PDA

View Full Version : Third Level Scholarship Scheme

niallsparky
05/12/2008, 6:57 PM
http://www.sportingfingal.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=151&Itemid=1

Sporting Fingal F.C will launch its Third-Level Scholarship Scheme, in partnership with Dublin City University and the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown next Monday, 1st December.

Sporting Fingal F.C will launch its Third-Level Scholarship Scheme, in partnership with Dublin City University and the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown next Monday, 1st December.

Looking ahead to the launch, Liam Buckley, Director of Football of Sporting Fingal F.C., said: “I believe that this is a tremendous initiative. This compares favourably with what I have experienced in Europe and will hugely support our plans for long term player development”.

Sporting Fingal have recently completed their first year in the eircom League of Ireland, finishing third following an exciting chase for promotion.

Very positive news for Sporting Fingal.

HarpoJoyce
06/12/2008, 5:25 PM
I just noticed this on A2zsoccer

http://www.a2zsoccer.com/index.cfm/loc/2-1/articleId/F4BECCF7-CF5C-25CD-D6189D4F1147F358.htm

It looks like a range of organisations involved. DCU, ITB and the Dublin Airport Authority. Can only be a positive move by Sporting Fingal. If they can get a regular supply of talent by this route they might lay-off signing our players.

I was wondering, Bohemians had an arrangemnt with DCU previously. How will this new setup impact on that?

Lamper.sffc
06/12/2008, 5:26 PM
Heard this the other day. Really good news. Might also help with attracting new fans.

holidaysong
06/12/2008, 8:13 PM
Heard this the other day. Really good news. Might also help with attracting new fans.

With DCU being so close to Morton Stadium, would it be worthwhile having a DCU students go free for Fingal's first home game next season? I'm not sure if DCU has a high proportion of students from Fingal or not but it might attract some new fans..

Lamper.sffc
07/12/2008, 1:04 AM
With DCU being so close to Morton Stadium, would it be worthwhile having a DCU students go free for Fingal's first home game next season? I'm not sure if DCU has a high proportion of students from Fingal or not but it might attract some new fans..

It would definitely be worth it. Anything to get more bums on seats.

oldyouth
07/12/2008, 9:40 PM
Bohs tried that with DCU students last year....during exam week. It wasn't well supported from what I heard

Lamper.sffc
07/12/2008, 10:41 PM
Not the best time. Im thinking they may have other things on their mind.

oldyouth
08/12/2008, 8:15 AM
Not the best time. Im thinking they may have other things on their mind.
It would be cheap drink, if my son is typical of DCU students:)

holidaysong
09/12/2008, 1:22 PM
Why did they choose exam week to do it? That makes no sense at all..

oldyouth
09/12/2008, 1:39 PM
Why did they choose exam week to do it? That makes no sense at all..

A decision worthy of the FAI:D