PDA

View Full Version : Lee not interested in Ireland recall

ruben_sosa
09/12/2008, 2:13 PM
Lee not interested in Ireland recall

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/latestsport/Lee-interested-Ireland-recall/article-530337-detail/article.html

Irish footballers are fast turning me off this sport.

paul_oshea
09/12/2008, 2:16 PM

yes, it has to start to turn ye off and give up tryign to defend it to those who no longer have an interest.

tetsujin1979
09/12/2008, 2:16 PM
He should be more interested in getting a recall to the Palace starting XI

tiktok
09/12/2008, 2:21 PM
Lee not interested in Ireland recall.

Trappatoni not interested in Lee recall either.

theworm2345
09/12/2008, 2:24 PM
I don't think Lee has a goal all season

happydays97
09/12/2008, 2:46 PM
He doesn't deserve a call up so no point even chatting about him.

zenokelly
09/12/2008, 3:06 PM
I don't think he's damn near an 8th cap.

And I won't be losing sleep over his comments there either.

Newryrep
09/12/2008, 3:17 PM
Bare in mind this is being reported in a newspaper so I wouldnt stake my mortgage on the accuracy but if it is true ......Jesus wept, do some people automatically become ******* when they become footballers or do they have to work at it ?

elroy
09/12/2008, 3:22 PM
Seems like he has a few issues with not making the team in the past........Ah well no great loss, cant say i remember anything in particular from his ten caps. Plenty superior options available. Still hate to see this sort of attitude from an Irish lad however.

paul_oshea
09/12/2008, 3:27 PM
does anyone reckon its because he is from galway? THere is a funny thing about "footballers" from galway and Mayo - whatever the code. Maybe just people from galway and Mayo actually :exclamation:

John83
09/12/2008, 3:37 PM
Bare in mind
Bear. As in keep. Think of a bear hug.

this is being reported in a newspaper so I wouldnt stake my mortgage on the accuracy
There are direct quotes in the article which look hard to take very much out of context, but there's always the possibility that either he didn't mean it 'like that' or he was trying to earn some credit with the CP fans and didn't think of the consequences. Footballers aren't typically all that bright, for all the numerous exceptions.

but if it is true ......Jesus wept, do some people automatically become ******* when they become footballers or do they have to work at it ?
I think the PFAI runs a course.

bwagner
09/12/2008, 3:40 PM
This guy is a uncle Tom ! i remember he threated us to play with the U.S lol what a clown ...News flash Lee no one gives a damn about you !

tetsujin1979
09/12/2008, 3:53 PM
I don't think Lee has a goal all season
Just the one, for Ipswich, in the League Cup in August. Hasn't scored for Palace since he moved there, and he's only started once for them
Going on what I saw last night, Shefki Kuqi is keeping him out of the side in the target man role

pineapple stu
09/12/2008, 4:04 PM
does anyone reckon its because he is from galway?
He's not really. He lived down the road from me and was a year ahead of me in primary school. Think he came to Dublin aged three or something. SO he's as much from Galway as I am from Kerry.

Hmmm...

irishfan86
09/12/2008, 4:10 PM
A year or two ago I was advocating that he should get in the side- I think he'd complement Robbie Keane very well.

Obviously can't defend comments like these, and given his lack of first team football you've got to wonder why he'd even be talking about internationals.

Given Trap's record of selecting players not playing first team football, he was due for a call up any day now!

There goes his chance to play Italy next year.

paul_oshea
09/12/2008, 4:21 PM
Bear. As in keep. Think of a bear hug.

There are direct quotes in the article which look hard to take very much out of context, but there's always the possibility that either he didn't mean it 'like that' or he was trying to earn some credit with the CP fans and didn't think of the consequences. Footballers aren't typically all that bright, for all the numerous exceptions.

Sligoman:

mypost (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bong.htm). UCD fans (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/nitpick.htm) again.

PIC :D

paul_oshea
09/12/2008, 4:23 PM
He's not really. He lived down the road from me and was a year ahead of me in primary school. Think he came to Dublin aged three or something. SO he's as much from Galway as I am from Kerry.

Hmmm...

Ok then, he is from the southside, so thats definitely the reason :D

charliesboots
09/12/2008, 4:29 PM

Hmmm...

Correct, did all his schooling in Dublin. Went to Blackrock college afaik and from what I know of him he's always been a cnut

DeNiro
09/12/2008, 5:14 PM
He's yesterday's man, not within a country mile of a recall. Let him play away in the reserves for Palace. Remember his debut v Norway in 2003, he nearly hit the Dart with one of his shots.

tricky_colour
09/12/2008, 5:22 PM
He will be shaving his head next.

amaccann
09/12/2008, 7:19 PM
"Irish has-been makes futile attempt to gain media exposure to bolster flagging career".

Why even waste precious bandwidth talking about this guy? As others have said, I can't seriously recall a single moment of Alan Lee, with the ball, playing for Ireland.

DotTV
09/12/2008, 10:30 PM
At the risk of sounding like I'm defending his comments, which I'm not, he may have just been trying to show Palace that he was 100% focused on their team. I mean this was in the Croydon Times or whatever so he probably thought it would be kept local.
I hope that was the case, because if it's not, then he's just a cyunt.

paul_oshea
10/12/2008, 8:53 AM
im remebering sitting in the east upper stands and i think he came on as a sub and did ok, think he did somethign around the 82nd minute to win a corner after some nice play on the wing. Why that sticks out i do not know!

Stuttgart88
10/12/2008, 10:53 AM
He set up the winner against Czech Rep in a 3-2 win. A Michael Robinson-against-Russia-like run down the right, defender slipped and I think Robbie side footed home a late winner. I also saw him at The Valley in the Unity Cup games.

back of the net
10/12/2008, 11:44 AM
he couldnt care less about playing for ireland and irish fans couldnt care less about his feelings on playing for ireland..so everybody is happy

not good enough..so no loss

Carrigaline
10/12/2008, 12:19 PM
For the record, Alan Lee has been out for the past two and a half months due to a hamstring injury.

Wolfie
10/12/2008, 12:30 PM
This Geezer is a useless toxic pork export we don't want to recall.

Bondvillain
11/12/2008, 12:11 PM

Ireland not interested in Lee recall.

fixed your title.

ifk101
11/12/2008, 12:34 PM
What a fool.

As has already been said he "threaten" to declare for the States if he didn't get a call-up years ago. Playing for your country isn't about self-promotion or self-gain. Probably was hoping to get talked about in the papers but that hasn't happened :D

number16
11/12/2008, 1:02 PM
Lads, have ye nothing else to do. You've jumped to a series of conclusions based on a "quote" in a local rag. Alan Lee is a 30 year old professional, struggling to get back from injury at a club which is struggling to make the play off places. He should concentrate on getting fit and playing at that level before anyone would even ask whether he "wants" to play for his country again. He hasn't been asked as far as I know?

paul_oshea
11/12/2008, 1:13 PM
Howse things Alan, fancy meeting up for a pint down in the nixer in croydon? Or the red lion in bermondsey?!

No one will ask ye if ye want to play for your country dont worry.

shelbourne1904
11/12/2008, 11:55 PM

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/latestsport/Lee-interested-Ireland-recall/article-530337-detail/article.html

Irish footballers are fast turning me off this sport.

Is this an error and should read
Ireland not interested in Lee

Carrigaline
13/12/2008, 4:02 PM
Scored the winner for Palace today in a 2-1 win over Doncaster.