PDA

View Full Version : Doherty to Shels?

The Fox
07/12/2008, 6:57 PM
I see on the transfers thread that it is suggested that Kevin Doherty is going to Shelborne - does anyone know anything about this - we will need to sign new defenders at this rate if it is true. Doherty might not be the best defender in the world but he was ok last year

superfrank
07/12/2008, 7:02 PM
Ok?

He was outstanding last year. Easily our best defender.

Martinho II
07/12/2008, 7:09 PM
Ok?

He was outstanding last year. Easily our best defender.

he will be a big loss to ye.. he was a collassus for us in his two seasons with us.. looks like unfinished business with the club.. him sparky dean delaney and james keddy are all on second spells with the club now..

naoise kennedy
10/12/2008, 7:21 AM
I see on the transfers thread that it is suggested that Kevin Doherty is going to Shelborne - does anyone know anything about this - we will need to sign new defenders at this rate if it is true. Doherty might not be the best defender in the world but he was ok last year
this deal has been confirmed on the shels web site.. did we get anything for him ..

SSwanderer
10/12/2008, 9:16 AM
Big big loss.

Hulsey
10/12/2008, 6:37 PM
On the possitive side, Massey, Coughlan, Gough and Tresson are close to agreeing new contracts. Massey looks promising, Coughlan is already on a par with Kavanagh imo, and Gough and Tressons experience will be vital if we replace the outgoings with the kids

naoise kennedy
10/12/2008, 8:59 PM
On the possitive side, Massey, Coughlan, Gough and Tresson are close to agreeing new contracts. Massey looks promising, Coughlan is already on a par with Kavanagh imo, and Gough and Tressons experience will be vital if we replace the outgoings with the kids
.. but who have we lost.. skippy, pender, doherty,kavanagh,cawley,duggan, emeka,kenny, and i'm sure there's more..

The Fox
11/12/2008, 7:31 AM
Have we offically lost the others? Kavanagh, Pender, Cawley?
Because there has already been significant decrease in the wage bill if Doherty, Skippy, Duggan, Myler and Franco are gone? Is there need for more to go??

naoise kennedy
11/12/2008, 7:39 AM
Have we offically lost the others? Kavanagh, Pender, Cawley?
Because there has already been significant decrease in the wage bill if Doherty, Skippy, Duggan, Myler and Franco are gone? Is there need for more to go??
there was very strong suggestions that kavanagh,pender and cawley were going.. pender would be a hugh loss, the other two not so sure. Franco has not signed a contract with shelbourne, also what about mccabe..

Captain2007
11/12/2008, 8:49 AM
Webster,Shields,Zambra,D O'Neill,Fletcher,Coughlan,S O'Neill,Kelly,Massey, McNeill all in action this Monday 15th Dec Carlisle grounds v UCD, Top of Table Clash U 20's.

Hulsey
11/12/2008, 2:13 PM
there was very strong suggestions that kavanagh,pender and cawley were going.. pender would be a hugh loss, the other two not so sure. Franco has not signed a contract with shelbourne, also what about mccabe..

Was talking to a club official last week and Franco is gone, but McCabe will be back. Kavanagh is heading to Cardiff for trials

Seagull
11/12/2008, 2:46 PM
Webster,Shields,Zambra,D O'Neill,Fletcher,Coughlan,S O'Neill,Kelly,Massey, McNeill all in action this Monday 15th Dec Carlisle grounds v UCD, Top of Table Clash U 20's.
What time is ko?

naoise kennedy
11/12/2008, 3:00 PM
Was talking to a club official last week and Franco is gone, but McCabe will be back. Kavanagh is heading to Cardiff for trials
..any word on where franco is gone,, he was not getting his game at shels, has he stopped playing

KR's Post
11/12/2008, 4:02 PM
Do people not read the papers, the mirror had this yesterday:
Having reduced their wage bill by over 50% for the 2009 season, Bray
Wanderers parted company with five players over the weekend.
Central defender Kevin Doherty has rejoined First Division Shelbourne.
Australian Olympic goalkeeper Chris O'Connor and Romanian striker
Andrei Georgescu have not had their contracts renewed while full back
Ronan Ivory had declined the offer of a new deal.

Paddy Kavanagh, Ger Rowe, Derek Foran, Gary McCabe and Paul Dunphy are all still under contract. 12 months to run.
Andy Myler retired and Aiden O keefe rumoured to be travelling to Canada.
Coughlan and Massey (dane) have signed new deals.
Gough and Tresson are close to agreeing new contracts, and despite talk and interest from bohs and pats, Derek Pender is expected to sign a new deal later this week.

naoise kennedy
11/12/2008, 8:41 PM
Do people not read the papers, the mirror had this yesterday:
Having reduced their wage bill by over 50% for the 2009 season, Bray
Wanderers parted company with five players over the weekend.
Central defender Kevin Doherty has rejoined First Division Shelbourne.
Australian Olympic goalkeeper Chris O'Connor and Romanian striker
Andrei Georgescu have not had their contracts renewed while full back
Ronan Ivory had declined the offer of a new deal.

Paddy Kavanagh, Ger Rowe, Derek Foran, Gary McCabe and Paul Dunphy are all still under contract. 12 months to run.
Andy Myler retired and Aiden O keefe rumoured to be travelling to Canada.
Coughlan and Massey (dane) have signed new deals.
Gough and Tresson are close to agreeing new contracts, and despite talk and interest from bohs and pats, Derek Pender is expected to sign a new deal later this week.
It does'nt sound all that bad for next season,, we still have a good core of last years players..

Hulsey
12/12/2008, 2:45 AM

A lot of talk at the player of the year do that both Dunphy and Rowe will be leaving

BrayUnknowns
12/12/2008, 8:20 AM
A lot of talk at the player of the year do that both Dunphy and Rowe will be leaving

Rowe is gone, Sporting Fingal next port of call for him.... A few surprise signings in the pipeline from what i'm told.

naoise kennedy
12/12/2008, 10:49 AM
Rowe is gone, Sporting Fingal next port of call for him.... A few surprise signings in the pipeline from what i'm told.
.. Rowe no loss, hope we got something for him.. interested to see these surprise signings..

BrayUnknowns
12/12/2008, 11:03 AM
.. Rowe no loss, hope we got something for him.. interested to see these surprise signings..

I think Rowe had a hard time at Bray IMO, he came with a price tag (i know it was'nt the millions paid for players overseas) and i think it effected him. He had a slow start and he never recovered really, If he had of scored against Rovers (away) at the start of the season when he rounded their keeper and rolled the ball into the empty net only for a Rovers defender to clear it off the line i think we could have seen the real Ger Rowe. Great footballer with a smashing work rate, We just never got to see it.

Personally i'd like to see Mulroy and Kelly get a run together up front, yes i kno0w they are both young and quite small but they are 2 superb talents and both have a real eye for goal with pace to burn. It's the midfield and defence that i really think needs to be focused on. Doherty is a big loss and will need to be replaced ASAP. Hopefully Eddie and Bo have something up their sleeve ! I reckon it'll be an interesting few months ahead in the transfer market for every club in the league. Player power is now gone and virtually every club has had to slash budgets so unless players want to play LOI footie most will have to take a pay cut or less wages from new clubs.

naoise kennedy
12/12/2008, 11:13 AM
I think Rowe had a hard time at Bray IMO, he came with a price tag (i know it was'nt the millions paid for players overseas) and i think it effected him. He had a slow start and he never recovered really, If he had of scored against Rovers (away) at the start of the season when he rounded their keeper and rolled the ball into the empty net only for a Rovers defender to clear it off the line i think we could have seen the real Ger Rowe. Great footballer with a smashing work rate, We just never got to see it.

Personally i'd like to see Mulroy and Kelly get a run together up front, yes i kno0w they are both young and quite small but they are 2 superb talents and both have a real eye for goal with pace to burn. It's the midfield and defence that i really think needs to be focused on. Doherty is a big loss and will need to be replaced ASAP. Hopefully Eddie and Bo have something up their sleeve ! I reckon it'll be an interesting few months ahead in the transfer market for every club in the league. Player power is now gone and virtually every club has had to slash budgets so unless players want to play LOI footie most will have to take a pay cut or less wages from new clubs.
i agree rowe had alot of pressure on him cos of the price tag also his strike partner kept changing, any talk of gavin staying maybe he will partner foran in defense or maybe razor if he does'nt retire. Is daryl robson staying, he looked strong in midfield and again is pip coming back another option for midfield..

BrayUnknowns
12/12/2008, 11:16 AM
i agree rowe had alot of pressure on him cos of the price tag also his strike partner kept changing, any talk of gavin staying maybe he will partner foran in defense or maybe razor if he does'nt retire. Is daryl robson staying, he looked strong in midfield and again is pip coming back another option for midfield..

Well roumers going back last month was that Dundalk were after Whelan, but have heard nothing since. Foran is still under contract so he can build on a very good 1st season but he needs a more expierenced player alongside him, a bit of a bruiser if possible ! I'd agree, Robbo looked very useful and was doiung a good job for us until he got injured. Hopefully they re-sign him for next season, he's still only very young as well

naoise kennedy
12/12/2008, 11:22 AM
Well roumers going back last month was that Dundalk were after Whelan, but have heard nothing since. Foran is still under contract so he can build on a very good 1st season but he needs a more expierenced player alongside him, a bit of a bruiser if possible ! I'd agree, Robbo looked very useful and was doiung a good job for us until he got injured. Hopefully they re-sign him for next season, he's still only very young as well
.. maybe bo will come out of retirement and play along foran.. no chance..if we can keep most of last years players and pick up a few more experienced players we will be ok next year..

BrayUnknowns
12/12/2008, 1:32 PM
.. maybe bo will come out of retirement and play along foran.. no chance..if we can keep most of last years players and pick up a few more experienced players we will be ok next year..

Ah to only have Bo and Mick Doohan in their prime again :D