PDA

View Full Version : League players on Facebook

Mad Moose
04/12/2008, 7:39 PM
Not sure if this will stay in here but it relates to the league and its the off season. I just added the Eircom League of Ireland group to my page. As with most of the Irish groups (Fans of Joe Duffy :D and even Tommy Tiernan's fans group) there isn't alot to it. There are a few players knocking about. So to see if Graham Gartland was the real Graham Gartland I viewed his friens. There's a hell of a starting eleven on there. It was interesting to notice locations and particularly those of Drogheda Utd. Faz is Leicester based. Not sure if he has moved there? and Simon Webb is Brazil based :eek: (maybe holidays).

Still it made interesting 5 minute viewing. Anyone else come across players on social networking sites?. And before anyone says Austin Friel. Yes I've seen his Bebo page. Yes Bebo. Dear god, as rubbish as his football ability but thats another argument entirely.

Rovers1
04/12/2008, 7:42 PM
i have a funny feeling this one wont last the hour ;)

Mad Moose
04/12/2008, 7:52 PM
i have a funny feeling this one wont last the hour ;)

:D

Well there's no reason it can't but it probably won't. Never known an off season so interesting actually so maybe this one can be forsaken.

Do ya know where Fz has gone to Rovers1. Always a big fan of Faz. Cracking player.

Rovers1
04/12/2008, 8:00 PM
Do ya know where Fz has gone to Rovers1. Always a big fan of Faz. Cracking player.

Havent a clue, id say he'll be back in England playing for a lower league club sooner than later

sligoman
04/12/2008, 8:32 PM
There's a load of LOI players on bebo.
Do ya know where Fz has gone to Rovers1. Always a big fan of Faz. Cracking player.Last update was himself and Adam Hughes in Azerbaijan trying out for a club:D.

Mad Moose
04/12/2008, 9:20 PM
Havent a clue, id say he'll be back in England playing for a lower league club sooner than later

That'll be Leicester City then. We have a fan of the foxes at work so I'll ask him to keep an eye out on him.

Mad Moose
04/12/2008, 9:25 PM
There's a load of LOI players on bebo.Last update was himself and Adam Hughes in Azerbaijan trying out for a club:D.

I'm more impressed at how ya managed to spell Azerbaijan so well. Many try, few succeed. Well if thats the case he deserves a poke on facebook for that fact alone. He may ner recieve it if he stays however.

Only seen Adam Hughes once or twice, once or twice live and once on TV and he was very very good. Good eye for goal too. I think one occasion was a 4-1 hammering of Cork City and he got amongst the goals. It was a great team performance.

sligoman
04/12/2008, 9:29 PM
Only seen Adam Hughes once or twice, once or twice live and once on TV and he was very very good. Good eye for goal too. I think one occasion was a 4-1 hammering of Cork City and he got amongst the goals. It was a great team performance.Hughes is a great player. Very under-rated when with us.

Pity he had to 'slip' in the shower just before we played Drogheda though, not respected by a lot of Rovers fans now.

holidaysong
That wasted a bit of time.. Found a few of them alright, it's not hard though as they're all friends with each other.

Longfordian
I'd say loads of them are on it. I've seen a good few of their profiles here and there. They're not exactly Premiership stars who'll be inundated with messages and friend requests. "They're just like you and me"!. Actually, what's funny is some of the profile pics, some of them are like wannabe Beckhams. Special word for Alan Kirby however who has a pic of himself in action for LTFC!. Top man.

Mad Moose
04/12/2008, 9:37 PM
I'd say loads of them are on it. I've seen a good few of their profiles here and there. They're not exactly Premiership stars who'll be inundated with messages and friend requests. "They're just like you and me"!. Actually, what's funny is some of the profile pics, some of them are like wannabe Beckhams. Special word for Alan Kirby however who has a pic of himself in action for LTFC!. Top man.

Yes indeed I did see that actually. His profile pic is of him in action for Longford Town. Gartland comes close though he has the shirt in his hand.He obviously liked that picture and its appropriate he should have the shirt off that he'll unlikely wear again.

thischarmingman
04/12/2008, 10:06 PM
I hate finding players profiles on Facebook or Bebo. It's harder to hero worship someone when you've read their profile pages: "lol out lst wkdn!!!! see the state a john on sat?! lol wuts da crak neway?"

The pedestal just crumbles.

Magicme
04/12/2008, 10:14 PM
It crumbles even further when you have been out on the beer with them! They become mere mortals. Shocking isnt it??

sligo23
04/12/2008, 10:29 PM
has anyone else seen anto murphy's profile pic on bebo?? now thats shocking:eek:

forza rovers
05/12/2008, 8:13 AM
has anyone else seen anto murphy's profile pic on bebo?? now thats shocking:eek:ya ive seen it:D

roversforever
05/12/2008, 11:43 AM
That'll be Leicester City then. We have a fan of the foxes at work so I'll ask him to keep an eye out on him.

No I wouldn't read too much into that, Leicester is faz's hometown. That's where he grew up after he left bosnia as a young lad!

Ash
05/12/2008, 12:31 PM
It crumbles even further when you have been out on the beer with them! They become mere mortals. Shocking isnt it??

Yep, after that never mind walk on water ... they can hardly walk on the footpath :p

CMcC
05/12/2008, 1:40 PM
Faz is Leicester based. Not sure if he has moved there? and Simon Webb is Brazil based :eek: (maybe holidays).

Webb emigrated there after the season finished last year. Think he needed to get away from it all after the time he had in his personal life for the past couple of years.

Martinho II
05/12/2008, 7:34 PM
does anyone know is simon webb playin for a brazilian club at all??

Mad Moose
05/12/2008, 7:49 PM
does anyone know is simon webb playin for a brazilian club at all??

Aye Gort Town. :D

Mad Moose
05/12/2008, 7:53 PM
No I wouldn't read too much into that, Leicester is faz's hometown. That's where he grew up after he left bosnia as a young lad!

That makes sense. Leicester to Sligo. Had that man any cop at all. :D I can't make up my mind which is worse.

Only joking lads.

Olander
05/12/2008, 8:00 PM
Jesus, Harps fans have a funny way of dealing with relegation :p

Mad Moose
05/12/2008, 8:05 PM
Jesus, Harps fans have a funny way of dealing with relegation :p

Virtual relegation. The joys of League of Ireland football. Nobody knows who is up or down!!!

brianw82
06/12/2008, 8:19 PM

Da dun-dun!

sadloserkid
08/12/2008, 10:56 AM
That makes sense. Leicester to Sligo. Had that man any cop at all. :D I can't make up my mind which is worse.

Only joking lads.

Totally off-topic but Leicester is a really nice city.

Mad Moose
08/12/2008, 2:39 PM
Totally off-topic but Leicester is a really nice city.

It really depends on what you consider to be really nice. To me its not. Its your typical sterile shopping centre streets, like every city it has good areas and really crap areas. Its pretty culturally diverse, moreso even than Nottingham which I consider to be nice in part. Leicester has never provided me with that feeling at all.

LukeO
08/12/2008, 3:31 PM
Not sure if this will stay in here but it relates to the league and its the off season. I just added the Eircom League of Ireland group to my page. As with most of the Irish groups (Fans of Joe Duffy :D and even Tommy Tiernan's fans group) there isn't alot to it. There are a few players knocking about. So to see if Graham Gartland was the real Graham Gartland I viewed his friens. There's a hell of a starting eleven on there. It was interesting to notice locations and particularly those of Drogheda Utd. Faz is Leicester based. Not sure if he has moved there? and Simon Webb is Brazil based :eek: (maybe holidays).

Still it made interesting 5 minute viewing. Anyone else come across players on social networking sites?. And before anyone says Austin Friel. Yes I've seen his Bebo page. Yes Bebo. Dear god, as rubbish as his football ability but thats another argument entirely.

Stalker.... Webb's been living in Brazil since he left Drogs.

Mad Moose
08/12/2008, 7:00 PM
Stalker.... Webb's been living in Brazil since he left Drogs.

Well thanks for that. I didn't know that ut maybe, just maybe, if I was a stalker I would know that and I might actually be in Brazil.How coming across somebody on a social networking site actually makes me a stalker well I'll leave you to answer that actually.

But now its cleared up.Simon Webb is living in Brazil since he left Drogs. I think that was the purpose really of my original query. Is he Brazil based. Thanks for answering it. The stalker suggestion may have been unnecessary however.

Martinho II
08/12/2008, 7:09 PM

heh heh nice one!!:D

sadloserkid
09/12/2008, 10:00 AM
It really depends on what you consider to be really nice. To me its not. Its your typical sterile shopping centre streets, like every city it has good areas and really crap areas. Its pretty culturally diverse, moreso even than Nottingham which I consider to be nice in part. Leicester has never provided me with that feeling at all.

Not gonna bother... you're getting defensive enough about Simon Webb. :D All about opinions anyway.

cheech
09/12/2008, 10:14 AM

LOL.

Nice tangent.

Mad Moose
09/12/2008, 2:09 PM
Not gonna bother... you're getting defensive enough about Simon Webb. :D All about opinions anyway.

:D

Very admirable that. Fair play to Simon Webb (whom I'm not stalking, honestly) if he's got a playing opportunity in Brazil.It would be interesting to see how it came about and at what level he's playing at. From Ballyhaunis to Brazil. I can see the Western People headlines.

I may have to poke him!!!! :D