PDA

View Full Version : Doyler to Goodison?

an_ceannaire
01/12/2008, 2:20 PM
Sorry if this was posted already but Just reported on BBC Radio Merseyside that David Moyes is preparing an offer of something in the region of 2m plus Andy Van Der Meyde and Victor Anichebe for Kevin Doyle. Interesting stuff! Not sure if it was VDM and Anichebe, or VDM or Anichebe.
Good move if it goes thru?

DeLorean
01/12/2008, 2:26 PM
Cork City get a % of the fee so I was hoping he'd leave for considerably more than that. Think it could be an ok move by Reading though as those players would be decent in the Champioship. For Doyle himself it would be a decent move too, Yakubu is out for the season so he'd have a good opportunity to prove himself there. Saha will miss more than he'll play too I'd imagine. At one stage I was hoping he might go to Villa but not now as they have serious attacking strength with Agbonlahor, Young and Carew so his opportunities would be limited. Sunderland are in free fall and it's hard to know if Keane would play him ahead of Cisse Jones etc. so he'd be rotated at best.

tetsujin1979
01/12/2008, 2:28 PM
Makes sense, Yakubu is out for the season, and Doyle is a similar type of player.
Thought Anichebe was injured as well?
Van Der Weyde would be on good wages as well, don't know if Reading could afford him.

tetsujin1979
01/12/2008, 2:29 PM
Cork City get a % of the fee so I was hoping he'd leave for considerably more than that.
Not any more, Reading bought it out recently for around 200,000

an_ceannaire
01/12/2008, 2:33 PM
Vaughan on injured list not anichebe. If i was coppell i wouldnt touch VDM with a barge pole, but Anichebe would be a great signing for them. I reckon its the absolute best possible move for Dolyer if it comes off, He wont get a better club than Everton. Be great news.

Irish_Praha
01/12/2008, 2:39 PM
I reckon its the absolute best possible move for Dolyer if it comes off, He wont get a better club than Everton. Be great news.

I agree, playing for a decent team and almost guaranteed first team football, if they don't buy a few more strikers in the transfer window. However, i don't think they have a the money available for buying several players for one position.

DeLorean
01/12/2008, 2:44 PM
Not any more, Reading bought it out recently for around 200,000

Never heard, suppose City weren't in much of a position for negotiating!!

richieos
01/12/2008, 2:57 PM
i was gonna make a thread the second yakubu got injured suggesting that doyle might join everton, seems like a perfect signing

RiffRaff
01/12/2008, 5:09 PM
Cant see much truth in this rumour. Everton have only one fit striker in Anichebe, its unlikely they would swap that situation for one with Doyle as their only available striker and they would be very unlikely to get any takers for Van Der Meyde as he is available on a free at the end of the season. Linked with Podalski as well over the weekend, available at 5 million which makes him cheaper than Doyle.

irishfan86
01/12/2008, 5:42 PM
Cant see much truth in this rumour. Everton have only one fit striker in Anichebe, its unlikely they would swap that situation for one with Doyle as their only available striker and they would be very unlikely to get any takers for Van Der Meyde as he is available on a free at the end of the season. Linked with Podalski as well over the weekend, available at 5 million which makes him cheaper than Doyle.

Was reading somewhere that Man City were preparing a 12 million pound bid for Podolski....maybe it was Euros.

Either way, 5 million for Podolski seems too cheap.

Carrigaline
01/12/2008, 8:03 PM
Sounds like an awful deal.

Andy van der Meyde is regarded as one of the worst signings that Everton have ever made. Coppell wouldn't have him anywhere near Reading FC. As for Anichebe, it's unlikely Everton would let go of one of their best youth players.

Closed Account
01/12/2008, 9:19 PM
The Kevin Doyle to Everton story is just some journalist putting two and two together. There is no basis for the story whatsoever. Personally I think it would be a good move for all involved but its pointless talking about it until January.

Podolski is 90% certain to go back to Cologne. He won't be going to Everton either. Moyes will be given money to spend so there are a multitude of options out there for him.

Colbert Report
01/12/2008, 11:03 PM
Reading need to think ahead. They're likely to go up having won again today. Where will they be eight months down the road on July 1? If they sell Doyle and fail to replace him with a player of equal value they'll drop right back down again for sure.

They should do a deal for money plus a one and a half year loan deal for Gosling and Baxter. Both excellent players (right back and striker) who are eighteen and sixteen years old. This would work well for both clubs - Everton get a half year's experience in the Championship and a full year in the Premiership for their best two young players, and get Kevin Doyle to ease their striker worries this season. Reading still get promoted, and then have two great young players to help them stay up next season, plus some cash to boot!

tetsujin1979
01/12/2008, 11:08 PM
Is there any confirmation of this yet?

Colbert Report
01/12/2008, 11:09 PM
No no, it is just rumours at this stage.