a playoff spot. Opening a gap between us and the bottom two isn't really much help!

Pauro 76
20/09/2001, 2:10 PM
Providing things stay close in the middle end of the table,theres always a chance though!