PDA

View Full Version : Ince and Hughes next out the door?

Noelys Guitar
13/12/2008, 8:53 PM
Ince is surely a dead cert to go. Probably this week. And Hughes must be close to the exit as well. City are in a relegation fight now.

L37Ultra
13/12/2008, 9:51 PM
Ince is surely a dead cert to go. Probably this week. And Hughes must be close to the exit as well. City are in a relegation fight now.

I would be very suprised if Ince was still in charge of Blackburn this time next week.

As for Hughes, I would say Man City will stick with him until January. He will turn things around there.

NeilMcD
14/12/2008, 12:29 AM
Both managers should be kept.

osarusan
14/12/2008, 12:41 AM
Ince should go, I think. Hughes will stick around and sort out the clubs problems enough to avoid relegation.

brianw82
14/12/2008, 10:48 AM
The signs for Ince are not good:

- He believes there's a vendetta against him. A fair point, but he should concentrate on his team rather than running his mouth.
- Signing players on reputation rather than PL quality: Andrews, Fowler, rumoured to be interested in the chief scout's son, FFS!

barney
14/12/2008, 11:42 AM
I said it at the time; Hughes was never going to be successful at City and should never have taken the job. Sven did as well as you can with that club and got rewarded with the sack and was deemed by Thaksin to be a failure. Hughes was never going to do any better and I'd bet the new owners will be even less forgiving than Thaksin.

Ince will never make a manager. You can see it in how his team is organised. From what I saw last night, Blackburn defended in the same sort of schoolboy manner that Ireland did v Holland (0-4) that convinved me Staunton would never make a manager (at least in the short term).

The mumblings of discontent amongst the players before the season kicked off and his ridiculous ramblings since convince me he is doomed to failure.

I reckon Hughes will make a good manager and could do a wonderful long term job at City but in this day and age, he won't get the time.

brianw82
14/12/2008, 11:55 AM
Anyone got links to any bookies giving odds on Ince to be sacked? Can't seem to fnd any...

NeilMcD
14/12/2008, 1:00 PM
I said it at the time; Hughes was never going to be successful at City and should never have taken the job. Sven did as well as you can with that club and got rewarded with the sack and was deemed by Thaksin to be a failure. Hughes was never going to do any better and I'd bet the new owners will be even less forgiving than Thaksin.

Ince will never make a manager. You can see it in how his team is organised. From what I saw last night, Blackburn defended in the same sort of schoolboy manner that Ireland did v Holland (0-4) that convinved me Staunton would never make a manager (at least in the short term).

The mumblings of discontent amongst the players before the season kicked off and his ridiculous ramblings since convince me he is doomed to failure.

I reckon Hughes will make a good manager and could do a wonderful long term job at City but in this day and age, he won't get the time.

Sure just ignore the work Ince did at Maccelsfield and MK Dons and it is less than 6 months into his first Premiership job. I wonder what you would have though of Alex Ferguson when he was managing St. Mirren.

barney
14/12/2008, 2:13 PM
Sure just ignore the work Ince did at Maccelsfield and MK Dons and it is less than 6 months into his first Premiership job. I wonder what you would have though of Alex Ferguson when he was managing St. Mirren.

World of difference between MK Dons, Macclesfield etc. and Blackburn. The man won't ever cut it at the top level. If he does, I'll buy you a steak dinner. At previous clubs he was 'Wow Paul Ince, the former Man U, Inter and Liverpool player', at a big club he's just another former Man U player trying his hand at management and failing badly as results are showing and will continue to show. I've seen Blackburn 3-4 times this season. They're woeful. Woefully organised, poorly motivated and, for the most part, absolutely clueless. That's all down to the manager.

It's a really terrible sign when the players are moaning about his training techniques before the start of the season. At smaller clubs, Paul Ince won't be questioned because he is Paul Ince. In the top league, with (relatively speaking) very good players, he's being found out. I'm not a knee-jerkist but some people just aren't up to it at the top level and Ince is one of them.

Yes everybody has to start somewhere and I'm all for people cutting their teeth in the lower leagues but Ince ain't got it and his persecution complex is only adding to his problems.

NeilMcD
14/12/2008, 2:16 PM
Sure lets write him off already. Where has the patience gone these days. There is a whole host of decent managers who are being cut off due to views lke the one above.

Steve Bruce was woeful early on but is showing to be a good manager. Phil Brown had a terrible time at Derby County but now he is the flavour of the month at Hull.

barney
14/12/2008, 2:32 PM
Sure lets write him off already. Where has the patience gone these days. There is a whole host of decent managers who are being cut off due to views lke the one above.

Steve Bruce was woeful early on but is showing to be a good manager. Phil Brown had a terrible time at Derby County but now he is the flavour of the month at Hull.

I'm all for showing patience if someone is showing signs that they have what it takes. IMO Ince isn't. That's why Blackburn would be best served getting him out now and getting someone else in. It's better to sort these things out early rather than when it's too late.

If Bolton had persisted with Sammy Lee last season, would they still be a Premiership team?

Had Southampton persisted with Stuart Gray in 2001 would they have stayed up that year?

Had Wigan stuck by Chris Hutchings last season, where would they be?

Being patient with someone is not the key to success if that person is not right for the job. That's not just knee jerkist or reactionary. It's the harsh reality of professional sport especially when you have at stake the millions that come with Premiership participation.

All signs so far to me, from the moaning about his training methods to the performances on the pitch suggest that Ince is not cut out for management at this level.

shakermaker1982
14/12/2008, 7:53 PM
Blackburn should give Ince till the end of the month at least. If their run of defeats continues then at least a new manager has a month to review the squad and make additions where necessary. I still think he should be given time but the PL does not have patience - there is always some hack willing to stick the knife in. Anybody think losing Friedal has anything to do with their recent struggles? Top class goalkeeper replaced with Paul Robinson has surely done them some harm.

Hughes is struggling as well and by the looks of things I don't think he has much say in who gets brought in. I think given time (plus allowed to do the job he wants) Hughes can make Man City a success but if the tabloids start to stir up crap then it's going to be an uphill struggle.

bennocelt
15/12/2008, 11:44 AM

yeah i agree here, Ince virtually saved Macca from relegation - which IMHO was one of the best managerial jobs done that season considering how far off the pace they were when he arrived.

I would give him time - but Hughes still left a lot of rubbish behind him (and what a great job he did with them too!)- and it takes a manager at least a year before he gets rid of the dead wood and stamps his own impression on the team.
(having said that I did back BLK to be relegated at start of season at 11/1 - also have charlton at 18/1!!!!!! :))

Hughes is a good manager but i still wonder why he left one crap mid table team for another - and wonder if he has a real saying in the transfers -

lionelhutz
15/12/2008, 11:56 AM
Blackburn should give Ince till the end of the month at least. If their run of defeats continues then at least a new manager has a month to review the squad and make additions where necessary. I still think he should be given time but the PL does not have patience - there is always some hack willing to stick the knife in. Anybody think losing Friedal has anything to do with their recent struggles? Top class goalkeeper replaced with Paul Robinson has surely done them some harm.

Hughes is struggling as well and by the looks of things I don't think he has much say in who gets brought in. I think given time (plus allowed to do the job he wants) Hughes can make Man City a success but if the tabloids start to stir up crap then it's going to be an uphill struggle.

Definitely. I watch BBurn every time they're live cos the gfriend is a fan and Robinson is truly awful. He's been at fault for so many goals they've conceded this year and the defence look very nervy with him behind them.

Friedel is one of the top 3 keepers in the PL IMO and was brilliant with BBurn. I've no doubt if Friedel was keeper they'd have 10 to 12 more points at least

MikeBassett
16/12/2008, 8:44 PM
I reckon the Sheikhs at City will get sick of Hughes fairly soon. He's on thin ice.

Pompey need to get rid of Tony Adams, the lad is a complete tool. Wouldn't be surprised if they got relegated

John83
16/12/2008, 9:39 PM
Definitely. I watch BBurn every time they're live cos the gfriend is a fan and Robinson is truly awful. He's been at fault for so many goals they've conceded this year and the defence look very nervy with him behind them.
I really doubt Robinson would be considered a Premiership keeper if he wasn't English.

seanfhear
16/12/2008, 10:15 PM
I really doubt Robinson would be considered a Premiership keeper if he wasn't English.
I could not understand why blackburn did not fight tooth and nail to keep Brad Friedel.
It was a good bit of business by Martin o' Neill to bring him to Villa.
I wonder if Ince had any say in that transfer or was it a fait accompli before his arrival.

Noelys Guitar
21/12/2008, 3:00 PM
City looked woeful today. No spirit and some very unhappy looking players. Sparky is living on borrowed time in this job.

L37Ultra
26/12/2008, 6:36 PM
City looked woeful today. No spirit and some very unhappy looking players. Sparky is living on borrowed time in this job.

What a difference a few days makes :D