PDA

View Full Version : GAA crap

leesider
31/10/2003, 1:00 PM
the way some of ye go on calling GAA "bog ****e" makes ye sound exactly like the Dubs....a bunch of ignorant ****ers!!

sure the GAA acted the ***** before but this anti each other **** from minorities on both sides is a load of ******!!!

you know ye could just get behind cork and support both codes!!

liamon
31/10/2003, 1:58 PM
Originally posted by leesider

you know ye could just get behind cork and support both codes!!

Not all CCFC fans are from Cork.
Tipp: the home of Hurling.

tiktok
31/10/2003, 2:17 PM
Originally posted by liamon
Not all CCFC fans are from Cork.

hear hear (again).

leesider, you've got lads trying to start a CCFC supporters club in UCC where they can bring in non-cork born fans...
there's no EL teams to compete with in areas like Kerry and Tipp...

there's no point turning aweay fans just because they're not from the same city/region as the team, sure what'd happen to Man United and Celtic if that was the case.;)

oh..and to keep the streak going...

Kilkenny: The home of good Handball.

Peadar
31/10/2003, 3:30 PM
Tipp: the home of Hurling.

It's called "Camogie" when it's played by women.
I'll rephrase that for you
Tipp: the home of Camogie

liamon
03/11/2003, 7:56 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
It's called "Camogie" when it's played by women.
I'll rephrase that for you
Tipp: the home of Camogie

Actually, I'm currently lobbying to have the women replace the men for next years championship. At least they know how to win trophies. :D

Peadar
03/11/2003, 8:22 AM
At least they know how to win trophies. :D

The women lost the All Ireland Final this year too.
Next year we'll have the footballers and the hurlers winning All Irelands, Cork City winning the Cup a month later and then winning the League. Big things to come from the PRC next year.

leesider
03/11/2003, 10:24 AM
point taken about the Tipp and Kerry lads........ye are all welcome!!

the point I was trying to make and what really ****ses me off is the attitude of the minority of supporters of both sports ie. GAA is only for boggers (when in fact it is one of the cornerstones of our culture) and soccer the garrison game (but they are quite happy to shout for english teams).

both types being *******s as far as I am concerned!!

now get a life.......talking to myself there by the way!!! ;)

Éanna
03/11/2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by leesider
the point I was trying to make and what really ****ses me off is the attitude of the minority of supporters of both sports ie. GAA is only for boggers (when in fact it is one of the cornerstones of our culture) and soccer the garrison game (but they are quite happy to shout for english teams).
some people just don't like gaaaaaaa. simple as that. I'd watch hurling the odd time on telly but thats it, and as an organisation the GAA rank up there with Fianna Fáil and the Catholic church for being horrible, backward ****ers.

James
03/11/2003, 2:37 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
the GAA rank up there with Fianna Fáil and the Catholic church for being horrible, backward ****ers.

hmmm croke park.. brand new spanking 80,000 seater stadium
FAI.. nothing

where do u rank the FAI then in the panthion of establishments
i reckon fair play to the GAA they have an organisation that has one of the best stadiums in europe, pitches all over the country , ppl playing their games in every town and village..

oh an Btw as of yesterday in Pairc Ui Rinn
WE ARE COUNTY CHAMPIONS :D

*hangover starting to kick in*

niamh
03/11/2003, 3:13 PM
How much are tickets for Inter-county matches these compared to previously? How much of their money have they out back into the small, struggling grassroots clubs of the game that kept the organisation alive for so long?
The GAA are interested in having this wonderful stadium that won't be used for several months every year instead of looking after their own.
As for the FAI, we all know why they have no stadium!!

James
03/11/2003, 3:16 PM
duno how much goes back or where it goes .. but the GAA for all their so-called backwardness manageed to get millions more out of the govt then the FAI or any other sports org in this country.

speaking for the club i used to play for (and new intermediate county champions :D), have received money from ~HQ for floodlights, dressing rooms and the development of a second pitch to deal with all the team training and playing on just 1 pitch throughout the now 8/9 month season..

niamh
03/11/2003, 3:21 PM
Well my local club has never got a penny from the GAA. They had to go to the government to get money for a new pitch. GAA only ever interested in the bigger, glory boys.
U just wait and see how your boys get on against the real Cork teams next season!! :D

Beavis
03/11/2003, 10:39 PM
I played for years at youth levels in soccer and GAA and the difference is massive.With soccer in Dublin you'd be lucky to change before a game in a rusty shed.Travel to play a crappy pikey GAA team and they'd normally have a nice clubhouse with a pub.

The GAA do much for the grassroots of the game.They constantly try to persuade youngsters towards their game through endless summer camps and training courses in schools.Granted the government do much to assist them,but this money is well spent on the entire infrastructure of the sports.They are in no way glory hunters who just want to show off.

I resent Leesider's opinion of Dubs and GAA...who fills Croker(and elsewhere) every Championship gamewe play??....and Hill 16(with the blue sea) is the best terrace in the world!!:D

NigeSausagepump
04/11/2003, 7:52 AM
Originally posted by Beavis

I resent Leesider's opinion of Dubs and GAA...who fills Croker(and elsewhere) every Championship gamewe play??....and Hill 16(with the blue sea) is the best terrace in the world!!:D

Spot on.

And its not just the fairweather fans who only turn out for the Dubs annual summer appearances in Croker. The recent Dublin club football championship boasted healthy attendances, culminating in a big crowd in Parnell for the Bridgets-Crokes game. Sure there are plenty of Dubs who can't stand the GAA, but don't lose site of the fact that there are many thousands of us who love the sports.

liamon
04/11/2003, 4:02 PM
Originally posted by NigeSausagepump
Sure there are plenty of Dubs who can't stand the GAA, but don't lose site of the fact that there are many thousands of us who love the sports.

Then how come you can't produce a decent hurling team? ;)

tiktok
04/11/2003, 4:17 PM
Then how come you can't produce a decent hurling team? ;)

i think it's got something to do with rovers latest initiative to roof the new stadium with high quality 'irish ash'. (all the fixtures are made by high quality 'scrap irish wavin').

dahamsta
04/11/2003, 4:45 PM
**** ****** **** ****ing ******* ******* ****** ****wit ******* ****head.

Fluent leesider that. Tosser.

adam

Macy
05/11/2003, 9:19 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
biggest sporting
More people actually play Proper football....

Beavis
05/11/2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Macy
Proper football....

You say support your national leagues,I can say you should support your national sport!

Whats the difference?there's not,its whatever your into

Macy
05/11/2003, 12:20 PM
No proper football actually has more people playing the game officially than the GAA....

I'd dispute the stadia issue - most wouldn't come close to meeting UEFA licence critea (it's even reported that Croke Park doesn't meet UEFA standards due to exit times). Most county grounds don't even have proper seats - just benches. Flancare p!sses all over Pearse Park in Longford for example.

Hill 16 isn't that big to make that much of a difference.

The GAA is just better organised than the FAI (which wouldn't be fookin hard) and has a better hype machine. It's better at getting politicians to cough up money, and the media laps up the big crowds whilst failing to report the ****e ones that all counties get in the league. Regardless, how many games will a county have in a season/year? 15? Average must be way less.....

Ultimately my biggest problem is their biggotted attitude to football - it's okay for the GAA to use football/rugby/cricket pitches all over the world for their game (and even use the facilities in this country for training) but it's not okay for us to use their grounds? Hypocritical bigots...

Beavis
05/11/2003, 4:17 PM
If were getting back to the use of Croke Park issue,the GAA'S grounds for refusing soccer's admission are perfectly ligitimate and aren't based on soccer being a 'foreign sport' but based on soccer being a rival sport.

Think of a youngster deciding which sport to choose between..does he dream of playing at the bleak and atmosphereless Lansdowne or the new,state of the art,booming Croker?

If the GAA were to allow soccer in,they would lose a major advantage over persuading children towards their games and therfore putting the future of their sports in jeopardy.

Shed End John
07/11/2003, 9:35 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
Yeah, but the simple fact is that, outside counties, it's now getting to the stage where even club games in the GAA get crowds well in excess of any soccer club showpiece. The Cork County Championship final would dwarf the FAI Cup Final.

How do you figure that Conor??:confused: While there may have been around 14,000 at the recent county football decider (Castlehaven v Clonakilty), this was an unusually large crowd explained by the fact that the fixture was something of a local derby. The last time a bigger crowd than that watched a county final was, I'm guessing, the Glen-Sars hurling decider of 1989 when 52,000+ crammed into Páirc Ui Chaoimh. Most county finals attract ALOT less than 8-10,000 in the gates - hardly figures that'd be higher than at an FAI Cup Final.

Macy
07/11/2003, 9:39 AM
over 15,000 at the cup final this year...

Shed End John
07/11/2003, 9:43 AM
Originally posted by Macy
over 15,000 at the cup final this year...

My point exactly, and nice to see the jackeens get done in for once as well.

James
07/11/2003, 9:51 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
The last time a bigger crowd than that watched a county final was, I'm guessing, the Glen-Sars hurling decider of 1989

Wrong
alot / most of the county finals i was at mid / late 90's had greater attendences then 14k
Skibb v Castlehaven final and replay both went well over 20k from memory as did many more (albeit most involving west cork teams)

Shed End John
07/11/2003, 9:59 AM
Originally posted by James
Wrong
alot / most of the county finals i was at mid / late 90's had greater attendences then 14k

And ALL of the ones I was at went considerably under 14,000:
Barrs-Piarsaigh, 1992 Hurling, c.11,000 at BOTH games
Barrs-Carbery, 1994 Hurling, less than 8,000 (even less again at the replay), to name just two.
Crowds of 10,000+ are few and far between nowadays, mostly because the standards, especially in hurling, are frighteningly low at club level.

Macy
07/11/2003, 10:01 AM
Stupid using county finals as an example anyway, everyone knows that bogball "supporters" are the biggest sunshine boys in the world anyway..... How many do those teams get for their league games?

Dodge
07/11/2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by James
Wrong
Skibb v Castlehaven final and replay both went well over 20k from memory as did many more (albeit most involving west cork teams)
Yeah but they are Cork Crowds so you can take 25% off straight away :D

Continue with your GAA arguement with my apologies :)

Macy
07/11/2003, 12:24 PM
Actually there's one thing I hate far more than the GAH, and even FF, it's the term soccer..... It's football, or association football at a push.......