PDA

View Full Version : Jim Roddy for Bohs

SwanVsDalton
09/12/2008, 4:24 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/7773195.stm

Haven't seen this posted up yet, apologies it has. Not quite sure what to make of this story..apart from, maybe, wtf?!

holidaysong
09/12/2008, 4:29 PM
First of all I was like.. :eek:

But then I realised it was a different Roddy.. :o :D

SwanVsDalton
09/12/2008, 4:30 PM
Yeah, on second thoughts, maybe a clearer thread title is in order...

CMcC
09/12/2008, 4:36 PM
AGM last Monday :eek:

Flexy
09/12/2008, 4:57 PM

Haven't seen this posted up yet, apologies it has. Not quite sure what to make of this story..apart from, maybe, wtf?!
He must be getting paid a fortune, he gave up Chairman of Derry to spend more time with family, wonder will he try to entice kenny back to bohs. they had a great understanding together

irishultra
09/12/2008, 5:23 PM
**** i was like zomg roddy collins back in the bohs hotseat.

OneRedArmy
09/12/2008, 5:36 PM
He must be getting paid a fortune, he gave up Chairman of Derry to spend more time with family, wonder will he try to entice kenny back to bohs. they had a great understanding togetherA few corrections.

He gave up the role of Chief Executive of Derry City (Hugh McDaid was Chairman) to be Fintan Drury's man on the ground and winner of hearts and minds in relation to Platinum One's AIL proposals which we all know went down like a wet fart in a spacesuit.

He's now unemployed and presumably needs to earn like the rest of us.

To quote someone on the City forum, get in there Jim and finish the [insert swear word of choice]'ers off...

Longfordian
09/12/2008, 6:47 PM
Bohs have cut their underage programme to employ him as front man for the other directors who won't be too welcome around Dalymount by the looks of things.

mrtndvn
09/12/2008, 7:44 PM
He must be getting paid a fortune, he gave up Chairman of Derry to spend more time with family, wonder will he try to entice kenny back to bohs. they had a great understanding together

No they did not.

Tir Oilean
09/12/2008, 8:39 PM

Jaysus man you'd want to change the title the thread the Bohs lads will be having heart attacks!

CMcC
10/12/2008, 9:46 AM
Bohs have cut their underage programme to employ him as front man for the other directors who won't be too welcome around Dalymount by the looks of things.

No they have not. They let the head of youth development go. No cut to the underage setup afaik. Its business as usual otherwise so I hear. I'm guessing the other directors wont be there for very long so no front needed.

BohDiddley
10/12/2008, 10:25 AM
What's he like?
What are his achievements?
What should we be looking out for on the downside?

Krstic
10/12/2008, 10:40 AM
What's he like?
What are his achievements?

He likes Derry City.

He was a fireman in the past, therefore if you're looking for tips on how to burn down Dayler in order to get the insurance money to help you out of your current financial situation, then he's the right man to advise you.

Once a fireman always a fireman, so he might see the fire starting, put it out and balls up all your plans.

:eek:

BohDiddley
10/12/2008, 1:04 PM
Gosh. Did someone take your FAI Cup or something?

gufct
10/12/2008, 1:47 PM
Bohs Players and Managment living in La La Land. They have refused the wage cuts despite the fact that their club is in dire financial Straits.

Dodge
10/12/2008, 1:58 PM
Bohs Players and Managment living in La La Land. They have refused the wage cuts despite the fact that their club is in dire financial Straits.

They quite rightly pointed out that the same time that the club was looking to cut their wages, they were attempting to sign new players and launch very expensive supreme court proceedings. Bohs have only 12 players contracted for next year.

If I was one of them, there's no way I'd accept a pay cut so that they can sign Brian Shelley

pineapple stu
10/12/2008, 1:59 PM

His grasp on reality is limited.

If he were to get it into his mind that, hypothetically, Bohs to Harristown was a done deal and that it would increase your crowds to 10,000, wild horses wouldn't shake him of that conviction. He was head of the Platinum 1 AIL for a reason. He really believed all that nonsense.

El-Pietro
10/12/2008, 2:02 PM

If he were to get it into his mind that, hypothetically, Bohs to Harristown was a done deal and that it would increase your crowds to 10,000, wild horses wouldn't shake him of that conviction. He was head of the Platinum 1 AIL for a reason. He really believed all that nonsense.
he also thought that Drogheda went about things in the correct manner, and would be all for relegating sligo and promoting waterford or limerick for his AIL

hes a nice man but he has a strange approach to football

OneRedArmy
10/12/2008, 2:06 PM

Thats why he's perfect for Bohs.

Small, measured steps are no good for Bohs in their predicament. They need to hit one out of the ballpark and JR does big visions better than anyone.

pineapple stu
10/12/2008, 2:28 PM
I thought it, but I didn't say it. ;)

However, while this may be true -

JR does big visions better than anyone.

he's got an awful record of bringing his visions to fruition, which negaets your point somewhat.

Dodge
10/12/2008, 2:30 PM
I think it was his point stu...

OneRedArmy
10/12/2008, 2:37 PM
he's got an awful record of bringing his visions to fruition, which negaets your point somewhat.When you take Bohs current position into account, there is no (additional) downside possible as they are all in on a pair of twos.

The only way is up, therefore its a no risk position.

pineapple stu
10/12/2008, 2:52 PM
I think it was his point stu...
I think he genuinely means Roddy could be good for Bohs, whereas I'm mockingly saying they're suited to each other.

Unless it's really deep sarcasm - worse than you, like.

Dodge
10/12/2008, 2:56 PM
Yeah, maybe I was reading into it too deeply, but I genuinely thought it was sarcasm

OneRedArmy
10/12/2008, 2:58 PM
I think he genuinely means Roddy could be good for Bohs, whereas I'm mockingly saying they're suited to each other.

Unless it's really deep sarcasm - worse than you, like.

Yeah, maybe I was reading into it too deeply, but I genuinely thought it was sarcasmWhat I actually mean is that, frankly, it doesn't matter a jot who they appoint, as a Board consisting of Bill Cullen, God, the Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela and Barrack Obama couldn't get Bohs out of their predicament.

Dodge
10/12/2008, 3:04 PM
Bit harsh on Bill Cullen

passerrby
10/12/2008, 3:12 PM

Small, measured steps are no good for Bohs in their predicament. They need to hit one out of the ballpark and JR does big visions better than anyone.

jim always had a vision but it was always impaired slightly god bless him

pineapple stu
10/12/2008, 4:13 PM
The only way is up
I hate that phrase.

There's always a way things can get worse.

SkStu
10/12/2008, 5:44 PM
I hate that phrase.

There's always a way things can get worse.

but, after a series of bad events, the ways in which things can get worse are significantly reduced in comparison with the ways things can improve so, although the phrase is slightly inaccurate, it is a generalisation i have no problem with... ;)

Rovers1
10/12/2008, 6:43 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=35241

Not good news for Bohs

pineapple stu
11/12/2008, 12:10 PM
but, after a series of bad events, the ways in which things can get worse are significantly reduced in comparison with the ways things can improve
The bit in bold doesn't equal zero though. ;)

Plus, you've to add in the

I'm sure Bohs will find it

factor.

CameramanConka
11/12/2008, 2:07 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=35241

Not good news for Bohs

Jim'll Fix It :D