PDA

View Full Version : Improved budget

Lamper.sffc
02/12/2008, 1:07 PM
Fingal are to improve their budget for 2009 and expect to have a stonger squad next year.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=35127

gael353
04/12/2008, 11:35 PM
Fingal are to improve their budget for 2009 and expect to have a stonger squad next year.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=35127

WTF??? :eek:Are yer books in order cos that team that ye had last season was by far the most expensive in the first division. Throwinig cash at that monkey Buckley who failed at his previous clubs when the cash wasnt available is not a good idea. What was your weekly playing budget last season btw. Id say about €10,000 per week?

pineapple stu
05/12/2008, 11:24 AM
Sure they've a property developer bankrolling them. What can possibly go wrong?

Lamper.sffc
05/12/2008, 12:11 PM
WTF??? :eek:Are yer books in order cos that team that ye had last season was by far the most expensive in the first division. Throwinig cash at that monkey Buckley who failed at his previous clubs when the cash wasnt available is not a good idea. What was your weekly playing budget last season btw. Id say about €10,000 per week?

Cant argue with ya. While I am looking forward to see who we get in, im a bit nervous of the fact that we are trying to do everything too quickly.
We do have good sponsorship deals in place along with Gannons cash so im hoping this is enough to cover our large expenditure (time will tell). Not sure what our wage bill was but i wouldnt say you are far off.

Interesting times ahead.

drummerboy
05/12/2008, 12:12 PM
Sure they've a property developer bankrolling them. What can possibly go wrong?

Rumours are that the said backer is having some very serious problems at the moment.

pineapple stu
05/12/2008, 12:27 PM
I've heard Gannon's one of the few who's still OK, but what you said wouldn't surprise me at all in this climate.

higgins
05/12/2008, 6:08 PM
There's more than Gannon involved.

And even at €10,000 a week they wouldn't have been the highest spenders in the division.

pineapple stu
05/12/2008, 6:27 PM
Appreciate that, but if he were to pull out, there'd be a big hole in their budget.

gael353
06/12/2008, 8:52 PM

And even at €10,000 a week they wouldn't have been the highest spenders in the division.

you could be right, only shels could have had higher. And shels will prob be on here saying they wernt but id be interested to know who you think was higher? Dundalk were closer to €9k followed by waterford, longford, and then all the others around the 2,500 to 0 amount.