PDA

View Full Version : Legends

Sam_Heggy
01/12/2008, 12:42 PM
Hey all,

I was thinking of getting a "Legends tournament" organised for the new year.

Basically it would be a four team tournament with semi final and final.

The four teams would be Finn Harps, Sligo, Monaghan and Derry. We would prob host it in Donegal and if a sucess it could be run annually.

It could be a bit of craic and raising the profile of the clubs involved for the closed season keeping interest going and maybe getting some of the older heads back to watch the teams involved.

So what do ye think of the prospect?
Who would ye like to see in your legends side?

I was thinking either late Jan or early Feb, before pre-season games begin.

Money raised can be donated to a charity, presented by someone from each team (charity can be decided on between the four teams ie. Kids hospital, cancer research, you get my drift).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

avvenalaf
01/12/2008, 1:44 PM
Not being facetious but where the fcuk are you going to get a legend in Monaghan ?

Sam_Heggy
01/12/2008, 1:54 PM
Not being facetious but where the fcuk are you going to get a legend in Monaghan ?

Meh, they had a team in the premier in the mid ninties, it would be mostly made up of them.
Im informed they will have no bother putting a team together.

sligoman
01/12/2008, 5:17 PM
Someone is eventually gonna post this so I may aswell do it for them-Kevin Julian, Choice Aisien and Brian Tosh:p.

Great idea btw. I'm sure if you contact the club they'll be able to assist with getting players and that if they can.

Red&White Rover
01/12/2008, 6:03 PM
As long as Tosh is playing....;)

Oh I see Sligoman has already covered that angle:D

sligofan4ever
01/12/2008, 6:26 PM
Someone is eventually gonna post this so I may aswell do it for them-Kevin Julian, Choice Aisien and Brian Tosh:p.

Great idea btw. I'm sure if you contact the club they'll be able to assist with getting players and that if they can.

Aye, there up there with the greats :). I was waiting to say this but, I wonder where they are now ? :p.

Fivesilver
01/12/2008, 9:28 PM

Big Tom? Wee Barry?

sligored
01/12/2008, 9:45 PM

http://www.cambridgecityfc.com/afolder/ladies_girls_contacts.shtml

under 16 girls manager?

fair play to the farmer mcdonald- he could pick players off the scrapheap

red_away
02/12/2008, 9:45 AM
Sam,

Would 'Beezer' Bradley be playing for Rovers?

Rovers1
03/12/2008, 12:52 PM

Foyzer??

Red&White Rover
03/12/2008, 6:34 PM
The only legend in Monaghan is in the ordinance Survey map sure...

sligored
07/12/2008, 11:18 AM
cotterill and sanchez are the two guests on goals on sunday.
if these managers went on to better things i wonder where cookie will end up

Rory H
07/12/2008, 11:43 AM
cotterill and sanchez are the two guests on goals on sunday.
if these managers went on to better things i wonder where cookie will end up

I'd have to go for better things.