PDA

View Full Version : €40 club draw a big success!

Estar
03/11/2003, 12:22 PM
Is it true County stand to make €250,000 or more profit. Over 9,000 tickets sold:cool:

Countyman
03/11/2003, 1:03 PM
I would say more like 50k profit. They only get half the ticket value while the prizes probably cost around €100k.

Still excellent money spinner.

We can use it to pay all our fines when we play Razor, Philly and Daisy in our remaining 4 games :D

irishstranger
03/11/2003, 2:23 PM
:D LMAO

LFC in Exile
04/11/2003, 9:38 AM
Originally posted by Countyman
We can use it to pay all our fines when we play Razor, Philly and Daisy in our remaining 4 games :D

Yeah, but you don't need a fundraiser to pay your fines. In the Greater Dublin area it only costs €250 a man. :)

Countyman
04/11/2003, 9:58 AM
We get that **** wherever we go and it bugs the hell out of me.

We are KILDARE not DUBLIN. We dont like dubs as much as the next guy from the Country even more so as they are pushing up the cost of our houses and moving into our towns while not contributing anything to the community. I have to leave my native town because the ****ers have bought up all the houses and pushed the prices beyond what I can afford.:mad:

Geography lesson to the rest of Ireland :

Kildare,Wicklow,Meath and Louth are not Dublin , Greater Dublin, The Pale or Dublin 25.

Just like Limerick is not from the Greater Clare area or West Tipperary area ;)

Estar
04/11/2003, 10:08 AM
I would say more like 50k profit. They only get half the ticket value while the prizes probably cost around €100k.

Still excellent money spinner.

9000*40/2-100000 = 80,000

As far as I know the club made 120k last year.

Estar
04/11/2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by LFC in Exile
Yeah, but you don't need a fundraiser to pay your fines. In the Greater Dublin area it only costs €250 a man. :)

From that TV programme on RTE last night €300 does alot of things in Limerick.

Newbridge is closer to the greater Offaly or greater Wicklow area. I know County have a few supporters from Edenderry.:p

Countyman
04/11/2003, 11:44 AM
Estar,

You can knock at least € 110k off that figure regarding the profit from last year. :(

they barely covered the cost of the prizes but it was still good for its first year.

If they sold the 9000 this year then €70-€80k would be about right.

Dodge
04/11/2003, 11:52 AM
We get that **** wherever we go and it bugs the hell out of me.

We are KILDARE not DUBLIN. We dont like dubs as much as the next guy from the Country even more so as they are pushing up the cost of our houses and moving into our towns while not contributing anything to the community. I have to leave my native town because the ****ers have bought up all the houses and pushed the prices beyond what I can afford.:mad:

Geography lesson to the rest of Ireland :

Kildare,Wicklow,Meath and Louth are not Dublin , Greater Dublin, The Pale or Dublin 25.

Just like Limerick is not from the Greater Clare area or West Tipperary area ;)
So what are you saying? You want to be known as a dub? :D

LFC in Exile
04/11/2003, 3:12 PM
I think we found the hot button. :)

All joking aside - Newbridge really is the Greater Dublin area. As you say yourself it is only a satellite town for the city centre now. It is as much Dublin now as Blackrock or Santry is. The people of Newbridge commute to Dublin city centre, just as the people of Swords and Dun Laoighre do. So to all intents and purposes it is part of the Greater Dublin area. If you asked people in Newbridge what they would like most from the government it would be a new road or new rail link to the centre of the city. So you might not think you are a Dublin club but really you are.

:)

phil is god
04/11/2003, 3:44 PM
My god that is terrible. You are obviously just trying to wind the good people of Kildare up.

Countyman
04/11/2003, 5:27 PM
Originally posted by LFC in Exile
I think we found the hot button. :)

All joking aside - Newbridge really is the Greater Dublin area. As you say yourself it is only a satellite town for the city centre now. It is as much Dublin now as Blackrock or Santry is. The people of Newbridge commute to Dublin city centre, just as the people of Swords and Dun Laoighre do. So to all intents and purposes it is part of the Greater Dublin area. If you asked people in Newbridge what they would like most from the government it would be a new road or new rail link to the centre of the city. So you might not think you are a Dublin club but really you are.

:)

ok ok ok....i see whats going on here. You got me. You have found my "hot button" :o

If I actually thought you were serious about what you have said above then I take back all I said about the good people of Limerick
:p

eamoss
04/11/2003, 6:15 PM
We (dundalk) had a €100 draw and only made €25k profit.