PDA

View Full Version : Today FM Poll

Pages : [1] 2

Redie
27/11/2008, 8:59 AM
The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show is running a poll for the 'Best Moments of 2008' and one of the categories is best sporting moment. Wouldn't it be a good one if a
League of Ireland moment topped that poll. it is an on-line poll on the Today FM Website/Breakfast Show.

Could we organise something

pixiehead
27/11/2008, 10:08 AM
Id be up for it. I dont listen to today FM and i think they have their heads buried in the premiership :mad:
What "moment" had ya in mind

Mr A
27/11/2008, 10:11 AM
So for something completely random, like Monaghan's 5-1 hammering of Longford :)

L37Ultra
27/11/2008, 10:12 AM
The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show is running a poll for the 'Best Moments of 2008' and one of the categories is best sporting moment. Wouldn't it be a good one if a topped that poll. it is an on-line poll on the Today FM Website/Breakfast Show.

Could we organise something

Ya, great idea. If we could nominate one League Of Ireland moment (for example Bohs winning the double) and everyone on here texted in that moment then maybe it might make the poll.

Rocky77
27/11/2008, 10:25 AM
So for something completely random, like Monaghan's 5-1 hammering of Longford :)

:( :(

Magicme
27/11/2008, 10:41 AM
I like that Mr A or how about our dying seconds equaliser against Dundalk in the 2-2 game at KCP??

micls
27/11/2008, 10:48 AM
Ya, great idea. If we could nominate one League Of Ireland moment (for example Bohs winning the double) and everyone on here texted in that moment then maybe it might make the poll.

We'd need something teh majority would agree on....

So I nominate Limericks last minute equaliser to keep Shels down ;)

holidaysong
27/11/2008, 10:51 AM
We'd need something teh majority would agree on....

That was a memorable one alright. ;)

EAFC_rdfl
27/11/2008, 10:53 AM
thats the one to go with (limerick equalizer). It should be put at the top of foot.ie for a while so everyone see's it. its an online form with 17 questions about the year gone by, bit tedious having to do them all but would be worth it. sicken dempsey, mcmullen and paul collins anyway!!!!

tiktok
27/11/2008, 10:54 AM

I'll vote for that. :D

Magicme
27/11/2008, 10:57 AM
I wont vote for that, I think it has been over celebrated already.

L37Ultra
27/11/2008, 11:00 AM
I'll vote for that, but can't see many Shels fans voting for it :D

Would love to hear Paul Collin's reaction :)

Réiteoir
How about Glen Crowe swearing live on National TV?

They'd then be obliged to play said clip :D

Sam_Heggy
Drogheda coming close to knocking out Kiev in the champions league.

Bohs superb season.

A classic game of ball in the cup final

The steady improvement in the quality of football in the league

Pats beating Elfsborg in UEFA cup

A fair few could be used, Id say the steady improvement in the quality of football (not at Harps obviously but in the league in general) Players the likes of Coleman, O'Shea, Fahey, McGinn, McCourt, Kalounas and many more being touted for top SPL and Championship sides is testement to how the league is improving. The fact also that the transfer fees received from English clubs seems much higher than they used to be (ie. Doyle and Long €127k to McCourt circa €500k) means the league must be viewed/ rated higher than before by other leagues.

mcgonigle
27/11/2008, 11:01 AM
I like that Mr A or how about our dying seconds equaliser against Dundalk in the 2-2 game at KCP??

Yeah that was memorable, the roar that went up was deafening! :D

jbyrne
27/11/2008, 11:22 AM
thats the one to go with (limerick equalizer). It should be put at the top of foot.ie for a while so everyone see's it. its an online form with 17 questions about the year gone by, bit tedious having to do them all but would be worth it. sicken dempsey, mcmullen and paul collins anyway!!!!

yes, would be brilliant :rolleyes: have yis nothing better to be doing? do you really think that even an attempted rigging of the poll by this forum will get enough votes to surpass the likes of our olympic medals, kilkennys all-ireland or tyrones all-ireland? i doubt you'd reach a 3 digit figure of votes

holidaysong
27/11/2008, 11:39 AM

Link ?

rambler14
27/11/2008, 12:03 PM
How about the classic game of the 1st series, game 8:
Cobh Ramblers 0-0 UCD.

EAFC_rdfl
27/11/2008, 12:44 PM
Link ?
today fm link is it??

here (http://www.todayfm.com/Article.asp?id=996150)

Black and White
27/11/2008, 12:48 PM
Id go with the Dundalk players walking off the kildare pictha nd next of all a massive pitch invasion!!!MNS just about caught some of it!lol

If not that then Scanlons equalier against shels in the 92nd minute!

Réiteoir
27/11/2008, 12:56 PM
yes, would be brilliant :rolleyes: have yis nothing better to be doing? do you really think that even an attempted rigging of the poll by this forum will get enough votes to surpass the likes of our olympic medals, kilkennys all-ireland or tyrones all-ireland? i doubt you'd reach a 3 digit figure of votes

Jeez - chill out fella :rolleyes:

L37Ultra
27/11/2008, 1:01 PM
I can see the headlines now.

League Of Ireland in yet another fixing scam. :D :D

fergalr
27/11/2008, 1:04 PM
have yis nothing better to be doing?
Personally? No.

I'll vote for the Limerick equaliser.

EAFC_rdfl
27/11/2008, 1:11 PM
Jeez - chill out fella :rolleyes:
thanks, i resisted the urge to reply to that one;)

holidaysong
27/11/2008, 1:33 PM
today fm link is it??

here (http://www.todayfm.com/Article.asp?id=996150)

Thanks.

Id go with the Dundalk players walking off the kildare pictha nd next of all a massive pitch invasion!!!MNS just about caught some of it!lol

If not that then Scanlons equalier against shels in the 92nd minute!

Essentially the same incident but 50km apart!

Karl Phillips
27/11/2008, 4:24 PM
Wont be voting for it, in fact I would vote for anything else!!!!

sadloserkid
27/11/2008, 5:17 PM
Wont be voting for it, in fact I would vote for anything else!!!!

Spoilsport. Now I know how you must have felt after the goal... :(

Monkfish
27/11/2008, 5:24 PM
I wont vote for that, I think it has been over celebrated already.

You bitter bitter woman! :D

Count me in! :)

GalwayRed
27/11/2008, 9:56 PM
couldnt vote for that not the goal itself.........if you turn it into the reaction of the dundalk players at station road it would surely get more votes though...........still wouldnt vote for it but it would probably get more votes:o

finnpark
27/11/2008, 10:05 PM
I suggest St Pats win over Elfsborg. :) If we choose Limerick or other they will skew the voting anyway so lets go for something that deserves to get the award. :)

cheifo
27/11/2008, 10:14 PM
Anything other than "the brillant FAI cup final" would look like it was a gimmick imo.

Ram72
27/11/2008, 10:18 PM
How about the classic game of the 1st series, game 8:
Cobh Ramblers 0-0 UCD.
Get a life. That game is best forgotten.:mad:

finnpark
27/11/2008, 10:22 PM
Anything other than "the brillant FAI cup final" would look like it was a gimmick imo.

Yes, that would be a worthy winner :)

Redie
28/11/2008, 8:43 AM
Personally I would prefer go for "This Year's FAI Cup Final".

A bit of Credibility.

gspain
28/11/2008, 8:51 AM
As a Limerick fan who was behind the goal when Colin Scanlon scored I'd still go for Pats v Elfsborg. Much as I am proud of our team and their performances in the title race (including a win at Oriel Park) St Pats v Elfsborg was a special night. Pats did our league and country proud.

elroy
28/11/2008, 9:28 AM
I think Pats at home at Elfsborg has to be it. Or from a cork point of view, the Setanta cup victory but somehow i get the feeling not many would be keen on voting for Cork this year.

God how sweet would it be to hear Paul "Bainesteoir nothing else but the gaa matters" Collins having to read out that a LOI moment was voted sporting moment of the year!!

Mr A
28/11/2008, 10:17 AM
I say we just have a debate that goes around in circles, then do nothing.

Then do the same next year.

Dodge
28/11/2008, 10:19 AM

I preferred your monkey fighting suggestion

wexledge
28/11/2008, 12:29 PM
how bout Wexford's lack of lighting, one of the most talked bout stories!! :p

oldyouth
28/11/2008, 12:33 PM
how bout Wexford's lack of lighting, one of the most talked bout stories!! :p
There was no 'lack of lighting'. If there was, L37 would have won their appeal.

Anyway, it was a bad day for LOI football from both sides and should be forgotten

HarpoJoyce
28/11/2008, 1:19 PM

Anyway, it was a bad day for LOI football from both sides and should be forgotten

Forgotten? or later to be served cold with a dribble of Virgin Olive Oil?

This year I'd vote for something representative of league. Pat's/ Elfsborg (2nd game), Bohs double, one of the Cup Finals.

holidaysong
28/11/2008, 3:48 PM
Pat's - Elfsborg should probably be it alright. One of the most enjoyable games that I've attended as a neutral..

sullanefc
29/11/2008, 12:43 PM
1. Song of the Year
Blackout Crew - Put a Donk on it. :D

2. Album of the Year

3. Artist of the Year

4. Gig of the Year

5. Film of the Year
Madagascar 2

6. TV Show of the Year
MNS

7. Sporting Moment of the Year
Limericks late equaliser against Shelbourne.

8. Couple of the Year
Peter Andre & Jordan

9. Man of the Year
Roddy Molloy

10. Woman of the Year
Mary Harney

11. Best Newcomer of 2008
Alex Bruce

12. Biggest Highlight of 2008

13. Biggest Lowlight of 2008

14. Your Prediction for 2009

15. Trend of 2008

16. Word Everyone was Overusing in 2008
Going forward

17. Most Complete Spanner of 2008
Brian Cowen/George Lee

John83
29/11/2008, 7:49 PM

I preferred your monkey fighting suggestion
Yes, that had more flinging of poo.

That poll probably gets tens of thousands of votes for the winner. I doubt we could swing it, even if we got every LoI fan active on the internet to vote.

My vote is that we arrange a fight between Paul Collins and a monkey instead. We could make money off that idea.

gael353
29/11/2008, 8:49 PM

its funny you should mention that, cos although limerick appealed due to the lack of lighting on the training pitch which led to it being unsafe etc it wasnt even mentioned by the fai in both their judgements. You see, if Mick Wallace had shot Mike Kerley dead, the fai wouldnt punish him, as he has more money to run tru the courts to throw against them.

John83
29/11/2008, 9:56 PM
...You see, if Mick Wallace had shot Mike Kerley dead, the fai wouldnt punish him...
Nah. Ollie Byrne did that once and they got him with "bringing the game into disrepute," which is fair really, given that Kerley grew back.

cheifo
29/11/2008, 10:21 PM
So we are all agreed then, the Judean peoples Front?:p

Monkfish
29/11/2008, 10:41 PM
So we are all agreed then, the Judean peoples Front?:p

FCUK OFF! we are the peoples front of Judea! :o

C'mon lads il go with the Pats match or Bohs double, or the 1st div climax or the cup final......................aghhh theres too many! :eek:

El-Pietro
04/12/2008, 2:29 AM
FCUK OFF! we are the peoples front of Judea! :o

C'mon lads il go with the Pats match or Bohs double, or the 1st div climax or the cup final......................aghhh theres too many! :eek:
splitter

WoodquayBoy
04/12/2008, 8:21 AM
I thought we were the Popular Front?