PDA

View Full Version : Under 21's

Roo69
04/11/2003, 4:21 PM
The Under-21 match between Bray Wanderers and Kildare County goes ahead as planned tonight.

The venue is the Carlisle Grounds, and the kick-off is at 7.45pm.

A win tonight brings the Seagulls into the Quarter-Finals of the Dr Tony O'Neill Trophy, with a meeting with Cork City in prospect, possibly on Saturday next.

Not bad going considering we have lost 2 of our most promising players - gregg kilkenny to cruicate knee ligiments and daryl brack to a scolarship in the staes, who has picked up the same injury as kilkenny over there

Roo69
05/11/2003, 9:40 AM
Bray Wanderers Under-21 team have made it to the knock out stages of the Dr Tony O'Neill Trophy, with a 1-0 victory over Kildare County tonight at the Carlisle Grounds.

Garry Matthews got the winner with a cracking shot off his left boot, from just inside the 18-yard box, when only a quarter of an hour remained in the tie.

The Donie Forde
05/11/2003, 1:49 PM
QF: Cork City v Bray Wanderers @ Bishopstown, Saturday 8 November.
I think it's a 2pm KO. I'm sure Joe should be able to confirm that...

Donie

Roo69
05/11/2003, 1:51 PM
right as far as i know, this sat @ 2 bells.
I dont expect us to go any further but stranger things have happened in football. He could use quite a few of the young lads that are in the 1st team (Zayed, Flood, James, O'Connor, Lawless etc....) but it would'nt be fair on the lads who got us that far.

Best of luck....

joe
05/11/2003, 8:05 PM
Originally posted by Roo69
right as far as i know, this sat @ 2 bells.

2 pm it is

btw is the squad listing here (http://www.braywanderers.ie/showarticle.php?id=135) up-to-date?

Roo69
06/11/2003, 9:14 AM
Daryl Brack - Left for a scolarship in the states

Eamon Zayed - will not feature as his a 1st team regular

David Smullen - not with the club anymore

Micheal Roche - season over due to shoulder injury

Paul O’Reilly - season over due to achilles injury

Chris O'Connor - might not feature if he plays for the 1st team on friday

Greg Kilkenny - Season over due to knee injury

Colm James - might not feature if he plays for the 1st team on friday

Leighton Glynn - will not play due to disciplinary actions

John Flood - might not play if playing on friday with the 1st team but i reckon he will feature.

The rest of the squad are fine as far as i know

joe
06/11/2003, 1:58 PM
Thanks Roo

Roo69
06/11/2003, 2:04 PM
a bother joe