PDA

View Full Version : Cork City Targets

Da-Mini
01/12/2008, 4:43 PM
Anybody see the echo today?
Apparantly Cork City are looking to sign Dav and Kevin Murray on part-time contracts. :(

don ramo
01/12/2008, 4:53 PM
Anybody see the echo today?
Apparantly Cork City are looking to sign Dav and Kevin Murray on part-time contracts. :(

wow thats a surprise, why would they bother, it requires a lot more time off work, a lot of friday night games home and away, while they have mostly saturday night games here, if its full time maybe, but i cant see dav going full time, maybe murray but hes loved here,

there will be talks of this for months anyway, city will wait till 3-4 weeks before the season starts to sign players, as will all the clubs

rambler14
01/12/2008, 5:38 PM
wow thats a surprise, why would they bother, it requires a lot more time off work, a lot of friday night games home and away, while they have mostly saturday night games here, if its full time maybe, but i cant see dav going full time, maybe murray but hes loved here,

there will be talks of this for months anyway, city will wait till 3-4 weeks before the season starts to sign players, as will all the clubs

Yup

I too am not surprised thought there would be more than those two myself.

pcplod
01/12/2008, 5:54 PM
I can think of reason they would consider it Getting paid every week!

Ram72
01/12/2008, 6:00 PM
I can think of reason they would consider it Getting paid every week!
City had their problems too last year paying players. Didn't they take a 70% deferal/cut last season. :ball::ball:

don ramo
01/12/2008, 6:03 PM
no club in the league is guaranteed to pay you on a weekly basis

Battery Rover
01/12/2008, 6:21 PM

And any person depending on regular money from this game is in the wrong job

rambler14
01/12/2008, 6:59 PM

Especially at Cork City. I don't trust Tom Coughlan one bit.
Everytime he does an interview in the paper or on the radio he goes back and contradicts something he said in a previous interview.
Either that or he says something like "Dan Murray and Alan Mathews have signed contracts" (Which he did say!), only for both to come out the next day and say that they'd never even spoke to Tom about contracts!

I don't see the point in selling the Kevin Doyle clause either. Cork are going to lose out on €800,000 if Reading get the €10 million they want, which they will probably get.

don ramo
01/12/2008, 7:19 PM
sure we all said arkaga were dodgy, with there pipedream stadium and what have ya, sure history rarely repeats itself, but well let cork city help cork city and ramblers help ramblers,

but i suppose ill still go to the cross for a few friday night games next year regardless,

it is true if you want a steady wage your in the wrong line of work

Da-Mini
02/12/2008, 2:06 AM
But it was reported that they were only looking to sign the 2 of them to part-time contracts. And with the chance to play setanta and, possibly, make a bit more money off their part-time contracts with city then they may have a look at it especially with the way the ramblers finances are at the moment.
Not saying i want them to go because we would definetely miss them just pointing out. :D

jebus
02/12/2008, 11:12 AM
I don't see the point in selling the Kevin Doyle clause either. Cork are going to lose out on €800,000 if Reading get the €10 million they want, which they will probably get.

I assume they needed quick cash to pay off their debts so they can get a Premier License for next season and couldn't wait in the hope Doyle goes in January (I don't think Reading have any intention of selling him anyway)

micls
04/12/2008, 11:39 AM
Rumour on our forum that both have signed pending medicals.
Also that we will be signing a third, unnamed, rams player

micls
04/12/2008, 3:51 PM
Done deals apparently. Both full time

bellavistaman
04/12/2008, 4:59 PM
Kevin Murray wont go full time i think, the other ones gaynor not davin, gaynor has definitly signed with ye, from what i hear davins not gone yet

micls
04/12/2008, 5:00 PM
Kevin Murray wont go full time i think, the other ones gaynor not davin, gaynor has definitly signed with ye, from what i hear davins not gone yet

Davin has signed

bellavistaman
04/12/2008, 5:01 PM
Davin has signed

Fair enough.

micls
04/12/2008, 5:02 PM
Fair enough.

Murray isnt confirmed but could very well follow

bellavistaman
04/12/2008, 5:10 PM
Gaynor??

micls
04/12/2008, 5:11 PM
Gaynor??

Heard nothign about him but as I said there was a rumour of a 3rd unnamed player from Cobh

bellavistaman
04/12/2008, 5:28 PM
Heard nothign about him but as I said there was a rumour of a 3rd unnamed player from Cobh
Him alright i think good signing for ye, a player of real natural talent!

Pablo Escobar
04/12/2008, 6:04 PM
O'Neill confirmed. See first headline:

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/main.php

don ramo
04/12/2008, 6:23 PM
honestly never thought id see the day, sad to see him go but hope he doesnt stay there to long before some english club sign him up, i like the way they say hes a local player,

rambler14
04/12/2008, 9:58 PM
Good luck to both Kevin and Davin! Two quality Premier Division players.

Gaynor won't sign for them at all. He's gone home. He's looking for a club in the Dublin/Louth area.

The 3rd player to sign will be................................................ .................................wait for it................................................ .........Bilko! (There will be some happy people on the Northbank!:D)

nismo
04/12/2008, 11:06 PM
sad day for the club..were ****ed

rambler14
04/12/2008, 11:07 PM
sad day for the club..were ****ed

Something told me you were due back!

adamcarr
05/12/2008, 12:32 PM
Good luck to both Kevin and Davin! Two quality Premier Division players.

Gaynor won't sign for them at all. He's gone home. He's looking for a club in the Dublin/Louth area.

The 3rd player to sign will be................................................ .................................wait for it................................................ .........Bilko! (There will be some happy people on the Northbank!:D)

He was the worst keeper in the division last season by a long way, Id be very annoyed if he signed.

presario
05/12/2008, 1:36 PM
just wondering is daryll kananagh still with cobh or whats the story there?

marty
05/12/2008, 2:03 PM
Greeners with wanderers is a class act in goal and hes local,cant see us replacing the other 2 but they had to go to further their careers with a bigger club.With all the nonsense about us not paying players and cutting wage bills we wont be a massive attraction to the players already in the league so it actually might work in our favour to get more locals in the team on a smaller wage bill.

rambler14
05/12/2008, 7:52 PM
Greeners with wanderers is a class act in goal and hes local,cant see us replacing the other 2 but they had to go to further their careers with a bigger club.With all the nonsense about us not paying players and cutting wage bills we wont be a massive attraction to the players already in the league so it actually might work in our favour to get more locals in the team on a smaller wage bill.

Fennelly's saw sense and retired!, thank christ!

Greeners wouldn't have the time to play for Ramblers he barely has enough time to play for Wanderers!

bellavistaman
06/12/2008, 3:24 AM
But a class act to be fair!! If he could get a year off sea at the navy, i would be proud to have a local like him represent the club, his attitude to football even at junior level with springfield was amazing, if he joined now he'd be starting in the same position as Bilko did many years ago

holidaysong
06/12/2008, 12:41 PM
I'd expect Ross Gaynor to be Dundalk FC next year..

rambler14
06/12/2008, 12:44 PM
I'd expect Ross Gaynor to be Dundalk FC next year..

As would I either there or Shamrock Rovers or Drogs if they sort themselves out!

micls
06/12/2008, 3:59 PM
Being reported on FAI.ie that we've signed Murray and re-signed Darren Murohy. No word from the club yet though

marty
07/12/2008, 11:16 AM
Any City fans like to give a predicition on what position their likely to finish next year,its all well and good signing these players but are they good enough to maintain a challenge for the whole season.The biggest problem I can see them having is between the sticks,3 goalkeepers signed and not one of them capable of getting into any other top 3 or 4 side.Needless to say with Dav in the team I can only wish the team well but I think a lack of firepower and a weak link in goals will have to be addressed if they are realistic of pushing on--As for Rams we dont even know what we"ll have left in the form of a team but with Limerick leading the way in local talent and beating all the top teams lastyear I hope we can do the same.

micls
07/12/2008, 3:51 PM
3 goalkeepers?

We dont have ANY goalkeeper under contract, but its certainly an area we have to fill before the season starts.

From the signings so far we'l have a very solid defense, if Kearney and Healy sign as expected we'l have a quality midfield(right wing to be filled).

Our only other problem will be up front, Davin's a good signing but we've nothing else up there.

Also a bench....

rambler14
07/12/2008, 3:52 PM
Also a bench....

Try Woodies or Homebase!:D

sadloserkid
08/12/2008, 10:36 AM
Posts from nismo and R14 moved to rubbish. Infractions next time lads.

micls
08/12/2008, 11:37 AM
Murray confirmed as singing by mathews last night on RedFM

rambler14
08/12/2008, 11:38 AM
No real shock! Was to be expected.

Good luck Kev!

bellavistaman
08/12/2008, 1:42 PM
Would wish nothing but the best for Murray, an absolute legend in my eyes, will be sadly missed, he deserves this chance an if he gets an opportunity im sure hell take with two hands

Pablo Escobar
08/12/2008, 2:02 PM
Murray confirmed as singing by mathews last night on RedFM

Is Noelle out of a job so? :p

rambler14
08/12/2008, 3:01 PM
Murray confirmed as SINGING by mathews last night on RedFM

What was he singing? Elvis? Lionel Richie? :D

sadloserkid
09/12/2008, 9:40 AM
Elvis? Lionel Richie? :D

If they're the first two musicians to come to mind then I'd hate to see your record collection! :p