PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Players

Pages : [1] 2

Lamper.sffc
12/12/2008, 4:53 PM
Sporting looking to sign Pat's Gary O Neil, Boh's Thomas Heary, Galway's Gary Rogers and Drogheda's Shauna Maher

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ambitious-sporting-lead-race-to-sign-oneill-1570499.html

Just wondering what some of the fans from each club involved thought of these players.

sadloserkid
12/12/2008, 4:58 PM
From what little I've seen of them all they'd all be good first division signings. Possibly pricey too though.

Dodge
12/12/2008, 4:58 PM
O'Neill's a great workhorse. Brilliant at keeping the ball up and a handful for any defender. Doesn't score enough at the top level though, and has been injured every season I can remember.

He's been offered a deal by Pats (less money than last year)

L37Ultra
15/12/2008, 2:06 PM
If, Fingal sign those players and keep their current squad, I think they will walk the First Division next season.

Black and White
03/01/2009, 8:41 PM
What players are Fingal keeping from last seasons squad??has there been any word yet??

And how many of our released players are joining ye??;)
Heard a rumour that ye are talking to Ben Whelehan, Jamie Duffy and Ian Ryan!!

Lamper.sffc
04/01/2009, 1:00 AM
What players are Fingal keeping from last seasons squad??has there been any word yet??

And how many of our released players are joining ye??;)
Heard a rumour that ye are talking to Ben Whelehan, Jamie Duffy and Ian Ryan!!

Wouldnt mind a few.

Has been really quiet. Hoping for a few in january. Not much info coming out of club about current squad either. Actually not much info about anything coming from the club.:(

Sporting Man
08/01/2009, 2:13 PM
Sporting poised to sign forward trio

January 7, 2009

Sporting Fingal manager Liam Buckley has been linked with moves for three forwards – all of whom played Premier Division football last season.

Sporting are regarded as one of the most ambitious sides in the League of Ireland, having confirmed that they will operate off an increased budget in 2009.

Former Shamrock Rovers and St Patrick’s Athletic chief Buckley is intently focused on leading the north Dublin outfit into the top flight at the second time of asking, and will attempt to add plenty of firepower with the acquisitions of Gary O’Neill, Ger Rowe and Ross Gaynor.

O’Neill parted company with St Pats at the end of last season and Rowe looks set to leave Bray Wanderers after two years at the Carlisle Grounds.

Gaynor, meanwhile, is a hot property following an impressive second half of the 2008 season with Cobh Ramblers.

The 21-year-old County Louth man returned to Ireland last year after a spell as a trainee at English League side Millwall.

Black and White
08/01/2009, 7:08 PM
Are ye keeping that puff doyle??

Dunny
09/01/2009, 1:38 AM
Aw, do you want him?..:D:p

bellavistaman
09/01/2009, 3:30 AM
Gaynor is a **** hot striker, way too good for first division!!! Unbelievable siginig if ye do get him, i act thought it was already done!!!!

Black and White
09/01/2009, 11:56 PM
Aw, do you want him?..:D:p

Yeah you wish...whats with all the hostilities Dunny????:mad:

Lamper.sffc
10/01/2009, 7:38 PM
Are ye keeping that puff doyle??

Not sure. Hopefully all the rumours are true about some of the players we are going to sign which will mean we wont need him.

Sporting Man
12/01/2009, 9:56 AM
Darren has joined on lone and so far Eamon Zayed Gary O neill,Shaun Willams and Ross Gaynor are all in with Three or four more announced by the end of the week just need to tidy up a few bits before signing no major problems.

L37Ultra
12/01/2009, 11:12 PM
Darren has joined on lone and so far Eamon Zayed Gary O neill,Shaun Willams and Ross Gaynor are all in with Three or four more announced by the end of the week just need to tidy up a few bits before signing no major problems.

Very good signings for the First Division. I'm going sticking a tenner on Sporting Fingal to win the League anyways. :)

Sporting Man
13/01/2009, 1:53 PM
Word on the street is Doyle will be staying at his request. Dinny staying to i also heard Flood failed a medical and fitness test and intrested was lost in him and Rodgers also request to come back ????????????????:ball:

GalwayRed
13/01/2009, 3:48 PM
Word on the street is Doyle will be staying at his request. Dinny staying to i also heard Flood failed a medical and fitness test and intrested was lost in him and Rodgers also request to come back ????????????????:ball:
Floods already signed up with us for next season and has been since late december. Check our website and it will confirm it for you.

TheFingallian
13/01/2009, 4:14 PM

Rodgers is moving into coaching now though isn't he? Unless he wants back in a coaching capacity or a last paycheck.

Don't know why Doyle would choose to stay after all the supposed foward signings. He'd be limited to a role as an impact player surely.

Dunny
13/01/2009, 4:41 PM
Yeah he can warm the bench with his tights.

rambler14
13/01/2009, 4:44 PM
Are Fingal full-time??

Black and White
13/01/2009, 6:34 PM
Is there any news on what players are being kept from last seasons squad??

CSFShels
14/01/2009, 6:31 PM
Word on the street is you enjoy making up lies. I'd say the Rogers one is a lie too considering he seems more interested in getting a managers job.

Sporting Man
15/01/2009, 7:46 AM
Are Fingal full-time??

Yes all full time next season.

Sporting Man
15/01/2009, 8:42 AM
Floods already signed up with us for next season and has been since late december. Check our website and it will confirm it for you.

How can you say rubbish when he was out for most of the end of last season with ligament damage to his knee a problem that wont go away the older you get i know only to well and it takes a lot of rehab and training to get back to full fittnes and who in there right mind with all going in the league would sign a contract so early before checking out other options.

Sporting Man
15/01/2009, 8:49 AM
Are Fingal full-time??

Yes full time next season,They are using the ALSSA for training and also the NDSL all weather pitch.

GalwayRed
15/01/2009, 3:39 PM
How can you say rubbish when he was out for most of the end of last season with ligament damage to his knee a problem that wont go away the older you get i know only to well and it takes a lot of rehab and training to get back to full fittnes and who in there right mind with all going in the league would sign a contract so early before checking out other options.
Did you read my post or did you just see what you wanted to see? You said youre club lost interest in Flood after failing a medical and fitness test to which i replied that he has signed up for us and has been since December. Read my post and point out where i said the newsflash was rubbish. Unless you think the official Shels website is lying about signing up Flood.

Sporting Man
16/01/2009, 8:41 AM
sorry should have said that contact with flood was in early November maybe his injury worrys are behind him now.

GalwayRed
16/01/2009, 1:05 PM
The injury came in july during a friendly match with Leeds United. He was passed fit to play again in time for a match against Longford Town with some 12 or 13 matches left in the season. Although his form had dropped unsurprisingly after the injury he had been improving. Im a little but surprised that he failed a medical and fitness test at Fingal but there you go. To answer your previous point. Of course I expect players to look around for the best options availible. I was just pointing out that he is our player now and signed back with us around December 23rd.

briancool21
16/01/2009, 5:18 PM
hope ye don't go the way of shelbourne i.e. chasing the dream and falling flat on yer faces

paudie
18/01/2009, 1:11 AM
Genuine question. Where is the club's money coming from? The budget is obviously coming from more than projected gate receipts.

Lamper.sffc
18/01/2009, 1:40 AM
Genuine question. Where is the club's money coming from? The budget is obviously coming from more than projected gate receipts.

Good sponsorship deals and nice mr Gannon. He is a very wealthy man who is backing fingal.

drummerboy
18/01/2009, 10:22 AM
Hasn't Mr Gannon got a lot of involvement in Anglo Irish Bank?

Lamper.sffc
18/01/2009, 3:57 PM
Hasn't Mr Gannon got a lot of involvement in Anglo Irish Bank?

I dont know to be honest.

Sporting Man
19/01/2009, 7:51 AM
Sporting have signed Stephen Pasley Former Man City and Pats Center Half, heard he was good any Opinions.

rambler14
19/01/2009, 11:33 AM
Sporting have signed Stephen Pasley Former Man City and Pats Center Half, heard he was good any Opinions.

With a question like that you can tell Sporting Fingal and their "fans" havn't been around very long!

Lamper.sffc
19/01/2009, 4:50 PM
With a question like that you can tell Sporting Fingal and their "fans" havn't been around very long!

Your right we hav nt. I thought it was common knowledge that we are a new club. I guess you dont follow the league too closely. We where formed towards the end of 2007. We are in existence for about a year now. Any more info you need dont hesitate to ask. Im only glad to help.;)

Lamper.sffc
19/01/2009, 4:53 PM
Im guessing sportingman is looking for the opinions of the people who know the best. That would be the supporters who watched him week in week out at Pats games.

Martinho II
19/01/2009, 8:38 PM

paiso was a very good defender when he played with us.. in the 2005 season he scored in the setanta cup and was second top scorer with five goals i think.. it all went pear shaped when he said verbally that he was stayin with us but left us a week before the 2007 season to go to pats.. ever since then we have given him grief whenever he plays against us.. but of respect in the sean prunty testimonial we didnt boo him when he came back to longford...

TheFingallian
19/01/2009, 11:32 PM

Meh, at least we are around. What matters in the end. More fans.

Lamper.sffc
19/01/2009, 11:51 PM
paiso was a very good defender when he played with us.. in the 2005 season he scored in the setanta cup and was second top scorer with five goals i think.. it all went pear shaped when he said verbally that he was stayin with us but left us a week before the 2007 season to go to pats.. ever since then we have given him grief whenever he plays against us.. but of respect in the sean prunty testimonial we didnt boo him when he came back to longford...

Cheers man

Sporting Man
20/01/2009, 8:07 AM
Im guessing sportingman is looking for the opinions of the people who know the best. That would be the supporters who watched him week in week out at Pats games.

Thank you Lamper.

Lamper.sffc
20/01/2009, 12:28 PM
Thank you Lamper.
No probs

Lamper.sffc
27/01/2009, 1:38 PM
Things have gone a bit quiet again. Any news on any more signings or have we news on who is staying from last year. I have nt heard many rumours about any of our squad going to anyone else. So hoping this is a good sign that we keep the majority of our good players.

Sporting Man
28/01/2009, 8:20 AM
Doyle put pen to paper over the weekend,Dinny,Fiachra,and caffery i here are staying. I heard a Williams offered to stay but was turned down other than that its been very quite. i still think its the calm before the storm i think there will be lots to talk about accross the board next week.

Lamper.sffc
28/01/2009, 9:48 AM
Just so i can get it straight.

We have Confirmed:

Robbie Doyle
Darren Quigley (loan)
Eamon Zayed
Gary O Neil
Shaun Williams
Ross Gaynor
Stephen Paisley
Shane Mc Faul
Shaun Maher

And it looks likely:

Danniel Corcoran, Paul Caffrey and Fiachra McArdle will sign

Martinho II
28/01/2009, 8:07 PM
Just so i can get it straight.

We have Confirmed:

Robbie Doyle
Darren Quigley (loan)
Eamon Zayed
Gary O Neil
Shaun Williams
Ross Gaynor
Stephen Paisley
Shane Mc Faul
Shaun Maher

And it looks likely:

Danniel Corcoran, Paul Caffrey and Fiachra McArdle will sign

it was in star on sunday last sunday that alan kirby was supposed to be signin for ye guys

Lamper.sffc
28/01/2009, 10:28 PM
it was in star on sunday last sunday that alan kirby was supposed to be signin for ye guys

Cheers.

Didnt see that one. Is it confirmed yet i wonder. Maybe sporting man can shed some light.

Sporting Man
29/01/2009, 8:48 AM
Have not heard anything on Alan but ill keep my ear to the ground,also for winning event team of the year we were awarded 4 stars the best in three seasons with one fine for a flare we all know brought in,we recived a 12k sub grant from FAI for this witch the club gave %100 to the North Dublin schools leauge Acadamy(NDSL). nice touch i think.:)

Lamper.sffc
29/01/2009, 3:59 PM
Have not heard anything on Alan but ill keep my ear to the ground,also for winning event team of the year we were awarded 4 stars the best in three seasons with one fine for a flare we all know brought in,we recived a 12k sub grant from FAI for this witch the club gave %100 to the North Dublin schools leauge Acadamy(NDSL). nice touch i think.:)

That was decent of sporting. Keep up the good work.

Jofspring
03/02/2009, 10:52 AM

Fairplay to Sporting. I know most people will say they have plenty of money so its not a big deal to them but they didn't have to give away that money and its a nice few bob too. Well Done :D

blue til i die
03/02/2009, 2:46 PM
Yeh, Kirby def signing for Fingal. Very good signing.