PDA

View Full Version : Gregg up for SWAI award

pineapple stu
27/11/2008, 12:31 PM
Nominated for goalkeeper of the year (http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3836) with Brian Murphy and Ger Doherty. Can't see him winning it, but nice to see him recognised. Our best player last year by a distance.

HarpoJoyce
28/11/2008, 2:18 PM
Thank's for posting this.

Don't always agree with their choices, but occasionally they don't chose the obvious candidate either.

Gregg is up against tough competition. Barry Ryan's already got one for 2002-2003.
http://www.swai.ie/?q=node/42

Theo won a Merit Award in 2001
http://www.swai.ie/?q=node/43
..and Paul Doolin the Personality of the Year in 2002.

Wish him look and hope he enjoys the evening.

John83
28/11/2008, 6:21 PM
Good luck to Gregg. He had a good season, for sure. I don't know that he was our best player by a distance though. Goalkeepers frequently look good in bad teams - lots of shots to stop, I guess!

Kenna had a few uncharacteristically bad games for us, but was very good overall.

Poor Student
29/11/2008, 12:37 AM
Good luck to Gregg. He had a good season, for sure. I don't know that he was our best player by a distance though. Goalkeepers frequently look good in bad teams - lots of shots to stop, I guess!

That's a fair point to make. It must be said though, Matt improved immensely on his previous season's performance.

pineapple stu
01/12/2008, 4:12 PM
There's a reason he had lots of shots to save though.

pineapple stu
05/12/2008, 11:30 AM
Whichever Murphy plays (played?) for Bohs won. Not a huge surprise really. Still, it's the thought that counts.

Dodge
05/12/2008, 12:44 PM
Whichever Murphy plays (played?) for Bohs won. Not a huge surprise really. Still, it's the thought that counts.

You don't know who the top keeper in the league is, but you could rattle off the P&L statements of every club in the country?

pineapple stu
05/12/2008, 12:54 PM
If the SWAI would be as kind as to file their annual awards with the Companies Office, I'd be well informed.

(Also, unless your answer is Barry Ryan, then my post was a rather poor joke combined with laziness and a desire not to get it wrong and be mocked mercilessly like many a tabloid hack)

Dodge
05/12/2008, 12:56 PM
joke wasn't too bad. You probably didn't spot that I was joking too

(and Barry Ryan is barely the best keeper at pats, never mind the league)

pineapple stu
05/12/2008, 1:01 PM
You probably didn't spot that I was joking too
I probably recognised it dimly in the back of my mind, more through force of habit and knowing what your posts are like.

But I don't think we troubled any team particularly well over the course of the season for me to form any proper views on the league's keepers this year!

Schumi
05/12/2008, 3:03 PM
But I don't think we troubled any team particularly well over the course of the season for me to form any proper views on the league's keepers this year!There was Bray, but we probably already knew the answer there.