PDA

View Full Version : South American football fans

jebus
13/12/2008, 10:33 PM
I'm not in any way shape or form affiliated with this site, but I've come across it on my travels

Good site with good info about the South American leagues run by some English guys if anyone's interested

http://www.southamericanfootball.co.uk/ (http://www.southamericanfootball.co.uk)

Dodge
14/12/2008, 10:48 AM
cheers, had that bookmarked before but lost it when PC crashed.

Closed Account 2
16/12/2008, 1:29 PM
Argentine league has gone right down to the wire, San Lorenzo, Tigre and Boca all finished level on 39 points. It doesn't go down to goal difference or even head to head, instead there is a play off, and now it's a 3 way play off.

The fixtures are as follows:

Tomorrow- Tigre v San Lorenzo
Saturday- San Lorenzo v Boca
Tuesday- Boca v Tigre

Junior
22/12/2008, 10:32 AM
how'd the playoff games go so far? tight on time to do the research myself!

Closed Account 2
22/12/2008, 10:38 AM
San Lorenzo beat Tigre 1-0, Boca beat San Lorenzo 3-1... San Lorenzo had 2 sent off, but still looked like gettting an equaliser right up to Boca's 3rd goal in injury time.

Tomorrow Boca only needs a draw and they will be champions. If Tigre win (unlikely) all teams will be tied on 3 points and then I don't know what happens... maybe they play the play-offs all over again!

Junior
22/12/2008, 11:20 AM
nice one. cheers edmundo

Closed Account 2
23/12/2008, 11:43 PM
Boca lost tonight 1-0 to Tigre, meaning all the teams were level on 3 points in the mini league, but Boca won the mini league on goal difference - they are champions, Tigre were very unlucky and should really have got the second goal.

Poor Student
27/12/2008, 11:25 PM
I thought Boca should have buried Tigre with all the possession they had in the first half and chunks of the second. Tigre did have the chance and the impetus to take the title after they snatched that goal though.

Closed Account 2
20/12/2009, 1:02 AM
robbery in Abu Dhabi tonight - Estudiantes deserved the win, but Barca got the last minute equaliser and then did them in extra time...

Dodge
20/12/2009, 12:30 PM
robbery in Abu Dhabi tonight - Estudiantes deserved the win, but Barca got the last minute equaliser and then did them in extra time...

THought Barca were well worthy of the victory myself. Certainly over the 120 minutes

Closed Account 2
20/12/2009, 1:36 PM
nonsense, they were lucky against Atlante where Solari and Arguello bossed the game, dont know why either player was taken off. Estudiantes had the beating of them last night and but for the helping hand of a FIFA ref would have won.

Stevo Da Gull
20/12/2009, 9:43 PM
Can't agree with you there Edmundo. Thought the result was fair. Estudiantes did very well to limit Barca's creativity during the game, and occasionally looked dangerous going forward (not to mention the agony of the last minute header) but Barca deserved their equaliser and there only looked like being one winner from there on in.

As for the helping hand of the ref- Messi and Henry both correctly booked for diving, but two Estudiantes players took dives and weren't cautioned. Had the ref have been rooting for Barca he could have awarded a penalty in the first half. The ref had a somewhat inconsistent game, but for the most part did a good job.

Alejandro Sabella, Estudiantes coach
The result was fair. In the first half we controlled the game and our performance was excellent. If we compare what Barcelona have done in previous matches, their performance in first half was not as too good, unlike it was in the second half. We were close to achieving our dream but at the end of the day, we failed. But the players did a perfect job today. We gave it our all. It would have been great to take the cup home, but this is football and we lost with our heads held high. from FIFA.com