PDA

View Full Version : League licence for 2009

Seagull
04/12/2008, 5:28 PM
I read in yesterdays paper that, apart from Drogheda, five other clubs, including Wanderers, had missed the deadline for paying back money due to players for last season and that this could result in the loss of a League licence for next season. Anyone have any info on this? The other clubs were Cork, Cobh, Harps, Athlone.

superfrank
04/12/2008, 6:02 PM
Apparently, the absolute deadline for all payments is January 31st. Don't know how true that is. Could be sooner but then again the FAI might just let a few clubs away with it. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

naoise kennedy
04/12/2008, 6:49 PM
Apparently, the absolute deadline for all payments is January 31st. Don't know how true that is. Could be sooner but then again the FAI might just let a few clubs away with it. Wouldn't surprise me either way.
License agreement rule states, quote: "The licence applicant must prove that... it has no payables overdue towards employees or Revenue/social/tax authorities as at November 30 of the year preceding the season to be licensed unless by the following January 31 they have been fully settled, deferred by mutual agreement with the creditor or are subject to a not obviously unsound dispute submitted to a competent authority."
......still trying to understand this ruling but i think the final date is jan 31st

Hulsey
05/12/2008, 1:22 AM
Was talking to a well respected official before the u20's game v rovers and he said everythings been sorted with the players and the story was a load of bull