PDA

View Full Version : Sean Thornton

sexyseanlova
31/10/2003, 10:08 AM
Who thinks Sean Thornton is ready for a full international cap,personally i do!He's palyin excellent for Sunderland apart from pickin up a injury the otha nite hopefullys he's fit for the youth championships and then if he plays well then he may get noticed for how well he plays!

:p

lopez
31/10/2003, 10:59 AM
I'd play 'Trooper' Sean Thornton, from The Quiet Man, ahead of some of the performers from the surrender of Basel.:mad:

tiktok
31/10/2003, 11:23 AM
yeah, he's worth a look, Liam Miller and Andy Reid should get their shot first though.

Slash/ED
31/10/2003, 12:31 PM
Not ready yet imo. Looks very unfit and sluggish and is looks completley lost without the ball, often prone to a rash tackle. On the ball, the talent it there for all too see and if he fulfills his potential he'll be a mainstay in the side for a decade but he's not ready yet.

Beavis
31/10/2003, 12:34 PM
Slash/Ed is right,possibly a bit overweight,doesn't move too well.His distribution is very good and we could do with a creative player but give him more time before a call up.

Ozymandias
31/10/2003, 1:19 PM
Thornton is not ready yet...Whitley has been preferred to him at the moment in sunderland prior to his injury...played right side a good bit for Kerr under 19 and 17....could end up there for ireland

not yet though but I do believe he will be a serious player as he has a good engine but is a bit overweight at the mo

sexyseanlova
03/11/2003, 1:06 PM
Whitley has only been picked coz of sean's injury and ban!Whitley doesnt deserve a place in da team he's rubbish!Sean has good ball skills although he does lose possession doesnt every footballer and he is NOT overweight!

d13bohs
03/11/2003, 8:57 PM
I agree with tiktok that Andy Reid and Liam Miller should be the next two players to be blooded into the first team, Thornton has loads of ability but he's probably not ready just yet (though the sooner he gets capped the better, cos it means more €€€ for us - he's a former Bohs schoolboy) :cool:

sexyseanlova
03/11/2003, 9:10 PM
yeah so Sexy Sean T deserves to b in da squad!He's Lush and irish!

gustavo
03/11/2003, 10:13 PM
on that basis i demand brian kerr be held to account for his failure to call me up for the entire duration of his tenure

Seanie
04/11/2003, 8:31 AM
I believe we will see Liam Miller and Sean Thornton in partership at a major championships yet - but we can't blood them together so I think Miller should get the chance to establish himself before Thornton is finally given his chance.

Ozymandias
04/11/2003, 9:17 AM
Kerr has never really played thornton in the middle...I'd say millar and healy will be the central partnership with Thornton out right..I expect the next qualifying campaign (world cup Germany 2006) to start that way.

Whitley was in the team at sunderland ahead of thornton not because of the ban or injury but because McCarthy chose him ....don't understand it myself as he is twice the player whitley is.

we'''ll see Seán soon but not for canada anyway as he is injured ...probably february friendly.