PDA

View Full Version : The real Roddy

wexfordned
26/11/2008, 5:34 PM
Owen Heary on what virtually every Bohs fan thinks of Roddy:

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/irish/owen-we-proved-doubters-wrong-1551092.html

Bohemians' players took a little detour from their lap of honour with the FAI Cup at the RDS yesterday -- to parade the trophy in front of a certain TV pundit in the commentary box.

Bohs boss Pat Fenlon said it was an instinctive decision by his Cup-winning players, not something that was pre-planned, to show RTE analyst Roddy Collins, who won a double with Bohs in 2001, what they thought of his comments about the team and their style of play.

"A few of the players decided to bring the trophy down in front of the TV gantry. They weren't happy with some of Roddy's comments over the last few weeks. I think Roddy is disappointed that Pat has won the double in his first season at the club and it took Roddy three years," said Bohs skipper Owen Heary.

"We proved the doubters wrong. Roddy Collins said we played dire football, that he wouldn't open the curtains to watch us. We scored more goals than anyone else and we conceded very few, so we're a successful team. If his teams played quality football but got relegated, what's the point in that? Roddy said that I only came to Bohs to see out my career, so winning the double answers that. Roddy won the double with Bohs, but he's been dining out on one result, against Kaiserslautern, for years now," Heary added.

- Aidan Fitzmaurice

Black and White
26/11/2008, 6:00 PM
Roddy collins is a ****!Thinks he knows everything and should NOT be allowed anywhere near a club with a bit of money cause hell end up bakrupting them and getting them relegated!!!Useless ****

brianw82
26/11/2008, 6:26 PM
Roddy collins is a ****!Thinks he knows everything and should NOT be allowed anywhere near a club with a bit of money cause hell end up bakrupting them and getting them relegated!!!Useless ****

To be fair, Ebenezer Scrooge could probably bankrupt a LoI club in the current climate.

Mr A
26/11/2008, 6:56 PM
Ack, I thought this was going to be a pimped up Dublin version of the Eminem song.

charliesboots
27/11/2008, 12:49 PM
Surprise surprise Fitzgypo wrote the article - "biased? who? me?"

Jersey Cow
27/11/2008, 12:57 PM
From what I hear Heary is far from "whiter than white" himself...reported that he got his wages at Shels during the whole no-money episode along with his mate Fenlon whom he got into Bohs, when everybody else didn't get a shillin down Tolka way....and then jumps ship to Shels arch rivals in Phibsboro.......thats loyalty! :(

charliesboots
27/11/2008, 1:19 PM
From what I hear Heary is far from "whiter than white" himself...reported that he got his wages at Shels during the whole no-money episode along with his mate Fenlon whom he got into Bohs, when everybody else didn't get a shillin down Tolka way....and then jumps ship to Shels arch rivals in Phibsboro.......thats loyalty! :(

Heard he's not always white than white alright - weak bladder apparently!

Dalymountrower
27/11/2008, 2:17 PM

Thats the second time you`ve alleged that, you got a response from a Shels fan refuting your unfounded allegations the first time you wummed, are you Roddy in disguise?

wexfordned
27/11/2008, 2:20 PM
Thats the second time you`ve alleged that, you got a response from a Shels fan refuting your unfounded allegations the first time you wummed, are you Roddy in disguise?

Why bother, besides it not as if Heary has got the medals to back up his comments. Expect Roddy to try for any job in EL next season so he can add another club to the "never been relegated" section of his CV

wexfordned
27/11/2008, 2:24 PM
Heard he's not always white than white alright - weak bladder apparently!

I heard that too. Aledgedly when told Pats where playing Alan Kirby on the left wing in the cup semi final he ****ed himself laughing

Dyl10
27/11/2008, 2:41 PM
They're both ****s anyway

OneRedArmy
27/11/2008, 2:44 PM
Reminds me of Stuey Byrne's rant a few seasons back.

Another bitter Fenlon disciple....

razor
27/11/2008, 2:52 PM
I hate Heary far more than i'll ever hate Shoddy.

Karl Phillips
27/11/2008, 4:31 PM
I hate Heary far more than i'll ever hate Shoddy.

Do you know him ? I doubt it. I do and fair play to him. I certainly dont blame him for getting paid.

SMorgan
27/11/2008, 5:50 PM
The Bohs players should go away and act their age and not their shoe size.

LeixlipRed
27/11/2008, 8:19 PM
When Steve gets locked up do you think they might accidentely lock up Roddy instead? That'd be super!

Dyl10
27/11/2008, 8:27 PM
Do you know him ? I doubt it. I do and fair play to him. I certainly dont blame him for getting paid.

Do you know Roddy? doubt it...

Didn't know Heary got paid per interview either :eek:

razor
27/11/2008, 8:36 PM
Do you know him ? I doubt it. I do and fair play to him. I certainly dont blame him for getting paid.You see in supporting football you don't necessarily need to know someone personally to form an opinion on them. Its slightly illogical but logical at the same time too.

TonyD
27/11/2008, 9:41 PM
Hearys a horrible piece of sheight and I could never stand him. Roddy was right(:eek:) about him in the cup final too, cheating bastid. Blatant dive.

RĂ©iteoir
27/11/2008, 9:46 PM
Hearys a horrible piece of sheight and I could never stand him. Roddy was right(:eek:) about him in the cup final too, cheating bastid. Blatant dive.

conveniently ignoring the fact that he got kicked twice in the lead-up to that incident

but don't let that get in the way of a good rant...

GalwayRed
27/11/2008, 9:48 PM
Do you know Roddy? doubt it...

Eh he never made any comment about Roddy.
Cant blame Heary for leaving us. He needs to be getting paid a decent wage this is his full time proffesion after all. Its just logic

1895ringsend
28/11/2008, 7:14 PM

and roddys not a horrible piece of sheight? :rolleyes:the bloke slags off the league constantly on television and dose nothing for the game here. he's the worst possible PR man for the league. heary is a class act!!! league of ireland legend!!

Martinho II
29/11/2008, 7:13 PM
speakin of the devil saw a picture in todays star of steve collins being lifted up by roddy when he won the world boxing title in 1995.. didnt recognise roddy with the flat hairstyle..:D

dublinred
01/12/2008, 4:32 PM
He had another dig at bohs in the star on sunday very bitter man his article was based on the 7 games he seen them play, how does he get airtime at RTE on several occasions I've seen the other presenters wanting to hit him to shut up his permformance after the drogs match was a disgrace.