PDA

View Full Version : Bohs fans set off fireworks

Neil
01/11/2003, 11:40 AM
Before the end of the game, soon after Crowe scored, 2 or 3 fireworks came out of the Jodi Stand.

I think fireworks, flares, smoke etc. are the job BUT from what I keep hearing from CCFC, Bohs should be fined €500 by the FAI.

Will they be?

I doubt it.

:rolleyes:

bohs til i die
01/11/2003, 12:05 PM
To be fair, it was one incident with fireworks inside Dalymount Park on Halloween night. I cannot think of any reason why Bohs should be fined.

On a slightly different note, How many eircom league clubs have kid free pitches at half time and full time ???

Bosco
01/11/2003, 12:07 PM
Course they SHOULD be fined.Fireworks are illegal in ireland never mind in football grounds.This happens all the time.

But who cares a bit of fun on halloween night.Stop taking everything so seriously

Neil
01/11/2003, 12:10 PM
I understand it was probably just some muppet, fair enough, but rules are rules, and they only seem to be enforced at CCFC.

Bohs is defintely the nicest ground in Dublin to go to. Fair play to the fans who volunteer as stewards. Well run operation.

It was also nice to see to hear the game was being put back to allow our bus get to the game on time. Traffic and accidents on the was up meant it took 6 hours.

BTW Cork City have kid free pitches ALWAYS.

patsh
01/11/2003, 3:38 PM
I thought the stewarding was excellent last night, very friendly and refreshing to see a common sense approach, not the "heavy bodybuilder" kind of sh*te.
I saw no Gardai at all at Dalyer.
Am I correct about this?

Ruairi
01/11/2003, 4:46 PM
I asked one of the stewards what that plastic orange net mesh thing nest to the pitch side wall was. Apparantly it's an anti pitch invasion device type thing.

Strange, yet true

Bosco
01/11/2003, 5:23 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
I asked one of the stewards what that plastic orange net mesh thing nest to the pitch side wall was. Apparantly it's an anti pitch invasion device type thing.

Strange, yet true

They use them in lansdowne aswell

A face
01/11/2003, 6:05 PM
Originally posted by Bosco
They use them in lansdowne aswell

How does it work ... I am curious about the whole logic of it. How does it prevent people scale the barrier and getting onto the pitch. Surely they can think it will dazzle people, thus preventing an invasion.

Dr.Nightdub
01/11/2003, 10:17 PM
Dunno about last night, but when we've played Bohs in Dalymount earlier this year, just coming up to half-time and full-time, the stewards hold the orange mesh thingy up so there's a 5'-6' barrier for would be pitch-invaders.

I think the basic principle is "If it stops people falling into roadworks, it'll stop people going onto football pitches."

A face
02/11/2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
I think the basic principle is "If it stops people falling into roadworks, it'll stop people going onto football pitches."

That is lame ... it might be Bohs trying to be seen to do something about pitch invasions but in practice in would fail. It does look and feel like a building site though.

niamh
02/11/2003, 6:54 PM
Is to stop pitch invaders and apparently works.*
*from Bohs source

Éanna
03/11/2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by bohs til i die
To be fair, it was one incident with fireworks inside Dalymount Park on Halloween night. I cannot think of any reason why Bohs should be fined.

On a slightly different note, How many eircom league clubs have kid free pitches at half time and full time ???
I can think of a reason- they're illegal AND against eL rules. Kid-free pitches are the rule also, yet City seem to be the only club who enforce these rules. Typical FAI crap- make a rule and then ignore it. These rules are there for eveeryone and should be obeyed as such.

Dodge
03/11/2003, 1:21 PM
Relax, although the kids are annoying, what REAL harm are they doing? Have you nohting more important to be complaining about?

Fireworks for me is a total no-no by the way. flares; grand, fireworks, no thanks

Éanna
03/11/2003, 1:26 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Have you nohting more important to be complaining about?
No. Life is good :)
Its not just that the kids are annoying, its the fact that the rules are being broken. Whether you agree with a rule or not, it has to be implemented. If you don't like it, try and change it, but once its there it should be enforced. As for fireworks- agree. definite no-no. No problem with flares IMO, but again, rules.........

Macy
03/11/2003, 1:38 PM
There's bigger rules that aren't implemented that are of far bigger concern..... For example the requirement for Premier clubs to have 1500 covered seats - Drogs and UCD have both been breaking this for years with no work even going on the rectify it (UCD have this season announced a new stand, but this has been a rule for years)...

Dodge
03/11/2003, 2:35 PM
Exactly every club in th country is breaking a some rule or other. Not being to stop kids on the pitch at the end of a game is such a piddly little rule compared to most

BTW Bohs system definitely works

joe
03/11/2003, 2:38 PM
i wouldn't discount the pitch invasions rule so quickly. i would imagine that there are health and safety issues at stake here which might impact on clubs insurance/public liability policies and if anything were to happen they could be in a spot of bother

Dodge
03/11/2003, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by joe
i wouldn't discount the pitch invasions rule so quickly. i would imagine that there are health and safety issues at stake here which might impact on clubs insurance/public liability policies and if anything were to happen they could be in a spot of bother
yeah but what if a certain club played a season without insurance...

You can guess but I'll never tell :)

niamh
03/11/2003, 3:08 PM
That's the main problem with the league IMO - there are rules there that aren't enforced AND which the authorities ignore unless they are forced into action.
Rules are rules.

Dodge
03/11/2003, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Rules are rules.
Sound like Ollie. :D (only when it suits him though)

A complete overhaul of the rule book is needed. Get rid of the junior league stuff, and act like a professional league and we should be OK.

wws
03/11/2003, 3:40 PM
gonna sound reall smart here and all but i read the actual "rule" once - twas in a press release - all it says is that clubs should take all reasonable precautions to ensure that it doesnt happen - its basically more of a "go on - make an effort to prevent it" (kids on pitches) rather than - "oh we''ll relegate nyou if ONE streaker gets on that playing surface this season!"

Macy
03/11/2003, 3:52 PM
Originally posted by wws
gonna sound reall smart here and all but i read the actual "rule" once - twas in a press release - all it says is that clubs should take all reasonable precautions to ensure that it doesnt happen - its basically more of a "go on - make an effort to prevent it" (kids on pitches) rather than - "oh we''ll relegate nyou if ONE streaker gets on that playing surface this season!"
So Bohs are going well over the top then? Next they'll be chucking out fans for trying to start bonfires in buckets......

bohs til i die
03/11/2003, 4:09 PM
One of the main reasons Bohs prevent kids from getting onto the pitch is to allow the players [subs] to warm up at half time and for the players who played to warm down at the end of the game.

Apart from the league game with Pats in August, we have had no pitch encroachments since May. I have yet to see any ground this season where there wasnt people on the pitch at either half time or full time.

One of the main reasons we did this was the european games. UEFA fined us 3 years ago when a few hundred Bohs fans invaded the pitch after we had knocked Aberdeen out of the UEFA Cup.

Bohs even got a commendation from UEFA over the mesh and how easy it is to set up/take down etc as one roll was installed an hour before kick off prior to the Rosenborg tie..

Macy
03/11/2003, 4:12 PM
I was taking the p!ss..... :rolleyes:

SÓC
03/11/2003, 4:24 PM
Originally posted by bohs til i die
I have yet to see any ground this season where there wasnt people on the pitch at either half time or full time.

Turners Cross

Dodge
03/11/2003, 4:35 PM
I've seen it in Turner's Cross. first game of the season. On TV too!!! Disgraceful it was

bohs til i die
03/11/2003, 4:43 PM
Sorry to disappoint you SÓCcfc but when we played in Turners Cross in April there was a good few spectators on the pitch after the game.

NorthoftheLee
03/11/2003, 5:00 PM
when we played you in Sept there werent.

I think there have been a couple of incidents this year, but in the vast majority of our games this season it hasnt been a problem.

niamh
03/11/2003, 9:16 PM

A complete overhaul of the rule book is needed. Get rid of the junior league stuff, and act like a professional league and we should be OK.

Is the only way IMO.
As for City and pitch invaders...considering where we were at the start of the season, we have dealt with the problem. There is the odd strangler though and that is down to the parents.
A football ground ain't a playground.

d13bohs
03/11/2003, 9:21 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
I can think of a reason- they're illegal AND against eL rules. Kid-free pitches are the rule also, yet City seem to be the only club who enforce these rules. Typical FAI crap- make a rule and then ignore it. These rules are there for eveeryone and should be obeyed as such.

How are City the only ones enforcing the "no pitch invasions" rule? Can you not read the rest of this thread? Bohs' mesh, while strange looking, has worked in keeping the little *******s off the pitch at the end of the game. We didn't want to incur any more UEFA fines for the champions league games this season. It works

On the fireworks being let off, I was in the shed for the second half and it was some little pointy eared hobbit lookalike rovers/linfield fan from Finglas who set them off, he wasn't a Bohs fan cos he didn't look too pleased when we scored though he did bear a striking resemblance to a former Bohs player ;) :D

razor
04/11/2003, 7:51 AM
I've seen it in Turner's Cross. first game of the season. On TV too!!! Disgraceful it was

Oisin ********l doesn't count.
Altough keeping him off the pitch mightn't be a bad idea.

Anyone read Lennoxs comments in the programme for the UCD game. Where by next season all kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
His quote was something like Turners Cross is not a creche.

Dead right too.
Should also keep those bone idle stewards busy, get 'em to earn their few bob.

A face
04/11/2003, 5:36 PM
Question for Bohs fans ...... for the invasions that you have had .... did you get fined ???

SÓC
05/11/2003, 9:29 AM
Last night at the Bohs-Shels was the perfect example of why clubs should be fined, heavly, for pitch invasions.

At the end of the game all the usual little fellas ran onto the pitch. One little Anto, clearly visiable, set of a firework on the pitch in the direction of (but not at) the Bohs fans. Nothing was done. Upon seeing this little Deco set off a firework right into the Bohs crowd.

Something must be done about this. Pitch invasions cause hassle be it junior junkies at Richmond spitting on our flags or the kind of crap that happened at Tolka last night. Some clubs go to great lengths to stop them while others couldnt give a toss.