PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Murray

thecorner
05/11/2003, 8:49 PM
we all know that he hasnt got what he thinks but i suppose he is only filling a gap

when flynny is fully fit, hopefully doyler will move back to the right with colin t going back into the middle

A face
05/11/2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
we all know that he hasnt got what he thinks but i suppose he is only filling a gap

when flynny is fully fit, hopefully doyler will move back to the right with colin t going back into the middle

he had a nightmare the other night .... brutal.

Ozymandias
06/11/2003, 9:51 AM
I think the guy is a good centre half...better than derek....
move him back there and play benno in midfield

tiktok
06/11/2003, 10:07 AM
I'm really slow to attack the lad, he has improved with games and i thought he played well enough on tuesday.

We all know the facts, he's a centre half, he's out of his depth in the top flight for now, we have Benno warming the bench.

The problem is that we've got a seriously promising young lad who is now having the crowd turn against him. This is down to Dolan, Murray gets picked, he goes out and does his best, he's not at the required level YET, but he will be. What's he going to do, say he won't play. We can see the Gulf, Dolan should too, before a promising young player is ruined.

niamh
06/11/2003, 10:15 AM
Agreed. Is Dolan's job to make sure it is ready for this level and if he can't see the problem with Bennett on the bench, you'd have to wonder...

Éanna
06/11/2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
I'm really slow to attack the lad, he has improved with games and i thought he played well enough on tuesday.

We all know the facts, he's a centre half, he's out of his depth in the top flight for now, we have Benno warming the bench.

The problem is that we've got a seriously promising young lad who is now having the crowd turn against him. This is down to Dolan, Murray gets picked, he goes out and does his best, he's not at the required level YET, but he will be. What's he going to do, say he won't play. We can see the Gulf, Dolan should too, before a promising young player is ruined.
couldn't agree more. His confidence will suffer if people get on his back, which is inevitable if he keeps playing centre-mid

Ozymandias
06/11/2003, 11:57 AM
Murray isn't up to it...his best work is done without the bal..spoiling and whatever....What he does have though is an excellent atitude to the game and always gives his all...just not good enough at the mo for midfield...

Move him back...If this lad is lost to city then it will be Dolans fault as you can't blame the fans for getting at him when they know we have a better otion on the bench

I believe Murray will be a quality player but at centre half

liamon
06/11/2003, 12:24 PM
Leave the kid alone. He's out of position, but he's doing his best.
And I think he is getting better as time passes. In a few years, he'll be an excellent player, as long as he keeps getting matches.

I guess Dolan doesn't want to drop Derek/Dan, so feels midfield might be a good option for K Murray. It's not Murrays fault he's out there and looking a bit lost.

patsh
06/11/2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by liamon
I guess Dolan doesn't want to drop Derek/Dan, so feels midfield might be a good option for K Murray. It's not Murrays fault he's out there and looking a bit lost.
Well, I reckon he will get the chance to play in his correct position n Friday night. Dolan will play him at centre back, as he did in the last game against SR,
so the team I think will be
Mickey D
Hoggie (if fit, else Carey), Derek, K. Murray, Billy
ColinT, Benno, Conor, Kearney
George, Doyler

liamon
06/11/2003, 1:13 PM
I'd prefer to see Greg play instead of Conor.

joe
06/11/2003, 1:17 PM
pity he's suspended so

patsh
06/11/2003, 2:46 PM
Both Dan and Greg are suspended for Friday night.
Thats why I posted the team as above.

Eric
07/11/2003, 4:07 PM
Kevin Murray is ****

Counting Crow
07/11/2003, 10:58 PM
Eric.....you are totaly out of order.

Kevin Murray is not s****. He is a young lad learning his trade and being given the opportunity by a manager brave enough to take a chance.

Sure he has had some poor games but so does every other player in the League.

Murray will come out of this season a stonger and better player and I predict he will be a conerstone of City Teams in years to come.

Back off and give the guy a break.

tiktok
07/11/2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Eric
Kevin Murray is ****

well done! that's a great attitude to have toward a kid, thrown in at the deep end, doing his best.

as i said before, he's getting picked when he's not ready to play centre midfield in the top flight, that's down to the manager.

yours is the type of attitude that'll go back to the kid and hurt his confidence beyond the bruising it's no doubt already taking.

Counting Crow
07/11/2003, 11:16 PM
Got a lift home in a cab tonight from the game and the driver was K. Murray's uncle.

He said what Dolan is doing for the likes of Murray ( building up his confidence, protecting him from the likes of Eric etc who just shower abuse at him ) is unbelievable.

Dolan is such a motivator that the kids run out really believing in themselves.

My guess is that they would run through the dressing room door for him..........tonight was a prime example......... 2 minutes into added time. Lesser teams ( and certainly kids ) would have given up the ghost.

Well done City and Dolan.

thecorner
08/11/2003, 1:48 AM
its a load of bullsh!t

how can building of confindence is playing sh!t every week ill never know

tell k. murray go to ramblers

sorry crow

Counting Crow
08/11/2003, 8:21 AM
Corner .... the Turbo lads must have given you some hard time last night..........reading your threads, you're like a bear with a sore paw;)

The guy ( Murray ) deserves a chance.

It's not all about whipping guys off every time they kick a ball astray or dropping them at the drop of a hat. This is the season to be giving these youngsters their chance.

If we applied the logic of dropping players every time they have a bad game we'd have run out of players by July.........:D

If those guys keep giving you a hard time just let me know;)

A face
08/11/2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by thecorner

how can building of confindence is playing sh!t every week ill never know

What do you call a spade again ...... aahh ...... aammhh ........ eerr ...... Oh yeah .... a spade.

The guy is brutal where he is .... I am not attacking him. Good to see a good attitude and all. Maybe he is good in the back four .... but where he is right now ... he aint doing the biz. Kevin .... you should be on the bench.

SSS
08/11/2003, 6:04 PM
What is clever about letting a young guy learn the trade as a central midfielder in the first team the season after he excelled as a centre back in the U21 team??

Let him build his confidence in the U21 midfield first for f*** sake.

Mulconroy is rotting in the U21's - a much better midfielder than KM is at the moment.

thecorner
08/11/2003, 6:31 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
If we applied the logic of dropping players every time they have a bad game we'd have run out of players by July.........:D

understand what you are saying but nurray has been copnstantly under-performing

you can only take so much of it.

p.s. the turbo lads are now corner boys id say