PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Miller!!

SeanieBoy
03/11/2003, 8:27 AM
This can only be good news for Ireland.

http://www.a2zsoccer.com/news/content_generic.cfm?file=1214045

Should get in the sqaud for the Canada game along with A.Reid & Thornton.

tiktok
03/11/2003, 9:30 AM
fair play to him, that's a great piece of recognition for him and deserved.

He and Andy Reid should be definite starters in the canada friendly, give the lads a chance.

Junior
03/11/2003, 2:06 PM
It was actually young player of the month (pedantic, I know!!)

Also, Miller should be fit for another CL appearance (v Anderlecht) on Weds despite limping off in the second half of saturdays game.

All good experience for the lad.

Slash/ED
03/11/2003, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by Junior
It was actually young player of the month (pedantic, I know!!)

Also, Miller should be fit for another CL appearance (v Anderlecht) on Weds despite limping off in the second half of saturdays game.

All good experience for the lad.

Will he get a game though? O'Neil seems to want to persist with the unbeliveble useless Neil Lennon through thick and thin and as a result Miller missed out the last time.

John83
03/11/2003, 4:22 PM
Originally posted by Slash/ED
Will he get a game though? O'Neil seems to want to persist with the unbeliveble useless Neil Lennon through thick and thin and as a result Miller missed out the last time.

That's because neither Lambert nor Miller sit as deep as Lennon, who covers Celtic's less than reliable back line. As Lambert starts to show his age a bit more, Miller will get more and more games.

Junior
04/11/2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Slash/ED

Im hopeful he will start. Alan Thompson and Lambert are injured and Miller has played a part in most games this season whether from the start or off the bench. His ten minutes or so in Brussels was the highlight of the whole Celtic performance a fortnight ago.

As for Lennon I have to disagree, while frustrating at times, his role is fundamental in allowing a player like Miller to play to his full potential, i.e dangerous forward runs and supporting the attack as often as possible. Lennon has had some outstanding performances in the past few seasons, a number of which coming against top opposition in europe.

Now, before incurring the wrath of all 'true' supporters of football on an Irish forum, I'll say no more on the 'C' team and hope that Miller plays from the start tomorrow, the experience he gains will only help our national team in the long run.

Jnr

Lionel Hutz
05/11/2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Junior
As for Lennon I have to disagree, while frustrating at times, his role is fundamental in allowing a player like Miller to play to his full potential, i.e dangerous forward runs and supporting the attack as often as possible. Lennon has had some outstanding performances in the past few seasons, a number of which coming against top opposition in europe.

Now, before incurring the wrath of all 'true' supporters of football on an Irish forum, I'll say no more on the 'C' team and hope that Miller plays from the start tomorrow, the experience he gains will only help our national team in the long run.

Jnr

Well Miller was fantastic tonight, specially so when you think that he was picked on the right wing!
Saw enought tonight to think he can get even better, made a few mistakes and took the wrong option on occassions but that will all come with experience
I pray to god above that he stays relatively fit!
Was taken off again tonight and I hope it was only cramp again :(

As for Lennon.....the glue that binds the team, greatly underestimated by those who dont watch Celtic regularly

Greenbod
05/11/2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Lionel Hutz
Well Miller was fantastic tonight, specially so when you think that he was picked on the right wing!
Saw enought tonight to think he can get even better, made a few mistakes and took the wrong option on occassions but that will all come with experience
I pray to god above that he stays relatively fit!
Was taken off again tonight and I hope it was only cramp again :(

As for Lennon.....the glue that binds the team, greatly underestimated by those who dont watch Celtic regularly

Agreed on both counts and not surprised Miller got cramp. Haven't seen another player recently who covers so much ground.

NigeSausagepump
06/11/2003, 7:51 AM
Magnus Hedman described Miller after the game as the best 22 year old footballer he's ever seen. Admittedly Hedman may not be a world renowned talent spotter, but it's still high praise for the lad.

liamon
06/11/2003, 8:02 AM
Great performance by Miller last night. He had a good game at the w/end, but last night he was excellent. Good goal, nice timing of his runs and found plenty of space. If he keeps playing like this, Lambert won't have a place in the team to come back to when he gets fit.

I can't see him having a problem playing against Canada ater performances like this.

gspain
06/11/2003, 8:45 AM
Miller was brilliant - he has to be a regular come 2006 qualifiers if he continues to play like that.

This champions league experience will be invaluable for him. We don't have too many more playing in it - vonly Duffer and O'Shea.

Junior
06/11/2003, 8:45 AM
Superb performance, scored himself and created some clear chances for Larsson and Petrov. Work rate is superb and looks as though he's been playing at the top level for years, his composure and vision is excellent. As LH says hopefully it was only cramp he came off with in the 2nd half.

Haven't heard much on Healy of late, but a central midfield pairing of Miller and Healy sounds a lot more attractive than Kinsella/Holland these days.

It appears to have been a decent week for Irish players, with Duff also playing well in Rome. Holland and Kiely peforming excellently in the Charlton/Blues clash.

RK was outstanding against Rangers, unfortunately Osheas dip in form saw him dropped.

NB: Slash/ED - Did you see the game? thought Lennon was exceptional last night;)

Ozymandias
06/11/2003, 9:30 AM
Miller was class....looked to be the driving force for the whole team..normally petrov is the guy to make things happen but miller cetainly took that role last night...

Miller and Healy in our centre of midfield with thornton as well...the future suddenlt looks brighter....the soundings coming from sunderland are that Healy is playing super stuff for them as well and looks a class above those around him....

C'mon the rebels.....there good mates too

colster
06/11/2003, 10:30 AM
Miller was exceptional last night. The lad has no fear whatsoever. I think this lad is the answer to Irelands midfield problems.
A partnership of himself and Healy in midfield could be great for Ireland.

However having said that, a note of caution, this is only his first season at this level. We shouldn't place too much pressure on him. You only have to look at O'Shea and his loss of form this season.

P.S. Did anyone notice a certain Premiership manager at the game last night. I wonder!!!!

sadloserkid
06/11/2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by NigeSausagepump
Admittedly Hedman may not be a world renowned talent spotter, but it's still high praise for the lad.

I dunno about that, have you seen his Missus??? :D

And I hope Alan Quinn gets a run too.

Éanna
06/11/2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by colster
P.S. Did anyone notice a certain Premiership manager at the game last night. I wonder!!!!
apparently he was there to watch Kompany, the Anderlecht defender. Didn't have a great game last night, but he's only 17. Looks like an excellent prospect

sadloserkid
06/11/2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Ozymandias
the soundings coming from sunderland are that Healy is playing super stuff for them as well and looks a class above those around him....

Can you substantiate this rumour? :D

finlma
07/11/2003, 12:38 PM
He has been raved about all this week:

"He has a pace and a vision and I don't think Celtic have seen such a talented player since the days of Kenny Dalglish," said the former Lisbon lion, Bobby Lennox.

Hedman says that he reminds him of a young Freddie Ljunberg and that he's the best 22 year old in the world.

Lets hope that he continues impressing because he's badly needed.

carnstein
07/11/2003, 1:16 PM
Originally posted by colster

Ya, I noticed him too and oddly enough he was pictured leaving the minute Miller went off with cramp...

John83
07/11/2003, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by carnstein
Ya, I noticed him too and oddly enough he was pictured leaving the minute Miller went off with cramp...

He's got Keane, Butt, Scholes, Djemba, Djemba, Kleberson and Phil Neville in the middle, with Fletcher and O'Shea both touted as probable centre-mids in the long term.

Exactly why would he want Miller? Does he hate Celtic or Ireland that much? I heard, btw, that he left moments before Miller left the pitch, so unless he saw that he was limping, or O'Neill saw his leaving as a chance to stir transfer rumours, it was a co-inkey-dink.

carnstein
07/11/2003, 5:22 PM
Originally posted by John83
He's got Keane, Butt, Scholes, Djemba, Djemba, Kleberson and Phil Neville in the middle, with Fletcher and O'Shea both touted as probable centre-mids in the long term.

Exactly why would he want Miller? Does he hate Celtic or Ireland that much? I heard, btw, that he left moments before Miller left the pitch, so unless he saw that he was limping, or O'Neill saw his leaving as a chance to stir transfer rumours, it was a co-inkey-dink.
He left at the same time Miller did, not before.

And as for why he would want Miller, he could get him for nothing in January, Keane is getting old, Djemba-Djemba and Kleberson both look poor signings, Neville and Butt are fairly ordinary players, O'Shea is a defender and Fletcher plays on the right . Pure speculation I know, but you never know.