PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers Chairman's Statement

luka
14/12/2008, 8:26 PM
I wish to publically reply to a misleading statement which was carried in last week’s edition of the Great Island News by a group of disaffected and former members of our club, who style themselves as ‘Friends of Cobh Ramblers’- (F.O.C.R’s).

It is most unfortunate that the Great Island News didn’t take the time to contact our club for an official and factual opinion on the proposed deal forwarded to the FAI by the management committee, before publishing a statement that was riddled with inaccuracies and conjecture.

I can now assure the people of Cobh and anyone who read the F.O.C.R’s statement in the G.I.C.N’s that Cobh Ramblers is a members club and as such, it will be the members and they alone, who will democratically decide the future destiny of the club. They will make all future judgements and decisions to do with the clubs future, based on factual information put before them by the elected management committee of the club.
The members will not be influenced, bullied or intimidated in those endeavours by a small group of disaffected and former members whose real agenda is to wrest control of the club from the current democratically elected leadership.

Earlier this year, these same people failed miserably (by more than a 3 to1majority) to take control of our club when they moved a vote of no confidence in my leadership. They have time and again run to the media with false and misleading statements in attempts to undermine the elected management committee, and in doing so have time and again brought our club into disrepute. For example, the claim in last weeks statement that St. Colman’s Park (recreationally zoned) is valued at more than €2 million, would be laughable were it not so serious and designed to muddy the waters and influence others. By their actions, they have attempted to scupper a rescue deal for the club before the majority of members could even consider and vote on it.

Next Sunday 21st, the members of our club will decide by a legally constituted ballot whether to accept or refuse a financial rescue proposal to be sent to the FAI, and a proposal to institute new financial controls agreed upon by two financial consultants, the managements committee and various members (prominent business people).
I remain very confident that the majority of our members will accept these proposals, not least because they and they alone provide for the rescue of the club and guarantees for its future accountability and wellbeing going forward.
On the other hand, the F.O.C.R’s, those who would call themselves friends of our club, have failed each time they have been asked to provide an alternative to save the club from oblivion. For once, they should change from repeatedly saying No, and join with the rest of the membership next Sunday in saying Yes!
Will they be part of the rescue of our club or will they be the cause of its demise, will they accept the democratic outcome?

Yours in Sport, Barry Walsh: Chairman

Cobh Ramblers Chairman, Barry Walsh is available for interviews.
Please contact Angela McCarthy Club Press Officer on 085 788 1560

pcplod
14/12/2008, 8:38 PM
Well said finally a bit of clarity on the ridiculous yet possibly harmful statements being made by the FOCR'S.

It is do or die time my friends and I for one will do everything I can to save our club

VOTE YES FOR CHANGE AND YES FOR OUR CLUBS FUTURE

eelmonster
15/12/2008, 4:36 PM
They sound like a right bunch of FOCRs.

pcplod
15/12/2008, 5:16 PM
They sound like a right bunch of FOCRs.

You got it in one !

rambler14
15/12/2008, 7:33 PM
Cobh Ramblers Chairman, Barry Walsh is available for interviews.
Please contact Angela McCarthy Club Press Officer on 085 788 1560

Is he available for parties too???:D

luka
15/12/2008, 7:52 PM
Is he available for parties too???:D

All covered........