PDA

View Full Version : Mick McCarthy - Only Irish manager left standing

Jacktheman
05/12/2008, 12:59 PM
Now had Mr sulk has left the building:D

Surely we should all get behind the great man as this team ( build up a shoe string budget) heads towards the bright light of the priemership.

I belive this is a bright, young team and with a bit of money spend in the summer they could be the new Hull.

Also and most important there is some great irish lads on the Wolves team / squad.

OwlsFan
05/12/2008, 1:00 PM
Owen Coyle at Burnley?

Dr. Ogba
05/12/2008, 1:04 PM
eh arent you forgetting one Stephen "Stan" Staunton - Assistant Manager at the mighty Leeds?

pineapple stu
05/12/2008, 1:04 PM
Jim Gannon at Stockport?

gustavo
05/12/2008, 1:05 PM
Plenty of Irish managers left standing in Ireland of all places , admittedly none as good as their English counterpart here ;)

Closed Account
05/12/2008, 1:19 PM
Joe Kinnear
Sean O'Driscoll
Gary Waddock
John Sheridan
Gerry Murphy

pineapple stu
05/12/2008, 1:26 PM
Fun thread! :p

Neish
05/12/2008, 1:34 PM
BTW: Mick McCarthy is English

smasher
05/12/2008, 1:36 PM

Surely we should all get behind the great man as this team ( build up a shoe string budget) heads towards the bright light of the priemership.

I belive this is a bright, young team and with a bit of money spend in the summer they could be the new Hull.

Also and most important there is some great irish lads on the Wolves team / squad.

Mick has had the privelige of having bought Sunderland's best value player over the past 4 years, Daryll Murphy. He cost 100,000 from Waterford Utd! Outside of Kenwyn Jones he is probably that teams best performer, when given a chance, by his unpredictable ex-manager.

OwlsFan
05/12/2008, 1:50 PM

:confused: I thought he was Japanese.

Torn-Ado
05/12/2008, 1:58 PM
He's from Saipan ffs.

back of the net
05/12/2008, 3:30 PM

Hi Roy

osarusan
05/12/2008, 3:49 PM

Right. I used to live near his mother Masako. Nice woman.

smasher
05/12/2008, 3:59 PM

No. But he would have some characteristics associated with them, eg honour to the cause, no flinching when a challenge presents itself!

John83
05/12/2008, 6:35 PM
No. But he would have some characteristics associated with them, eg honour to the cause, no flinching when a challenge presents itself!
I've never heard a Japanese man yell something like "Harty, Harty, that was f***ing s***e" so loud that pitchside mikes picked it up and it was played live on national TV.

I miss Mick. :(

sligoman
05/12/2008, 6:39 PM
Martin O'Neill.

rambler14
05/12/2008, 8:00 PM

I bet you feel like a right fool now!:D

HarpoJoyce
05/12/2008, 9:56 PM
Sam Allardyce started his career here.
He's an Irish Football Manager too.

Lawrie Sanchez.

OwlsFan
05/12/2008, 10:42 PM
Right. I used to live near his mother Masako. Nice woman.

Are they anything to the Masakos of Carrick on Suir ?

Sligo Hornet
08/12/2008, 12:29 PM
I bet you feel like a right fool now!:D

I think he needs to edit his username...."jackasstheman";)

Bluebeard
09/12/2008, 9:16 AM
Are they anything to the Masakos of Carrick on Suir ?

No, that's a different family you're thinking of - they're the family with the big car. The Masakos Osarusan was on about would be the Masakos of the Cross, that bought the pig of a Sunday morning on the way to mass off Paudge Keerley back a while, and ended up tying it to the gate of the parish Church the very day the curate was standing in, seeing as himself was off at Lourdes by way of the Leinster final in Croke Park. Didn't the poor pig break loose and get into an awful fluster and wandered into the church in the middle of the sermon. "God is with us now, as he is with us always" says me man the curate, and the pig bursts into the door. "He must be hungry so, considering the Sunday dinner is with us too!" shouts Billy Keogh from the back, and sure that was the end of any chance for religion for that week.

OwlsFan
09/12/2008, 9:31 AM
The Masakos Osarusan was on about would be the Masakos of the Cross, .

Would they be related to the Stations of the Cross?

Bluebeard
09/12/2008, 12:24 PM
Would they be related to the Stations of the Cross?

You're thinking of poor little Statia Sinnott, that married the Foley chap of the Cross that was no good. The poor lass was treated terrible by him, but never left his side to her death, a week short of his fourth anniversary, so they could have her funeral and his anniversary mass together so that there would be a big turn out, and a good time was had by all.

Sligo Hornet
09/12/2008, 1:05 PM
No, that's a different family you're thinking of - they're the family with the big car. The Masakos Osarusan was on about would be the Masakos of the Cross, that bought the pig of a Sunday morning on the way to mass off Paudge Keerley back a while, and ended up tying it to the gate of the parish Church the very day the curate was standing in, seeing as himself was off at Lourdes by way of the Leinster final in Croke Park. Didn't the poor pig break loose and get into an awful fluster and wandered into the church in the middle of the sermon. "God is with us now, as he is with us always" says me man the curate, and the pig bursts into the door. "He must be hungry so, considering the Sunday dinner is with us too!" shouts Billy Keogh from the back, and sure that was the end of any chance for religion for that week.

You're thinking of poor little Statia Sinnott, that married the Foley chap of the Cross that was no good. The poor lass was treated terrible by him, but never left his side to her death, a week short of his fourth anniversary, so they could have her funeral and his anniversary mass together so that there would be a big turn out, and a good time was had by all.

Bluebeard.......have you taken double your medication again?;)

Bluebeard
09/12/2008, 3:44 PM
Bluebeard.......have you taken double your medication again?;)

That car is a dog:)

John83
09/12/2008, 3:53 PM
That car is a dog:)
Oh, how the petrol wept as it howled.