PDA

View Full Version : Aston Villa to bid £3m+ for Sean Scannell?

tetsujin1979
10/12/2008, 9:48 AM
Villa's been linked with Scannell a few times in the past
From March: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7313952.stm

Think I remember reading Manchester City were preparing a bid when Sven was in charge as well.

Would be an interesting move, but would he get into the Villa team?

third policeman
10/12/2008, 10:33 AM
Would be an interesting move, but would he get into the Villa team?

Probably not in the short term, but £3 million suggests that O'Neill rates him and recognises he is a player with exceptional potential. As a manager he is not renowned as a speculator or a man who makes too many mistake purchases. Could be a very good move for Scannell

tetsujin1979
10/12/2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah, people said 9m at the time was a waste of money for Ashley Young. Now look at him!

Sligo Hornet
10/12/2008, 1:12 PM
Yeah, people said 9m at the time was a waste of money for Ashley Young. Now look at him!

Not me!.....or the then Watford Chairman;)

Stuttgart88
10/12/2008, 2:30 PM
Now look at him!Now look at Shaun Maloney too :)

third policeman
10/12/2008, 2:47 PM
Now look at Shaun Maloney too :)

Forgotten about Maloney, but he still looks so good playing for Celtic (as did Miller of course).

Stuttgart88
10/12/2008, 3:00 PM
While I think MO'N is a great manager and Villa is a very progressive club, £3m would be a bit of a no-risk transfer for Villa. If it works out then it was money well spent, if not then it's not much money for a well-backed, well-run club.

I think it's important to remember he's only a kid and that we shouldn't expect too much from him at any club, Villa or Palace, at this stage.

eirebhoy
10/12/2008, 4:42 PM
Forgotten about Maloney, but he still looks so good playing for Celtic (as did Miller of course).
Looked good playing for Villa most of the time too though. O'Neill has just never given him a run of games in his career. Carew said Maloney was always the best player in training. Don't know what it is with O'Neill and Maloney but he didn't even want to let him go yet never gave him much of a chance for Villa or Celtic.