PDA

View Full Version : Mick O'Byrne was fantastic

Breifne
03/11/2003, 9:50 AM
I'm delighted for Mick O'Byrne after all the hype during the week on the official website and in the programme, that he had such a great game on Saturday, and the finish for the winner was sublime.

I thought the lads showed some great heart to come back and collect all three points, especially after Alan missed the penalty. with a trip to Galway this weekend, its looking good for the Vikings,

Premier Division here we come.

Maynard
03/11/2003, 10:48 AM
Yeah it was great for him to pop up with the winner in the end.
Have to say though that overall it was a poor performance, and that for about 70% of the game we were as bad as I've ever seen us. Really missed Sweat.
That said it was a great game to win and hopefully the confidence will be back now for the last four games, with destiny back in our own hands who knows!

pineapple stu
03/11/2003, 12:36 PM
Jayz...Mick O'Byrne - there's a blast from the past for you!

Could do with him back at UCD around now...

Sheridan
04/11/2003, 5:47 PM
Hi Breifne, nice to see you here. I missed the Monaghan game with a nasty bout of 'flu (first home match I haven't made since the Special Olympics break), but saw the goals on TV3 last night. To be honest, with all the strikers at the club, I didn't think Micko would get a look-in for the rest of the season (saw him outside the ground before the Cobh or Kildare game, and he looked miserable), but it's nice to have another option for the final push, goodness knows we've been wasteful in front of goal recently. Can't condone the continued absence of Barry Burke from the starting XI, though, the man's a legend.