PDA

View Full Version : If we dont get a license ...

A face
10/12/2008, 9:17 PM
If we dont get a license, do we go to the first division or to the A league?

micls
10/12/2008, 9:18 PM
I dunno.
Depends on the reason we dont get a license I suppose.

If its something only needed for a premier license then the first division. If its needed for any license then the A championship I suppose

sligoman
10/12/2008, 9:29 PM
I thought it was likely ye will get one? Or have I missed something that has cast doubt over it?

noby
11/12/2008, 7:23 AM
If we dont get a license, do we go to the first division or to the A league?

If ye don't get a Premier licence, ye have to get a first division licence to take part in the first division.
Not having a go, but if a club doesn't get a premier licence for, say, non-payment of players wages, then I don't see why they should get a first division licence - it kind of sends out the wrong message. Hopefully ye'll get some sort of licence anyway.

tiktok
11/12/2008, 8:22 AM
I've never believed that we'd get a Premier Licence since we went into Examinership.
If we owe back wages to players we shouldn't get one, the rules are clear enough. Shels got a first division licence in (what I believe were) similar circumstances, but the vote to give them the licence was a split one, 'A' Championship might not be that far off IMO.

It'll be interesting to see the reaction from those who've bought season tickets if we're relegated.

gufct
11/12/2008, 9:16 AM
i presume ye have all seen this (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=35247). I was talking to Dave Barry the night of our game against Finn Harps and he was very sceptical about your new honours credentials.

HammerNThongs
12/12/2008, 12:50 PM
There has been a club statement posted up on the CCFC website denying that to be true.

As for the licence thing, if we dont get one, you get graded for a 1st Division licence I assume...if you fail that, you're in thick **** I guess. Would our A side be eligible for the First Division if that was the case?:rolleyes:

I have to say though, I agree with noby. If we are done for not paying players and then get granted a first division licence, it's a spit in the face of the First Division clubs, UCD in particular, who did everything above board and got shunted down.

All we can do is wait and see really I guess

don ramo
14/12/2008, 1:58 AM
at this point id say all premier clubs will have there licences renewed regardless, how many clubs broke rules, went into examinership, made players take wage cuts, ETC, whats that leave ya with

i wouldnt worry about it, if both or clubs are still around come the start of the season, well be playing in the first, and ye in the prem, otherwise twill be a very small prem, or small league for that matter

micls
14/12/2008, 10:21 PM
It'll be interesting to see the reaction from those who've bought season tickets if we're relegated.

I think itl be mixed. I bought mine last week, knowing the possibility was there.

Even if we're in teh A championship we're gonna need the money to stay afloat so I wont be too bothered. Id imagine others will want some sort of refund though.

Once I get to watch City play every week Im happy to pay the 200euro, priorities have readjusted a lot this season

shefellover93
19/12/2008, 10:27 PM
But surely if we don't get a license, neither would Drogs

I'm fairly confident tbh, the FAI would't want the best supported team in the country playing in the First Division, it's all about Money grabbing and backstabbing politics in that organization

rebelraider
20/12/2008, 8:02 AM
according to the irish examiner deal agreed with players to repay outstanding wages over six months if true good news

gufct
20/12/2008, 9:14 AM
But surely if we don't get a license, neither would Drogs

I'm fairly confident tbh, the FAI would't want the best supported team in the country playing in the First Division, it's all about Money grabbing and backstabbing politics in that organization

That has to be the most arrogant and stupid post ive ever seen here. Neither Cork or Drogheda should get a licence if the FAI apply the rules.

micls
20/12/2008, 11:31 AM
Neither Cork or Drogheda should get a licence if the FAI apply the rules.

Rubbish. If we sort out the backpay buy 31st of january then there is no rule stopping us from getting a license.

If we dont then we shouldnt get one.

corkboy360
20/12/2008, 11:53 AM
Why?:confused:
Have mine and I will be happy either way once there's a club to support even at first division standards i think 100€ is cheap.

RonnieB
20/12/2008, 12:01 PM
100 for the season ticket? Great value to be honest.

corkboy360
20/12/2008, 12:04 PM
100 for the season ticket? Great value to be honest.
Well thats juvenille until December 25th it then goes too 112€.. ill be 18 in july so i qualify for juvenille but adult is around 200 but stand to be corrected

RonnieB
20/12/2008, 12:07 PM
Ah ok thanks. Still good value for younger fans. Wouldn't cover a few bottles of buckfast and twenty smokes ;)

corkboy360
20/12/2008, 12:09 PM
Ah ok thanks. Still good value for younger fans. Wouldn't cover a few bottles of buckfast and twenty smokes ;)
Ah well in times like this you should give up the fags and save money:p

shefellover93
20/12/2008, 6:45 PM
That has to be the most arrogant and stupid post ive ever seen here. Neither Cork or Drogheda should get a licence if the FAI apply the rules.

That's a bit harsh. We all know what the FAI are like so why be so angry when someone points it out. I never said that the FAI should break the rules, what I'm saying is that I'm confident they will.

I'm not trying to be smug or anything like that but in my opinion I think the club will do ok

don ramo
21/12/2008, 12:56 PM
if it was just one or two clubs id say the FAI would come down on them, but over half the prem teams broke the rules this year, so i would think more than likely all teams that qualified on the field will automatically qualifiy off it,

to much happened this year,

Dodge
21/12/2008, 1:21 PM
if it was just one or two clubs id say the FAI would come down on them, but over half the prem teams broke the rules this year, so i would think more than likely all teams that qualified on the field will automatically qualifiy off it,

to much happened this year,

What other club broke rules? There's no rules against cutting wages.

shefellover93
26/12/2008, 8:08 PM
Not all about wages, a club must have financial security to qualify for a licence, how many have that? Pats, Bohs, Sligo, Cork, Drogs, Galway have had problems last season and Shamrock Rovers before that. The FAI caused this problem, so I can't see them punishing the clubs for their mistakes, although when you put it thaqt way...

pineapple stu
26/12/2008, 8:34 PM
The FAI caused this problem
How so?

The clubs spent the money. Only other body you could blame is Platinum One.

shefellover93
27/12/2008, 2:15 PM
How so?

The clubs spent the money. Only other body you could blame is Platinum One.

I've explained all my feelings on the FAI in my article in IWOTO, I have it online here

http://www.freewebs.com/globalworldsport/latestmatchreports.htm

Just scroll down to 'FAIlures', I don't mean to advertise but I want to keep it to only one site

pineapple stu
28/12/2008, 12:49 PM
Don't think you show anywhere that clubs spending money they don't have was caused by the FAI though.

They're absolutely to blame to an extent for not enforcing licencing properly, but too many people use them as a reason to absolve their club from blame.

Student Mullet
28/12/2008, 2:17 PM
Some people think that apportioning blame is a zero sum game.

gufct
28/12/2008, 2:33 PM
I've explained all my feelings on the FAI in my article in IWOTO, I have it online here

http://www.freewebs.com/globalworldsport/latestmatchreports.htm

Just scroll down to 'FAIlures', I don't mean to advertise but I want to keep it to only one site

Its not the FAI's fault its the clubs who refused to live within their means.

Shiba
31/12/2008, 5:06 PM
Not all about wages, a club must have financial security to qualify for a licence, how many have that? Pats, Bohs, Sligo, Cork, Drogs, Galway have had problems last season and Shamrock Rovers before that. The FAI caused this problem, so I can't see them punishing the clubs for their mistakes, although when you put it thaqt way...

I say we will have no problem getting one.We had money problems alright ans hit it on the head before it got out of hand.All the players have been paid to date.As far as I know we are free of debt if not we are no way in as deep as Drog r Cork,Bohs etc.

shefellover93
03/01/2009, 11:17 PM
Its not the FAI's fault its the clubs who refused to live within their means.

But it's the FAI's job to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen, or at least make it very hard for it to happen. They should have taken the lead from the MLS which is in the same situation as us, not very well supported, competing against the EPL as well as other sports.

I say we will have no problem getting one.We had money problems alright ans hit it on the head before it got out of hand.All the players have been paid to date.As far as I know we are free of debt if not we are no way in as deep as Drog r Cork,Bohs etc.

I know, but the fact is that Sligo were in dire straits during a period of the 2009 season, not as bad as us or Drogs, but still, showed that the club isn't fully financially stable

In saying that I put full praise on SRFC for the job they did after their financial struggles, and hopefully the other clubs can pull through and the league can get back to where it belongs

soccerc
04/01/2009, 1:26 AM
But it's the FAI's job to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen, or at least make it very hard for it to happen.

one word - Arkaga

However, it is not the FAI's job to be mammy - that's the clubs' responsbility, jointly and separately

They [fai]should have taken the lead from the MLS which is in the same situation as us

wtf?

I know, but the fact is that Sligo were in dire straits during a period of the 2009 season, not as bad as us or Drogs, but still, showed that the club isn't fully financially stable

In your opinion

In saying that I put full praise on SRFC for the job they did after their financial struggles, and hopefully the other clubs can pull through and the league can get back to where it belongs

Where exactly does our league belong?

shefellover93
08/01/2009, 4:15 PM
one word - Arkaga

However, it is not the FAI's job to be mammy - that's the clubs' responsbility, jointly and separately

wtf?

In your opinion

Where exactly does our league belong?

A) I know it's not the FAI's job to mother the clubs, but they need to implicate measures to ensure the financial stability of the league

B) makes perfect sense, just on a smaller scale

C) Fine, it might be my opinion. But there's no doubting the fact that Sligo had financial problems last season

D) It belongs to be in the top 15 or 20 leagues in Europe, with clubs challenging for European qualification and financially secure

pineapple stu
08/01/2009, 4:16 PM
D) It belongs to be in the top 15 or 20 leagues in Europe
:D

Way to undermine your post in one fell swoop.

It's never been out of the top 30 in Europe (on 5-year averages) even with massive overspending. How on earth can it "belong" in the top 20?!

shefellover93
08/01/2009, 7:34 PM
I know it is at the moment, but it has the potential for being that high

pineapple stu
09/01/2009, 10:28 AM
It doesn't. At all. It'll sink back to 40th or so now that reality has hit.

A face
09/01/2009, 12:15 PM
It doesn't. At all. It'll sink back to 40th or so now that reality has hit.

Come Stu, he is one about if the league was run correctly and realising its potential.

pineapple stu
09/01/2009, 12:23 PM
But sure you could say that about all the other leagues then as well.

A face
09/01/2009, 1:04 PM
But sure you could say that about all the other leagues then as well.

I suppose you could, but we have got one thing in our favour .... a nations apathy and the possiblity of turning it around.